Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6381 6382 [6383] 6384 6385 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441736 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95730 on: February 07, 2016, 08:42:54 pm »

You missed out the salient point of Bohandas though, so you'll be fine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95731 on: February 07, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »

Also, uh, looks like I missed yet another drama storm/ban thing, this time it was bohandas, eh?

What the hell, its like the 3rd time this has happaned since LSP, and I'm still missing all this stuff >:v!
...Probably because these things seem to tend to happen during weekends, and I'm barely here during weekends for various reasons. I wont miss bohandas either, though. I saw him go full flamebait and borderline racist more then once.

fakeedit: wait, he got banned for the drama that resulted from the "oh look just watch hentai and reprint your affections into it" thing? I guess I didn't miss all of it then, altough I did miss the resulting arguments and drama.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95732 on: February 07, 2016, 08:48:28 pm »

I imagine there was more shenanigans, but that certainly didn't help.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95733 on: February 07, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »

It was almost definitely the trans* thing, since that's a repeat offense.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95734 on: February 07, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

fakeedit: wait, he got banned for the drama that resulted from the "oh look just watch hentai and reprint your affections into it" thing? I guess I didn't miss all of it then, altough I did miss the resulting arguments and drama.
When I read through the thread (before cleanse as it was still there) there was almost no discussion of it at all. So that being his ban-rope is unlikely. The other likelihood is the trans-topic, which I find more likely.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95735 on: February 07, 2016, 08:54:49 pm »

I think it's the other way round. He was offering his (albeit unpopular) opinion with the trans stuff, while the... Hentai imprint stuff was against forum guidelines.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95736 on: February 07, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »

The ban reason implies it was mostly if not entirely the trans* stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95737 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:12 pm »

Yeah, it's just one of those things, like ME emigration, which people can't handle talking about rationally, probably because it touches on things that are too closely held to be discussed rationally for a lot of folks.
I'll admit that I've stayed far away from more than a couple threads just because from past experience I know that if I engage on any level above shitposting about lighthearted things that happen to be relevant, I'll let myself be dragged into the morass of emotionally compromised ranting. If you enjoy getting your teeth into an argument and don't like being banned, some things are just bad ideas. :|
Be more open minded, be more patient, and failing all that, shitpost

Passionate rants can also be fantastic thread starters even if they're emotionally compromised as long as no one's attacking everyone else for it

Yeah, but. Like. That's not what actually happens. What happens is that someone takes offense and goes off on a rant, other people get drawn into the argument, and then someone decides that they don't want to deal with the bed they made and sends a report instead of dropping it, arguing more effectively, or trying to stop the argument and make up/compromise. *gallic shrug*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95738 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:46 pm »

I think it's the other way round. He was offering his (albeit unpopular) opinion with the trans stuff, while the... Hentai imprint stuff was against forum guidelines.
"Repeated trolling, flaming, bigotry etc."

Yeah... as this seems more likely I am thinking about logging out permanently. His responses to that discussion being categorized as trolling, flaming(WTF even), and/or bigotry rub me the wrong way.
Was gonna put this in sad thread but whatever. I'll know my decision in 15hrs max. Will have parting post if so, doubt much care though. Acceptable.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95739 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:39 pm »

"Repeated trolling, flaming, bigotry etc."

Yeah... as this seems more likely I am thinking about logging out permanently. His responses to that discussion being categorized as trolling, flaming(WTF even), and/or bigotry rub me the wrong way.
Was gonna put this in sad thread but whatever. I'll know my decision in 15hrs max. Will have parting post if so, doubt much care though. Acceptable.
Oh noooo, Toady One isn't a conversative redneck, how terrible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95740 on: February 07, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »

Seems a bit silly to jump to conclusions, dude. Repeated (obviously) means more than once, so I think it was more than just that stuff.

Toady seems to be quite reasonable afaik, so he's not going to ban someone on one incident, unless that incident is a fuckin' doozy.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95741 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:36 pm »

Which, inappropriate as it was, that really wasn't.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95742 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:44 pm »

You know, I think I might leave Bay12 as well for e opposite reason, if people are such douchebags that banning a gigantic asshole is seen as a bad thing.

Go the fuck back to Texas.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95743 on: February 07, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »

So, hey. Could we not escalate the discussion of a ban into someone else getting banned? If anyone's actually serious about leaving and not just posturing for attention/points/emotional gratification/whatever, they'd just do it instead of making it a thing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95744 on: February 07, 2016, 09:12:25 pm »

I'm just getting incredibly sick about olders member bitching about how we're no longer uneducated shitheads.

Pages: 1 ... 6381 6382 [6383] 6384 6385 ... 11040