Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6408 6409 [6410] 6411 6412 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443028 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96135 on: February 11, 2016, 07:26:50 am »

Did you go to the Shetland Isles? How big are the ponies?

Did you go to Orkney too? Are there really Orks there?
Neither, unfortunately, though I did see a couple of the ponies elsewhere. They were... pretty darn small. Easily short enough for someone to standing-jump over one.

I enjoy reminding people who get too raa viking much warrior so barbarian that this is what the iron age norse rode on.
That, and they wore fanny packs for their hairstyling implements. And bathed weekly, which by medieval standards was like taking every bath in a mix of alcohol and antibiotic sanitizers.

Honestly, Vikings seem more like Skwisgar Skwigelf than Conan.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96136 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:56 am »

I love how there is actualy at least one exerpt from worried letter by an iron age catholic priest declaring that local christian women are running away with vikings because they bathe often and care for their general appearance :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96137 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:23 am »

First they run away from scary, stupid, sexy vikings, then they run towards scary, stupid, sexy vikings

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96138 on: February 11, 2016, 08:34:49 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

I do not have a bolt pistol.

What are these shenanigans? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????
Buy a Desert Eagle and see if they sell explosive cartridges? It's probably legal if you live in freedom land. :/

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #96139 on: February 11, 2016, 08:59:40 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

Buy a Desert Eagle and see if they sell explosive cartridges? It's probably legal if you live in freedom land. :/

Explosive ammunition of any type is illegal at a Federal level without extensive paperwork and an expensive registration process, just like fully automatic weapons. Besides, you'd want to start with a Gyrojet to get a bolter, and they stopped making those.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:01:13 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #96140 on: February 11, 2016, 09:09:42 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

Explosive ammunition of any type is illegal at a Federal level without extensive paperwork and an expensive registration process, just like fully automatic weapons. Besides, you'd want to start with a Gyrojet to get a bolter, and they stopped making those.

Under what circumstance is anyone allowed to have explosive ammunition?  (genuinely curious)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96141 on: February 11, 2016, 10:03:39 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

Gyrojets are/were prob too underpowered to be a proper bolter analogies. They are essentially bolters in every other aspect though, and were marketed as being "the weapons of the future" since they could be shot in a vacuum and generated very little recoil. Unfortunely there hasn't been any space wars yet :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #96142 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:42 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

Under what circumstance is anyone allowed to have explosive ammunition?  (genuinely curious)

If anyone was making any, each individual round would be classified as a separate Destructive Device under the National Firearms Act. If the state you live in has not banned all DDs, the transaction requires (for every individual round, mind you)

the transferor of the firearm has filed with the Secretary a written application, in duplicate, for the transfer and registration of the firearm to the transferee on the application form prescribed by the Secretary; (2) any tax payable on the transfer is paid as evidenced by the proper stamp affixed to the original application form; (3) the transferee is identified in the application form in such manner as the Secretary may by regulations prescribe, except that, if such person is an individual, the identification must include his fingerprints and his photograph; (4) the transferor of the firearm is identified in the application form in such manner as the Secretary may by regulations prescribe; (5) the firearm is identified in the application form in such manner as the Secretary may by regulations prescribe; and (6) the application form shows that the Secretary has approved the transfer and the registration of the firearm to the transferee. Applications shall be denied if the transfer, receipt, or possession of the firearm would place the transferee in violation of law.

(NOTE: the word "firearm" in this section of the law refers specifically to machine guns and destructive devices, not to all guns.)

There is a $200 tax on the manufacture of each round, and another $200 tax on the transfer of each round, along with a $500/$1000 (depending on company size) manufacturer tax and a $500 dealer tax.

As far as I'm aware, all of this operates under a "may authorize" not "shall authorize" basis. I could be wrong about that, never tried to buy a machine gun or DD.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96143 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:06 am »

I want a bolt pistol.

When they have a squeaky clean background and can somehow find it, pay for it, and then are willing to give the BATFE 200 dollars on top of everything else. That's really it, from what I understand. The hard part being 'find it', since not many companies would make it due to there being a less than stellar market for it.

I'm now gonna back off very slowly, since this is straying far too close to political discussion for my comfort.

Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96144 on: February 11, 2016, 11:49:41 am »

Neither, unfortunately, though I did see a couple of the ponies elsewhere. They were... pretty darn small. Easily short enough for someone to standing-jump over one.

I enjoy reminding people who get too raa viking much warrior so barbarian that this is what the iron age norse rode on.
That, and they wore fanny packs for their hairstyling implements. And bathed weekly, which by medieval standards was like taking every bath in a mix of alcohol and antibiotic sanitizers.

Oh, and their favoured breed of dog? Basically large corgis. Then again who wouldn't melt at the sight of this:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:57:37 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96145 on: February 11, 2016, 11:54:56 am »

I think we're talking about entirely different kinds of kebabs, here.
Still! Those photos are pretty cool! I remember all the dodgy street vendors in Indonesia, that was always fun. I'd challenge myself to eat from the sketchiest places and see if I got sick... I never really did. My immune system was pretty dang good back then.
Nah, most studies of "sketchy street vendors" show that they're pretty safe, on average. Makes sense, too. Wouldn't want to get a reputation of getting people sick, eh? Sure they'll cut corners, and you probably don't want to know what the meat IS, but you're not gonna get E. Coli or Salmonella... Probably. Like 95+% sure you wont
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96146 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:47 am »

Did you go to the Shetland Isles? How big are the ponies?

Did you go to Orkney too? Are there really Orks there?

Honestly, Vikings seem more like Skwisgar Skwigelf than Conan.
Vikings were the metrosexuals of the early medieval period.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96147 on: February 11, 2016, 12:01:48 pm »

Oh, and their favoured breed of dog? Basically large corgis.

You accidentally the link.

Shelties are cute though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scottish dogs are mostly collies and terriers, from what I understand.

And on the opposite side of the spectrum of horses in Scotland is the Clydesdale. Once among the smallest breeds of draft horses, they are now among the largest.

I also saw some cows at a Highland games once. Was very furry.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96148 on: February 11, 2016, 12:20:07 pm »

That is a gorgeous dog!
I want to pet it :V

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96149 on: February 11, 2016, 12:26:57 pm »

Damn it I missed a bunch of argument some 15-200 pages ago.
I love argument!

Quoted some posts, made some rebuttals, got fired up at people (who haven't actually posted since said argument :S) and then realized that that ship has long since left harbor, myself left standing with proverbial d**k in hand.

So hey here's a quote from me a year ago.

The way to raise your mood is on the backs of others! Wake early! Make a large cup of coffee! Emotionally destroy someone you love!

The whole day just fits together from there on out.

Edit: There was text here which was meant to be nice, but it basically only ended up talking about how good old I am.
So it's gone now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:58:51 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6408 6409 [6410] 6411 6412 ... 11040