Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6382 6383 [6384] 6385 6386 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441485 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95745 on: February 07, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »

The joys of free speech, though. You can be an absolute asshole and people can be fine with it.

Revel in Bohandas' demise though, since free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences of speech.

I didn't have much contact with Bohondas, so yeah. I don't like taking other people's opinions on different other people since, well, people are all different.

PPE: never mind...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95746 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »

The joys of free speech, though. You can be an absolute asshole and people can be fine with it.

Revel in Bohandas' demise though, since free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences of speech.

I didn't have much contact with Bohondas, so yeah. I don't like taking other people's opinions on different other people since, well, people are all different.

This is not 4chan. If he wanted to kingle with the other ignorant idiots, he should be there.

Look, I'm going to shut up now and go back to pretending I don't intensely dislike all of you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95747 on: February 07, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »

Seems a bit silly to jump to conclusions, dude. Repeated (obviously) means more than once, so I think it was more than just that stuff.

Toady seems to be quite reasonable afaik, so he's not going to ban someone on one incident, unless that incident is a fuckin' doozy.

I think it's the other way round. He was offering his (albeit unpopular) opinion with the trans stuff, while the... Hentai imprint stuff was against forum guidelines.
The ban reason implies it was mostly if not entirely the trans* stuff.
"Repeated trolling, flaming, bigotry etc."

Yeah... as this seems more likely I am thinking about logging out permanently. His responses to that discussion being categorized as trolling, flaming(WTF even), and/or bigotry rub me the wrong way.
Was gonna put this in sad thread but whatever. I'll know my decision in 15hrs max. Will have parting post if so, doubt much care though. Acceptable.

Like I said, it wasn't the first time he had this exact conversation, and by exact I mean he says the exact same things every single time and every time it lead to the same sort of flaming etc, and yet he never let up on it. This was I think the third time I've seen the exact same thing play out. It's not really a healthy forum atmosphere.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95748 on: February 07, 2016, 09:17:50 pm »

This is not 4chan. If he wanted to kingle with the other ignorant idiots, he should be there.

Look, I'm going to shut up now and go back to pretending I don't intensely dislike all of you.

nooooooooooooooo
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95749 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:24 pm »

You know, I think I might leave Bay12 as well for e opposite reason, if people are such douchebags that banning a gigantic asshole is seen as a bad thing.

Go the fuck back to Texas.
Hey he might have been an asshole but he was "our" asshole.
B12 is like a big loving dysfunctional family from the boonies and the grumpy grandpa who hates trannies but for some reason talk about hentai just "died".
It's kinda hard to say "good riddance" to anyone here unless he was a spambot or someone you'd want to shoot IRL.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95750 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:43 pm »

If you'll excuse me, this is 'tinternet. The assholes are everywhere.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95751 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:26 pm »

Which is what Toady's for, in fairness. This is one of the less asshole-dense interweb places, AFAIK.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95752 on: February 07, 2016, 09:21:02 pm »

You know, I think I might leave Bay12 as well for e opposite reason, if people are such douchebags that banning a gigantic asshole is seen as a bad thing.

B12 is like a big loving dysfunctional family from the boonies and the grumpy grandpa who hates trannies but for some reason talk about hentai just "died".
It's kinda hard to say "good riddance" to anyone here unless he was a spambot or someone you'd want to shoot IRL.
The only reason I don't want to shoot him is because I haven't got the specifications for the intercontinental catapult sorted out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95753 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:16 pm »

The only reason I don't want to shoot him is because I haven't got the specifications for the intercontinental catapult sorted out.
I have a couple of mad scientists on call if that's something you want to work on.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95754 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »

I'll be perfectly honest: the overall quality of B12 forums content and userbase has not changed measurably in the time I've been here, except for a slow bleed-off of old-timers who were genuinely thoughtful and interesting people. The perpetual cycle of someone pushing too far and being banned every few weeks has been regular for years.

I suppose it's also time for me to stop being an arse and be a reasonable mediator instead for about two lines again: You might disagree with someone. They might hold a view that's utterly anathema to your own perspective. That doesn't mean that they're a douchebag or an uneducated shithead (those would come, respectively, from: their expression of that view, their objective support for it, and their expression of it), but rather that they aren't you and don't mindlessly agree when other people tell them what they should think believe. I'm making no statement about whether a given person occupies the moral high ground, whether their opinion is fair or well-supported, &c. Just that it's intellectually dangerous to start genuinely condemning other people as shitlords who deserve to be censored because they disagree with you, rather than because their mode of address is atrocious and personally insulting (for example).

In fact, I might go so far as to call it problemati-*is shot*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95755 on: February 07, 2016, 09:24:35 pm »

You should be called Lying Dice based on that.

Way more than two lines of sense, bro.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95756 on: February 07, 2016, 09:24:46 pm »

I have a couple of mad scientists on call if that's something you want to work on.
Need a robotic micro-submarine for that?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95757 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:27 pm »

Well, test launch was a success.

But I guess that the thing is that there's really little ways to discuss transwildcards without a dozen people having their amygdalas work on overdrive. It's just pretty much impossible for me, personally, to be logical about LGBTIAFSM issues without feeling like it's a moral obligation for me to kill myself.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95758 on: February 07, 2016, 09:26:33 pm »

Yea, the thing with bohandas wasn't the way he spouted his opinions or anything as fickle as that. If there's one thing about this forum, is that fucking up once will get you a warning, twice or more will get you muted, and another offense gets you a ban. It was most certainly not the first time bohandas started an argument on some matter and just not letting it go after everyone decides they can't discuss the stuff with him without generating flame wars.

Thats my take on it anyway, since I didn't witness this particular ocurrence.

But anyway, there's still no reason to declare your willingness to shoot him over something so dumb :v, I'm all for people having the freedom to freely expose their opinions on anything as long as it isn't based entirely on hatred. And this is comming from me, a person that thinks that nearly all issues steeming from today's discussions on gender only exist because people on both sides of the issue are complete dweebs.

I do find it rather surprising no bans have come from the religion thread and others, though, specially its less about discussing religions and more about "omg bible is dum" arguments :v
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:38:33 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95759 on: February 07, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »

The quality of Bay 12 has been the same since I've been here on average, but I have noticed influxes of negative users such as most of the people who joined in 2012, March or July of 2014, or any Sunday last year. Luckily they have been balanced out overall.
Pages: 1 ... 6382 6383 [6384] 6385 6386 ... 11040