Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6387 6388 [6389] 6390 6391 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437014 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95820 on: February 08, 2016, 03:41:19 am »

What's noobish about sharing your real name? I think that's some hardcore high-level endgame kinda stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95821 on: February 08, 2016, 03:43:42 am »

Moments I wish the RAGE thread hadn't been locked: When your instructor insisted an application was available on the school website, and even gave you directions, but ITS NOT THERE. So you have to go find it on your own.

I would also like to know how they managed to fuck up their formatting so much that it simply isn't possible to load the file without losing parts of it if you go use openoffice instead of microsoft office. Seriously, openoffice is way less of a pain in the ass. But somehow they managed to invent a formatting scheme that doesn't work in openoffice, and it gets all garbled, lines overlapping or apparently just missing (I have a printed copy of what it's supposed to look like). The instructor chewed me out and whined about how she wouldn't accept my paper because not every single detail of the original formatting survived when I tried to mimic it.
This is the most infuriatingly bitchy instructor I've had since that liberal radio talk show host psych instructor who literally lectured in monotone between bitching about conservatives.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95822 on: February 08, 2016, 03:45:17 am »

*shrug* somehow I see a difference between accidental death and actively targetted malicious violence/lynching

But I'm going to sleep :V I only brought it up because it made me wtf and it seemed a different enough of a topic ("what trans people are" versus "who would use which terms to talk about trans people")

Anywho goodnight you dorks
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95823 on: February 08, 2016, 03:59:22 am »

To me it just seems melodramatic.

Moments I wish the RAGE thread hadn't been locked
The rage thread's been gone for over a year, you need to let it go
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95824 on: February 08, 2016, 04:01:16 am »

Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95825 on: February 08, 2016, 04:02:58 am »

Ugh whenever I bleed quite a bit I always feel drained... even if I know I am ok

It just shakes me mentally to see like... a bunch of blood.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95826 on: February 08, 2016, 04:04:38 am »

I mean if you're bleeding then you're literally being drained so I don't think it's that unreasonable
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95827 on: February 08, 2016, 04:09:55 am »

Moments I wish the RAGE thread hadn't been locked
The rage thread's been gone for over a year, you need to let it go

waaa???

that long??

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95828 on: February 08, 2016, 04:28:04 am »

This is in microsoft office, now. I literally did nothing but copy-paste the document between my source file and a new blank document. This happens when I try to enter text after the first list entry, where I'm supposed to enter my text. Still haven't figured out how to get it to stop doing that. There was also a surprise page break that snuck in there somehow and had to be dealt with.

They somehow managed to do this with every single list grouping in the document. The entire document is in the format of a series of lists.
Whoever did this should have their hands cut off and be banned from using a computer interface for the remainder of their life.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:40:13 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95829 on: February 08, 2016, 04:45:32 am »

This is in microsoft office, now. I literally did nothing but copy-paste the document between my source file and a new blank document. This happens when I try to enter text after the first list entry, where I'm supposed to enter my text. Still haven't figured out how to get it to stop doing that. There was also a surprise page break that snuck in there somehow and had to be dealt with.
That seems like-...
Isn't there a ruler-button which shows several areas the text can be contained in?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe there's a setting within the Font Style that's causing all that? o_O
Maybe copy and paste not directly into MS word (or at least ctrl + alt + v for Unformatted text).

The quality of Bay 12 has been the same since I've been here on average, but I have noticed influxes of negative users such as most of the people who joined in 2012, March or July of 2014, or any Sunday last year. Luckily they have been balanced out overall.
*checks account creation date*

Oh thank God, doesn't include me. We can still be friends! (maybe)

But I'll be 100% honest: There's not a huge number of people I remember the personality of on these forums. Tiruin, who's eternally happy,[...]
Really? :) :P I'm not eternally happy (on the other hand, I'm depressed near-daily! \o/)--I just don't post my sads or any other stuffs here because I can personally deal with them (and if I can't, I talk to friends who are able to give me insight into the situation). In the least, the Mildly Sad thread Cinder made is as far as I'll go if posting other stuffs.

There's predominantly more positive people here than negative ones--it's how vocal it gets that grabs attention. ._.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95830 on: February 08, 2016, 04:50:03 am »

There's predominantly more positive people here than negative ones--it's how vocal it gets that grabs attention. ._.
I'd imagine it's also because everyone's more likely to post sad stuff than happy stuff. Since when people feel sad, they tend to like to get it off their chest since it helps them feel a bit better, while happy people don't really need to unless they're in a celebratory mood.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95831 on: February 08, 2016, 04:51:23 am »

They somehow managed to do this with every single list grouping in the document. The entire document is in the format of a series of lists.
Whoever did this should have their hands cut off and be banned from using a computer interface for the remainder of their life.
When you paste text into Word(the latest one at least), you get a small popup at the bottom right of the pasted text that lets you change what to do with text formatting - you can choose between adapting the text to current document, preserving the original formatting, or just pasting in plain text.
The latter option might be the best thing to do. Then you may format the whole thing manually, or just paste in other, not-iffy parts piecemeal while preserving their formatting.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95832 on: February 08, 2016, 05:07:33 am »

Dude at the liquor store was acting really weird. Scrutinised my ID and hesitated before scanning my purchase.
For a moment there I thought he actually wasn't gonna sell to me. Scary stuff.

Though honestly I'm probably acting pretty weird myself right now. I can't really blame him.

Edit: Probably didn't help that I'm wearing my leather jacket and look like some sort of ghoul with the circles under my eyes. >.>
Oh well, at least I have beer now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:09:27 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95833 on: February 08, 2016, 05:08:25 am »

My Firefox lost all its browsing history, for the 3rd time in last month, wtf!

Why? How?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95834 on: February 08, 2016, 05:10:40 am »

My Firefox lost all its browsing history, for the 3rd time in last month, wtf!

Why? How?
Do you have a housemate?
Pages: 1 ... 6387 6388 [6389] 6390 6391 ... 11040