Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6393 6394 [6395] 6396 6397 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436441 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95910 on: February 08, 2016, 04:02:57 pm »

Those weren't pro-choicers, though. They were pro-abortionists.
Pro-choicers are pro-abortionists. Pro-choice just sounds less 'abortion is compulsory'

It was joke. Though there probably are some misanthropes or eugenicists who would be all over it.
Or VHEMT. It's a nice way to go all the way back to WTF. VHEMT is a thing, somehow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95911 on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:23 pm »

Miscarriages/abortions are one thing, making analogies around killing babies with a blunt object is another. Please take the hint.
I did and not doing that anymore... and even when i did it was a a pretty obvious stretch (even tho apparently Dr. Francesca Minerva took that idea more seriously and made an academic study about potential "after birth abortion" and why it should be morally acceptable.).

Sure it was a slippery slope and i might have took it a bit far... BUT If you need to abort a fetus then you already either did something wrong (3 day pills) or something extraordinary happened (mentioned in my previous post).

Seriously in this day and age there are just so many ways to prevent pregnancy in the first place that i don't feel that we should dehumanize fetuses even further and be outraged because a fetus in an ad was acting too human.
But that being said women should be allowed the choice.
We live in the 21'st century after all and i don't have any right to tell any woman (even my theoretical wife i don't have nor plan to have) what she can or cannot do with her body (it would be nice if my wife discussed that with me beforehand tho).

But that does not make abortion any less disgusting to me.

Why do you care what folks do with their own body, broh?
Why do you feel the need to further stigmatize something that's already pretty thoroughly (and unjustly!) looked down upon by society?

I mean, like, there's a reason it's pro-choice and not pro-abortion. Gotta give people the option to do this stuff if they choose. You want less abortions, go after the societal causes instead.

I don't. I jsut like taking part in WTF thread discussions as of late.
Because i find it morally iffy and there are effective ways to prevent it from happening in the first place? (condoms, after pills, before pills and loads more.)

As far as i'm concerned both pro life and pro choicers have screwy ideals.
But it's hard to take part in an abortion conversation without being seen as supporting one or the other... i'm a rabid pro lifer now i guess?

Aaaand i'm done.
FakeEDIT: I wrote this post too long to delete it now... and dear god yes change the subject.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #95912 on: February 08, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »

Best alternate history ever.
I guess I'll just post this here too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95913 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:06 pm »

Best alternate history ever.
I guess I'll just post this here too.
Now i wonder what are the penalties for being a Horse in CK2. I can't find the "horse" trait on the wiki but from what i can tell the penalties and not big enough if all this could happen.
Self promotion below.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95914 on: February 08, 2016, 05:12:39 pm »

Those weren't pro-choicers, though. They were pro-abortionists.
Pro-choicers are pro-abortionists. Pro-choice just sounds less 'abortion is compulsory'

It was joke. Though there probably are some misanthropes or eugenicists who would be all over it.
Or VHEMT. It's a nice way to go all the way back to WTF. VHEMT is a thing, somehow.

Not to total extinction like these guys are saying, but I'm fairly certain I've seen the sentiment expressed around here. These guys are about as crazy as I've seen though.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95915 on: February 08, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »

A renowned philosopher's views on the subject.

In other birth-related news, replying to birthday messages is hard work.
Just... having to think up some unique response to 20~ messages, most of which are just some variation on 'Happy Birthday'.
I think I need some breakfast before tackling this mammoth task.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95916 on: February 08, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

Why make them unique? It's not like people are comparing notes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95917 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:54 pm »

I'm not sure if this is caused by my social anxiety or my OCD or a mixture of both.
Or maybe both issues stem (pun not intended) from the same chemical imbalance in my brain-meats? That's an interesting thought.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95918 on: February 08, 2016, 06:25:28 pm »

ugh why is so much stuff regarding loyalties etc. in DF's structures not in the soul

blazing glory

« Reply #95919 on: February 08, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »

TV tropes changed their website again and it looks terrible, I really need to find some other website to idly waste my time on.

On a different note, I have lately been perplexed by my apparent ability to soak in any story and not feel any different in the slightest, I went through a normal and then Genocide run on Undertale and didn't feel jack except for some frustration with the bosses, I've watched various Anime "sad" scenes and didn't feel jack, and although I don't watch a wide variety of TV series's and such because I find them tedious, I again, didn't feel jack for any of them.

So whenever I see someone talking about "Muh feels", I have no clue what you are on about.

Also why do my posts always have a big gap between the text and the 'signature line' compared to everyone else's?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95920 on: February 08, 2016, 07:24:24 pm »

TV tropes changed their website again and it looks terrible, I really need to find some other website to idly waste my time on.

On a different note, I have lately been perplexed by my apparent ability to soak in any story and not feel any different in the slightest, I went through a normal and then Genocide run on Undertale and didn't feel jack except for some frustration with the bosses, I've watched various Anime "sad" scenes and didn't feel jack, and although I don't watch a wide variety of TV series's and such because I find them tedious, I again, didn't feel jack for any of them.

So whenever I see someone talking about "Muh feels", I have no clue what you are on about.

Also why do my posts always have a big gap between the text and the 'signature line' compared to everyone else's?

Chances are that you always were a psychopath... or you just don't give a damn about made up stories.
Self promotion below.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95921 on: February 08, 2016, 07:33:54 pm »

TV tropes changed their website again and it looks terrible,

Why would they do that? Now the search bar is on the right side of the screen instead of the left.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95922 on: February 08, 2016, 07:35:35 pm »

Acquire Steins;Gate visual novel and see how you do?  :P

I'm not going to spoil it for you, but eventually they had me basically crying on command, whenever a particular piece of music started, and there was nothing I could do about it. It was amazing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95923 on: February 08, 2016, 07:36:47 pm »

This game

It's so cringe inducing, so painful to watch that I can't help but wonder who, or what maybe, made it. Hell, if it was a person, I don't think they survived the process, it's just too much cringe.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95924 on: February 08, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

TV tropes changed their website again and it looks terrible,

Why would they do that? Now the search bar is on the right side of the screen instead of the left.

TVT was already shit. They're just working to make the appearance match.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6393 6394 [6395] 6396 6397 ... 11040