Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6383 6384 [6385] 6386 6387 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441496 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95760 on: February 07, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »

The thing is that, on a pragmatic level, gender should either be abolished or accommodated to the individual's preference. If anyone can explain to me why it's bad to use someone's preferred pronouns outside of bureacracy, please, please, exp,ain it to me, because I can't really find anything that makes sense. I have been reading articles. I have joined anti-LGBT communities, I have talked to (claimed) KKK members and Neo-Nazis. And I just don't understand.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95761 on: February 07, 2016, 09:33:37 pm »

My opinion on LGBT-stuff is that it's simply not my concern, but if it takes my vote to get the law on the side of not caring, I'll give the vote. Aside from pedophilia and such unpleasantness, sexual preference and gender psychology is not the concern of really anyone other than people you're in relationships with, or who have to deal with medical matters.

The quality of Bay 12 has been the same since I've been here on average, but I have noticed influxes of negative users such as most of the people who joined in 2012, March or July of 2014, or any Sunday last year. Luckily they have been balanced out overall.

I do feel like the unpleasant-people-quotient has been rising of late.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95762 on: February 07, 2016, 09:34:29 pm »

If anyone's actually serious about leaving and not just posturing for attention/points/emotional gratification/whatever, they'd just do it instead of making it a thing.
I'm still on the fence and that other crap is stuff I am mildly disgusted that I'd have physical motivation to do(it is vaguely possible which is part of the disgust).

This is not 4chan. If he wanted to kingle with the other ignorant idiots, he should be there.

Look, I'm going to shut up now and go back to pretending I don't intensely dislike all of you.
I actually somewhat like you and I would prefer you not indulge in being a raging asshole. You can be better than that but the underlined is your vice showing.

Like I said, it wasn't the first time he had this exact conversation, and by exact I mean he says the exact same things every single time and every time it lead to the same sort of flaming etc, and yet he never let up on it. This was I think the third time I've seen the exact same thing play out. It's not really a healthy forum atmosphere.
He says the exact same things each time because he means them. As far as I have seen he is hella consistent. Impractical but very consistent. That being trolling/flaming is like cursing sand for not being stable foundation. "Won't speak from current situations but his own ideals causing clusterfucks." would be more apt a ban reason than the stated IMO.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95763 on: February 07, 2016, 09:37:50 pm »

The reason it's trolling is because he wouldn't shut up about it. I mean, I could believe that all asian should be put to death, but that doesn't mean I'm not trolling if I shill my opinion at the slightest provocation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95764 on: February 07, 2016, 09:38:11 pm »

Look, I'm going to shut up now and go back to pretending I don't intensely dislike all of you.

No one's forcing you to be here, mate... Yes, yes, you're an angry guy on the internet (or girl, or whatever you want to be), look at how angry you are, calling us douchebags and uneducated shitbags or whatever. Look at how impressed we are.

But seriously, get over yourself.

Like I said, it wasn't the first time he had this exact conversation, and by exact I mean he says the exact same things every single time and every time it lead to the same sort of flaming etc, and yet he never let up on it. This was I think the third time I've seen the exact same thing play out. It's not really a healthy forum atmosphere.
He says the exact same things each time because he means them. As far as I have seen he is hella consistent. Impractical but very consistent. That being trolling/flaming is like cursing sand for not being stable foundation. "Won't speak from current situations but his own ideals causing clusterfucks." would be more apt a ban reason than the stated IMO.

For what it's worth I doubt he was trolling or flaming. He held very unpopular views, to be true, but I noticed he seemed very consistent. As you say, it was just his views were not seen as acceptable in bay12. I didn't agree with him, but he helped stop things becoming too much of an echo chamber.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:41:53 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95765 on: February 07, 2016, 09:41:05 pm »

I feel like this is reaching dangerous levels of flame-versimillitude.

We don't need more bans, people. Chill.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95766 on: February 07, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

I don't have a problem with Toady banning people if he thinks they've overstepped bounds. He's done a fine job of maintaining Bay12's actually-a-nice-place status so far, and I don't think that's on any sort of downward trend.

Bohandas was a part of the community here, and as such it's sad to see him go. But at the same time, boundaries are necessary, and those boundaries do need to be enforced in order to preserve the forum that we all know and love.

Fakeedit: Okay, there's been like a billion new replies but whatever
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95767 on: February 07, 2016, 09:43:16 pm »

trans*
Okay, I've got to ask, what's the asterisk for?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95768 on: February 07, 2016, 09:43:32 pm »

I don't have a problem with Toady banning people if he thinks they've overstepped bounds. He's done a fine job of maintaining Bay12's actually-a-nice-place status so far, and I don't think that's on any sort of downward trend.

Bohandas was a part of the community here, and as such it's sad to see him go. But at the same time, boundaries are necessary, and those boundaries do need to be enforced in order to preserve the forum that we all know and love.

Fakeedit: Okay, there's been like a billion new replies but whatever

I agree with this. :I
Muh FG--OOC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95769 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »

It's basically a shorter way to write "transgender/transsexual".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95770 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »

But seriously, get over yourself.
How about I agree to be more chill if you stop basing my entire personality on your first impressions of me on #feftalk? It's getting quite annoying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95771 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:35 pm »

trans*
Easier than typing transperson, apparently
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95772 on: February 07, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »

trans*
Easier than typing transperson, apparently
Transperson person?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95773 on: February 07, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »

Ah okay, thanks. I thought it may have been some sort of regex reference to [^\s]* or something.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:49:27 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95774 on: February 07, 2016, 09:47:36 pm »

It's a little more focused on being technically correct. Transperson is about as much a word as gayperson.
Pages: 1 ... 6383 6384 [6385] 6386 6387 ... 11040