Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 [6386] 6387 6388 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440111 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95775 on: February 07, 2016, 09:48:08 pm »

The reason it's trolling is because he wouldn't shut up about it. I mean, I could believe that all asian should be put to death, but that doesn't mean I'm not trolling if I shill my opinion at the slightest provocation.
What I don't understand is should or shouldn't he offer his opinion on the relevant topic? Does he need to think and have previous experience validating that he can convince someone?

The thing is that, on a pragmatic level, gender should either be abolished
This is almost like you channeled Bohandas as this seemed to be his mindstate. And as pronouns didn't reflect the non-existent gender dynamic (as he spoke from ideal as people talking about religion with him will corroborate) they either be abolished or reflect something else. Like physical sex. Elsewise it is pointless to keep them at all. And thus he tried to use pronouns that reflected physical sex.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95776 on: February 07, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »

The thing is that, on a pragmatic level, gender should either be abolished or accommodated to the individual's preference. If anyone can explain to me why it's bad to use someone's preferred pronouns outside of bureacracy, please, please, exp,ain it to me, because I can't really find anything that makes sense. I have been reading articles. I have joined anti-LGBT communities, I have talked to (claimed) KKK members and Neo-Nazis. And I just don't understand.

Now now Cinder, I get why bohandas was banned, but you're making a poor argument here. The whole "omg gender should be abolished" is an idea thats held dearly by far left leaning feminists/LGBT people and makes as much sense as everything else groups like Deep Green Resistance like to blabber about. Gender does, in fact, exist in nature and is a phenomena observed in pretty much every advanced species. Sure, we have attached social mechanisms to it, but it is very much NOT a socially constructed thing, at least not in its entirety, and its quite a relevant thing for the majority of the world's population. Its not something you can just "abolish" because it'll make some groups feel slightly better and pretend it'll magically solve all the related problems.

Using someoen's preferred pronouns isn't exactly ~abolishing gender~ though, so I'm ok with it, even though it more often then not does absolutely nothing to change my perceived idea of said person's gender. But ye, be less salty jeez :v

Regardless, I'm tired and this discussion has caused enough problems already. I'm sorry :v

FAKEEDIT: SEMPER FIDELIS, INFINITE NINJAS
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95777 on: February 07, 2016, 09:50:15 pm »

Well that's silly. Transperson makes sense. Much easier to understand than trans<man or woman>, 'cause the you don' have to ask yourself "does that mean they're now a man or they were a man..?"

PPE: I'm not reading all that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95778 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:41 pm »

Ninjas for the ninja god

Spam for the spam throne
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95779 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:53 pm »

Bohandas was a part of the community here, and as such it's sad to see him go. But at the same time, boundaries are necessary, and those boundaries do need to be enforced in order to preserve the forum that we all know and love.
It is just that from what I can see of those stated boundaries (forum guidelines) he didn't really overstep them in the stated manner. Part of enforcing boundaries is enforcing them consistently.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95780 on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:47 pm »

Bohandas was a part of the community here, and as such it's sad to see him go. But at the same time, boundaries are necessary, and those boundaries do need to be enforced in order to preserve the forum that we all know and love.
It is just that from what I can see of those stated boundaries (forum guidelines) he didn't really overstep them in the stated manner. Part of enforcing boundaries is enforcing them consistently.

Any discussion is fine, as long as you don't bicker.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95782 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »

WTF, yo! Gravity is actually a super weak force in comparison with many others! Let's talk about that instead!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95783 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »

I forget, are we allowed to make gender politics threads still?

E: I joined in September 2012 IIRC, I suppose that makes me a negative user. RIP
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95784 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »

There's one that was active like last week, so I would assume so.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95785 on: February 07, 2016, 09:56:17 pm »

I forget, are we allowed to make gender politics threads still?

There was a thread about gender quotas not too long ago. Dono if it's still kicking about.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95786 on: February 07, 2016, 09:56:56 pm »

WTF, yo! Gravity is actually a super weak force in comparison with many others! Let's talk about that instead!
Yeah, but it's the last one standing at larger scales (since the two nuclears have short ranges and electromagnetism tends to effectively cancel itself out), so it sort of balances out.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95787 on: February 07, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »

Ah, but at sufficient scale, other forces are considerably more powerful. This scenario, for example, could conceivably overwhelm even the gravity of a singularity.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #95788 on: February 07, 2016, 10:00:49 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95789 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:15 pm »

Ah, but at sufficient scale, other forces are considerably more powerful. This scenario, for example, could conceivably overwhelm even the gravity of a singularity.
Well yes, but that's really unlikely seeing as something with an electrical charge repels that charge and attracts charge that neutralizes it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 [6386] 6387 6388 ... 11040