Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443281 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96105 on: February 10, 2016, 10:19:44 pm »

just caue my brother manage that post because i was away for a minute or two .-.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96106 on: February 10, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »

I wish I could use that excuse for all the dumb shit I've posted before now :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96107 on: February 10, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

Did you go to the Shetland Isles? How big are the ponies?

Did you go to Orkney too? Are there really Orks there?
Neither, unfortunately, though I did see a couple of the ponies elsewhere. They were... pretty darn small. Easily short enough for someone to standing-jump over one.

Did go to Skye, though. If I could afford to and pass immigration, I'd move there and spend the rest of my days sketching and writing. Literally indescribable, and almost impossible to get photographs that capture even a fraction of it--I'll post a few of the better ones over in the photoshare thread if anyone's interested. Also got the best NY-style pizza I've had in my life at a place in Stirling. Was glad I was informed enough to go to Loch Lomond, because Ness is depressingly tourist-trappy and much less impressive. Saw a strangely large number of German biker groups.

But yeah, Scotland was damned amazing in just about every way. Beats the hell out of Istanbul--that's where I was originally going to study abroad up until the program was cancelled for security concerns, and I found out about the Scotland program because it was one of three left (and I'd not known it was running that year). Still ended up eating kebab though.  :P

It was fucking Dalkeith wasn't it?

Also,I don't know what doc means, so feel free not to answer.
Yeah, you got it. We were the shitheads staying in the old mansion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #96108 on: February 10, 2016, 10:26:03 pm »

I wish I could use that excuse for all the dumb shit I've posted before now :P
wouldvu like o sig that dumb commnt so you dont feel as bad?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96109 on: February 10, 2016, 10:28:14 pm »

Hm, small world. I grew up in a town nearby, went to (high) school in Dalkeith.

I agree with the bus thing, though. The buses are feckin' great.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96110 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:52 pm »

It's honestly almost bizarre to see public transit that functions that well as an American. The electronic line-timer signs are remarkable, I didn't have to pull out a paper pamphlet-schedule and check times on a grid once (never mind getting screwed because the driver was five minutes early or fifteen late).

3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96111 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:31 pm »

Pffft....Chinese chuanr is best kebab. Especially when they're a mao a piece (read: 1/10th of a yuan, or about 1.5 CENTS)
Plonk down a single yuan note, and you're walking away with a fistful of meat on spikes.

You posh Brits with your kebab "shops". Chinese don't need no stinkin' shops, they're grilling these fuckers on the sidewalk.

I wish I had a photo of my favorite chuanr vendor in Sanlitun (one of the bar districts in Beijing, big with ex-pats). Dude was so ghetto, he didn't have a real grill -- just a small steel I-beam turned on its side and standing on two rusted steel drums, with some charcoal shoveled into the trough and some highly suspect meat bits on sticks above it. I didn't look too closely to see if they had tails or were still twitching.

But when it's 2am, and you are drunk off your ass on the world's cheapest rice vodka (which in some cases had a dead animal preserved in it), those things are cumin-rubbed chunks of heaven.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:44:52 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96112 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:02 pm »

I think we're talking about entirely different kinds of kebabs, here.
Still! Those photos are pretty cool! I remember all the dodgy street vendors in Indonesia, that was always fun. I'd challenge myself to eat from the sketchiest places and see if I got sick... I never really did. My immune system was pretty dang good back then.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96113 on: February 10, 2016, 10:48:04 pm »

It's honestly almost bizarre to see public transit that functions that well as an American. The electronic line-timer signs are remarkable, I didn't have to pull out a paper pamphlet-schedule and check times on a grid once (never mind getting screwed because the driver was five minutes early or fifteen late).

If you used it enough you probably would've got the joy of waiting for a bit at a bus stop if the driver was ahead of schedule. There were probably disincentives for being too quick, so the drivers got their jollies in other ways, like driving away as a latecomer ran up to the doors just as they were closing.

PPE: RedKing: posh? Kebabs in a takeaway are basically a sweaty slab of "meat" rotating so all of it can be warmed by a heated piece of metal. If you're coming in at the end of a night, the slab has probably been there for about 10 hours! Probably. I only ever spent intermittent 10 minute periods in takeaways... Some of that was not necessarily sober.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96114 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:37 pm »

TBH I'd buy from the first guy sober.

The closest to street meat we get around here is fare at the state fair. :|

Oh! I also loved baked potato shops. Fuckin' genius, that.

3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96115 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »

I never really got sick either. I mean, I was shitting constantly the first week or so, but so was everyone else I was with. I went "full native" as far as diet goes, and was fine after the first week. The ones who continued going to Pizza Hut and KFC and McDonald's for their food were the ones who stayed sick the whole summer.

And that's even with me eating street food and at restaurants in little back alleys and a hotpot place that had a biohazard sticker on the downstairs entrance door (no joke). I'm pretty sure there was tripe and beef penis in at least one of the dishes we had.

hector13: Ahh ok, you're talking doner kebabs. Or gyros, as we'd call it here. Yeah, I love those too, though most of the places around here that have them are pretty clean. There was a Lebanese place in Raleigh that I was in for lunch ALL the time.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96116 on: February 10, 2016, 10:57:49 pm »

Now that's something that definitely is not even in the sketchier parts of Taiwan. Some of the food shops there took "hole in the wall" somewhat literally, but they were all basically actual businesses as opposed to "a man, his tongs, and 'meat'".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96117 on: February 10, 2016, 10:58:35 pm »

hector13: Ahh ok, you're talking doner kebabs. Or gyros, as we'd call it here.
Make that claim around here and you'll briefly accomplish what is usuallly thought to be impossible: Perfect harmony between Turks and Greeks, because they're united in their goal of whipping your ass.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96118 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:16 pm »

hector13: Ahh ok, you're talking doner kebabs. Or gyros, as we'd call it here.
Make that claim around here and you'll briefly accomplish what is usuallly thought to be impossible: Perfect harmony between Turks and Greeks, because they're united in their goal of whipping your ass.

Why? :o

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96119 on: February 10, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »

From this side of the world, Turks and Greeks look pretty much alike. Culinarily, at least.
Kebabs, rice, pita, done.

Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 11040