Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6331 6332 [6333] 6334 6335 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442224 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94980 on: February 01, 2016, 08:37:36 am »

Bloody hell, why do moments of creative inspiration have to so often be so inconvenient?
To make them unapproachable by the common folk and thus by being unapproachable does it become special.
The illuminati control when you have moments of inspiration so you can't act on it These moments happen at inconvenient times so only the highborn can act on them. Plebs are usually too busy trying to not starve to death.

I'd hate to kill the joke but I thought "moments" was "monuments"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #94981 on: February 01, 2016, 08:53:38 am »

Bloody hell, why do moments of creative inspiration have to so often be so inconvenient?
To make them unapproachable by the common folk and thus by being unapproachable does it become special.
The illuminati control when you have moments of inspiration so you can't act on it These moments happen at inconvenient times so only the highborn can act on them. Plebs are usually too busy trying to not starve to death.
I'd hate to kill the joke but I thought "moments" was "monuments"
They can be monuments too, as long as you got money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94982 on: February 01, 2016, 08:55:08 am »

Sounded like a monumental miscommunication to me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94983 on: February 01, 2016, 10:42:55 am »

Wait shouldn't the England/Wales venn also encompass N-Ireland?
Or is it the same as Scotland?
I believe that red labels describe the circle, and blue circles describe the things within it. That said, I don't know what the Wales+England circle would be labeled.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94984 on: February 01, 2016, 10:49:45 am »

Actually it seems I asked a really stupid question.
Wales is a part of the Kingdom of England (unlike Scotland or Northern Ireland), though it used to be a separate principality under it. Now there isn't really a title tied to it, but it recently got its own legislature.
Indeed. Full title is the Kingdom of England and Wales, but everyone drops the "and Wales" bit because fuck Wales.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94985 on: February 01, 2016, 12:03:43 pm »

Reject this post-count seeking foolery, it brings only suffering and destruction, the Buddha didn't get wise off no shitposting
This is like a Bill Gates saying "Money? Nah, that only brings you suffering!"
Well he's doing jack all with his donation despite using up most of his fortune. I don't think he's too chuffed about how irrelevant he is now that he's not developing tech.

The fact that Bill Gates, the richest man on the world probably, can't fix a single problem is kind of proof that money can't solve everything.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94986 on: February 01, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »

Got pulled over by a cop while walking with my bike. He asked me if I lived around here and where I was going, then drove off after I answered.

Besides that, according to the pedometer on my 3DS, I walked 3024 steps from my bedroom to my bike, then to the dollar store*, then to the grocery store**, then to the convenience store*** on the way home, then to put my bike away, then back to my bedroom.

*For groceries.
**For meats, dairy, and fresh plant matter that the dollar store generally doesn't carry.
***Because I am really goddamned hungry after all that walking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94987 on: February 01, 2016, 01:06:49 pm »

Why were you walking a bike instead of just plain walking?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94988 on: February 01, 2016, 01:42:17 pm »

Reject this post-count seeking foolery, it brings only suffering and destruction, the Buddha didn't get wise off no shitposting
This is like a Bill Gates saying "Money? Nah, that only brings you suffering!"
This post made my day on so many levels.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94989 on: February 01, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

Why were you walking a bike instead of just plain walking?

Well, ordinarily I'd ride the bike, but I can't get my leg over the seat while wearing the heavy overcoat I normally wear when it's this cold. I still need the basket on the bike to carry my groceries.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94990 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07:26 pm »

Wales is a part of the Kingdom of England (unlike Scotland or Northern Ireland), though it used to be a separate principality under it. Now there isn't really a title tied to it, but it recently got its own legislature.
Indeed. Full title is the Kingdom of England and Wales, but everyone drops the "and Wales" bit because fuck Wales.
Kinda like how the full title is "The United States of America" but everyone either drops the "of America" or the "The United States of", because it's too much work to say the whole thing. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94991 on: February 01, 2016, 02:20:43 pm »

Got pulled over by a cop while walking with my bike. He asked me if I lived around here and where I was going, then drove off after I answered.

He just wanted to make sure you weren't going to take the bike into a dark alley and rape it, that's all.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #94992 on: February 01, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »

Kinda like how the full title is "The United States of America" but everyone either drops the "of America" or the "The United States of", because it's too much work to say the whole thing. :P
Or the "nited", "tates of" and "merica".

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94993 on: February 01, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

The Knighted Tater-tots of 'Murica?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94994 on: February 01, 2016, 02:36:00 pm »

https://akshatmittal.com/youtube-realtime/#!/TheFineBros

Watching the Fbros subscriber count just plummet in real time is fascinating
Pages: 1 ... 6331 6332 [6333] 6334 6335 ... 11040