Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6347 6348 [6349] 6350 6351 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460233 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95220 on: February 03, 2016, 06:55:04 pm »

So y'all heard about the FAA's mandatory drone registration, right?

Well... They made the entire database searchable by the public: http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBp56mB?a=1&m=EN-US (Engadget article about it).

For example, you can specify a state and county and it'll spit out a list of every drone registration in that county.
This is their search page: http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/
[edit: Changed link because it's better to link there instead of to search results, I think]

According to the Engadget article the FAA was unconcerned with the privacy implications.

Quote from: That very article
Correction: This story states that the FAA's new drone registry database is searchable and exposes the private data of citizens and hobbyists. Currently, this is incorrect. The drone registry is not searchable at this time, as stated by the FAA's website -- though the agency has also said it will be searchable in the future. What is searchable is the registry for commercial plane operators, which can be easily confused with the new drone database. The results for private citizens that turned up in searches were found due to drone owners mistakenly registering their aircraft in the wrong database -- one intended for tracking commercial craft -- which left their information exposed.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95221 on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »

Related to the fandom ruining fandom discussion, I've recently come to the thought that I'm surprised I'm not, like, the BIGGEST ASSHOLE ever.

Like honestly. A lot of people who share what I consider fairly decently core aspects of my being, or which are decent descriptors of me as a person (atheism, science enthused, STEM field, humanist, gamer, geek, young white male in the American sphere of influence) are like... Raging assholes. Libertarians (of the kooky variety) and GamerGaters, MRAs and anti-feminism. Just, giant raging cocks. People I have a notable dislike of!

And I honestly don't know how I lucked out. Only thing I can think of is the homosexuality, and even that's kind of a nebulous cloud of "eh?" Besides that, there's the thought process that the places I hang out on the internet helped with that, (namely, you guys. Bay12 was fairly formative to me and my opinions. Until you all turned into assholes and Russians <3) but then the question is, why did I come to bay12 and not, like... Reddit, or 4chan, or SomethingAwful, or any other wretched hive of scum and villainy? (well, I know the answer to that last one: I'm a cheap fucker.)

That's literally all I got. You guys and my love of cock and/or butts are literally the only reasons I can think of that prevented me from becoming a STEMlord. (that is a delightful portmanteau of STEM and shitlord.)

... It's kind of a disturbing thought.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95222 on: February 03, 2016, 07:19:46 pm »

That's funny, that correction wasn't in it when I read it. Or the app didn't have an up to date version of it. But why should aircraft owners be searchable on the interweb either?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #95223 on: February 03, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »

STEM?

...cells?
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95224 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »

We love you too, Descan.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95225 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »

STEM?

...cells?
Science, math, engineering, technology, etc. Its a name for the whole general area of non-arts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95226 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:43 pm »

Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95227 on: February 03, 2016, 07:28:01 pm »

STEM?

...cells?
Science Technology Engineering Mathematics, AKA the holy grail of boring upper-middle-class white kids everywhere.

Keep in mind ~christian~ is actualy quite a huge blanket term that encompasses dozens of determinations, except in the US, because 'murica, and Russia, where everything is either orthodox or OMG HERETICS.
Errrrr, 'murica has different denominations too.
Evangelicals, LDS, Evangelicals and those other Evangelicals?
The U.S. actually has a shitload of denominations. It's just that only the crazy ones are visible. In my jumped-up midwest cowtown pretending to be a city I can think of at least fifteen different denominations of Christianity with churches in walking distance (plus a couple synagogues, maybe a mosque, a Scientology cult zone (maybe?), and the standard assortment of nondemoninational hippy places.

Now out in the sticks, it's something of a different story. The county I took my Bachelor's in had ~99 Baptist churches and 2-3 Catholic ones, for a population (including students and staff at the uni) of maybe 20-25,000.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95228 on: February 03, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »

STEM?

...cells?
Science, math, engineering, technology, etc. Its a name for the whole general area of non-arts.
You could have at least got the acronym in the right order.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Basically the stuff anyone worthwhile does.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95229 on: February 03, 2016, 07:28:47 pm »

Just, giant raging cocks. People I have a notable dislike of!
I thought that was just the internet and most people in meatspace are actually decent people
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95230 on: February 03, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »

STEM?

...cells?
You could have at least got the acronym in the right order.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

I would've if I remembered it in the right order! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95231 on: February 03, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »

Related to the fandom ruining fandom discussion, I've recently come to the thought that I'm surprised I'm not, like, the BIGGEST ASSHOLE ever.

Like honestly. A lot of people who share what I consider fairly decently core aspects of my being, or which are decent descriptors of me as a person (atheism, science enthused, STEM field, humanist, gamer, geek, young white male in the American sphere of influence) are like... Raging assholes. Libertarians (of the kooky variety) and GamerGaters, MRAs and anti-feminism. Just, giant raging cocks. People I have a notable dislike of!

And I honestly don't know how I lucked out. Only thing I can think of is the homosexuality, and even that's kind of a nebulous cloud of "eh?" Besides that, there's the thought process that the places I hang out on the internet helped with that, (namely, you guys. Bay12 was fairly formative to me and my opinions. Until you all turned into assholes and Russians <3) but then the question is, why did I come to bay12 and not, like... Reddit, or 4chan, or SomethingAwful, or any other wretched hive of scum and villainy? (well, I know the answer to that last one: I'm a cheap fucker.)

That's literally all I got. You guys and my love of cock and/or butts are literally the only reasons I can think of that prevented me from becoming a STEMlord. (that is a delightful portmanteau of STEM and shitlord.)

... It's kind of a disturbing thought.

Because a decent chunk of whatever group you pick are going to be pricks. In my experience, knowing a bunch of gay people, they've got a pretty average spread of pricks to non-pricks, so it's probably not that.

Maybe you're just not a prick? It happens.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95232 on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:30 pm »

I don't agree with that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95233 on: February 03, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »

@Descan:I trip a lot of the same flags, but I agree with GiglameshDespair's analysis of the situation.

I don't agree with that.
I agree with your disagreement.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95234 on: February 03, 2016, 07:37:51 pm »

r u avin a gigl m8

ill bash ur head in

i swer on me mum

But seriously. We wouldn't have anything worthwhile if not for also artists. STEM makes it go, art makes us want it to go.
Pages: 1 ... 6347 6348 [6349] 6350 6351 ... 11040