Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6353 6354 [6355] 6356 6357 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455462 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95310 on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:05 am »

I keep finding out about web browser features by accident. Did you know that (in Firefox anyway) if you click the little speaker icon that shows that a tab is playing sound, it mutes that tab and only that tab?
Wow, I mean... That's actually kinda handy. Huh.
Safari and Chrome have similar things IIRC, though I believe Safari's works the opposite way (where it mutes everything but that tab).

Am I the only person with sleep phobia?

It seems that I am the only person I know of who gets a lot of fear and anxiety before sleeping and suddenly either outright can't sleep, have disturbed sleep, or absolutely refuse to sleep.

The closest is a cartoon character (Gale from Bob's Burger who describes that she is afraid of dying in her sleep)
It depends; are you afraid of sleep? Or do you just get generalized fear/anxiety of other things popping up right before you sleep? Because the second one is remarkably common; for many people that time when you have the lights off and are laying down in bed is really the only time many people's brains are actually alone with their thoughts, which can lead to the feelings of your mind running in circles and, in the event you have been dealing with stressful things, quite a lot of stressful feelings. If that's the case then I suggest just giving yourself some time to just be alone with your thoughts during the rest of the day to help your brain work stuff out before you actually lay down, try to stop doing things a bit earlier before bed to give your brain some more time to wind down, and maybe some potential meditation "quieting the mind" techniques that you can run through right after you lay down to help get your brain actually ready for sleeping.

Of course if it's a generalized fear of actually sleeping then you might want to meet a psychologist or something similar. I personally don't know of anybody with that fear off the top of my head, but I do know that it certainly does exist for some people and that, just like any other phobia, it is possible to treat it with focused therapy.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95311 on: February 04, 2016, 10:56:48 am »

> sleep phobia
Maybe this is why "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and if I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take" was invented. Personally I found it creepy as hell, but hey!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:27:16 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95312 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:08 am »

* Cinder poke head in and yell yes

I think Descan is bisexual as well.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95313 on: February 04, 2016, 11:05:35 am »

Hasn't that always been the case? I mean he had a boyfriend and then a girlfriend so it's hardly a stretch.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95315 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:28 am »

Does this mean that a purely female-inclined person is someone who has specific endearment towards both fine bone structure and vagoos?
Which is still a statistically-significant chunk of that particular Venn diagram.
Just makes me wonder on the other Venn diagram of Hetero-inclined males how many would be equally attracted to bishounen or whatever the non-offensive word for masculine women is.

No idea Why I'm wondering this.
I wonder how long it'll take until Bi/Pan/Sapio/et al are the majority of the population.
I'd say it's a foregone conclusion but afaik it hasn't happened yet. Heck even on this forum the populations are heavily weighted towards cispeople.

No idea Why I'm wondering this.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:21:05 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95316 on: February 04, 2016, 11:22:44 am »

There's a venn diagram?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95317 on: February 04, 2016, 11:25:04 am »

this picture
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/04/465548279/no-comment-from-grinning-martin-shkreli-at-house-hearing-on-drug-prices
Most. Punchable. Face. Ever.

And speaking of femininity in women, what the hell is that person right behind him? Is that a *spectacularly* shovel-faced woman? Because it looks like a man in drag.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95318 on: February 04, 2016, 11:49:58 am »

"I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows. I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes. Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies - you never know just how you look through other people's eyes."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:34:37 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95319 on: February 04, 2016, 11:56:23 am »

> sleep phobia
Maybe this is why "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and if I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take" was invented. Personally I found it creepy as hell, but hey!

> love of cocks
But is it really a love of cocks? What I mean is that you said that you're gay, but are you straight for chicks with dicks?

Like actual intersexed people? Or just men who identify as women?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95320 on: February 04, 2016, 11:57:01 am »

Eh, you could say that I care more about someone's personality, personal higyene, body weight/proportions and general feminineish appearance than their actual gender and genitals, unless of course they happen to have teeth/claws down there, thats a total dealbreaker :v

Not being Stephen Fry helps, too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95321 on: February 04, 2016, 11:59:40 am »

"Do you suffer from long term memory loss?
I don't remember."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:42:46 pm by Shadowlord »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95322 on: February 04, 2016, 12:00:16 pm »

My laptop charger is inconsistent. Sometimes it works on the first time, sometimes it requires me to wiggle the cord a bit after plugging it in, sometimes it just refuses to charge the laptop at all.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95323 on: February 04, 2016, 12:04:37 pm »

Bohandas: I mean transwomen prior to genital reassignment surgery (our if they've chosen not to have that surgery).

That's still gay
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95324 on: February 04, 2016, 12:07:52 pm »

Nah
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6353 6354 [6355] 6356 6357 ... 11040