Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442286 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94965 on: February 01, 2016, 02:04:17 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ

I dont know, if subtitles are fake, huh, but anyway kinda creepy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94966 on: February 01, 2016, 02:29:30 am »

Watching terrible foreign/silent films with no subtitles with friends whilst attempting to guess what's going on (and mocking them mercilessly for their countless flaws, of course) is a new, strange hobby I have seemingly acquired. I went from binge-watching great films to this, all in the space of a few minutes. WTF.

I think maybe now I will go back to watching good stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94967 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:42 am »

I don't think it would. Those are part of Britain, but definitely not part of England AFAIK.

Wales is a part of the Kingdom of England (unlike Scotland or Northern Ireland), though it used to be a separate principality under it. Now there isn't really a title tied to it, but it recently got its own legislature.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94968 on: February 01, 2016, 03:09:13 am »

Wait, does that mean the Isle of Man is not part of the UK? Because I was under the impression that it was...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94969 on: February 01, 2016, 04:31:54 am »

Wait, does that mean the Isle of Man is not part of the UK? Because I was under the impression that it was...
It's a possession of the British Crown, but with an independent government that is not part of the UK.

Wales is a part of the Kingdom of England (unlike Scotland or Northern Ireland), though it used to be a separate principality under it. Now there isn't really a title tied to it, but it recently got its own legislature.
Indeed. Full title is the Kingdom of England and Wales, but everyone drops the "and Wales" bit because fuck Wales.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94970 on: February 01, 2016, 05:37:57 am »

The Isle of Man is a Crown Dependancy (there's something like 3 Crown Dependencies and they're all little islands). meaning it is not part of the UK or an Overseas territory. It makes it's own laws and has its own parliamant, but is owned by the Crown, far as I remember.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94971 on: February 01, 2016, 06:37:59 am »

Wait shouldn't the England/Wales venn also encompass N-Ireland?
Or is it the same as Scotland?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94972 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:06 am »

Damn UK is as overly complicated as their flag is, apparently :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94973 on: February 01, 2016, 07:09:27 am »

Cycling was being forced to confront a new controversy on Sunday after the sport's head confirmed the first top-level case of "technological fraud" with a hidden motor being found on a Belgian cyclist's bike.

The motor was discovered inside the frame of the machine being used by teenager Femke Van den Driessche at the world cyclo-cross championship in Zolder, Belgium, Bryan Cookson, the president of the International Cycling Union (UCI), said.

"It's absolutely clear that there was technological fraud. There was a concealed motor. I don't think there are any secrets about that," Cookson told a news conference.

Yet the 19-year-old Van den Driessche denied suggestions she had deliberately used a motorized bike in the women's under-23 race and was in tears as she told Belgian TV channel Sporza: "The bike was not mine. I would never cheat."

Van den Driessche said the bike looked identical to her own but belonged to her friend and that a team mechanic had given it her by mistake before the race.

The bike was later seized after she had withdrawn from the race on Saturday with a mechanical problem.

"It wasn't my bike, it was my friend's and was identical to mine," Van den Driessche told Belgian TV channel Sporza.

"This friend went around the course Saturday before dropping off the bike in the truck. A mechanic, thinking it was my bike, cleaned it and prepared it for my race."

Van den Driessche said she feared her career could now be over but she still hoped for a second chance and was not afraid of any investigations into the case.

"I'm aware I have a big problem. I have done nothing wrong," she said.
Spoiler: the rest (click to show/hide)
(Reporting by Ian Chadband; editing by Martyn Herman)

If you've ever been an admin on... anything... you've probably encountered excuses almost exactly like this ("I didn't break the (rules|cheat), it was really my (brother|friend), so... don't ban me?"), which is what makes it so amazing to me that she would think that that's believable. Of course, it doesn't sound like anyone has tried to fact-check her story yet by asking her who the friend and mechanic are, investigating whether there is another identical bike, etc.

Maybe we need a cynical thread, 'cause this should probably be in it. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94974 on: February 01, 2016, 07:15:47 am »

How do you conceal a motor inside the bike frame?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94975 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:14 am »

Gosh, I just looked at a social media page for the supermarket I most regularly shop at... there are so many people bitching at them seemingly non-stop about trivial matters- matters that are most likely just a case of some employee making a minor mistake, yet half these people act as though the company burnt their house down, poisoned their puppy and then peed on its corpse right before their eyes, all whilst laughing maniacally.

It's kind of weird, feeling sorry for a soulless company that probably has hundreds of different people getting paid to respond to this silliness. Oh, and did I mention their PR people seem to respond to every single complaint, without fail? I guess they'd have a shitstorm on their hands if they didn't, but still.

...Oh dear, I'm rambling about inconsequential topics whilst half-asleep. Sorry about this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94976 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:38 am »

Geez, gotta give it to the PR people who have to sort through that crap. Given where I work, I get only a fraction of this sort of thing compared to how much my sister(who is a manager on the sales floor) has to take during any given day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94977 on: February 01, 2016, 08:23:18 am »

Bloody hell, why do moments of creative inspiration have to so often be so inconvenient?
I'm trying to sleep and my brain decides this is a good time to try my hand at writing poetry. I mean, come on brain, I'm all for you taking up a new art form, but could you pick a better moment please? We both need sleep.
Don't even get me started on the film ideas that came after, or the sudden desire to snap photos that followed in turn.

Geez, gotta give it to the PR people who have to sort through that crap. Given where I work, I get only a fraction of this sort of thing compared to how much my sister(who is a manager on the sales floor) has to take during any given day.
For some reason I've had a fascination with that kind of career for ages.
It would most likely burn me out faster than... I don't know, too tired to word proper right now, but I still want to try it. Weird.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94978 on: February 01, 2016, 08:26:41 am »

Bloody hell, why do moments of creative inspiration have to so often be so inconvenient?

To make them unapproachable by the common folk and thus by being unapproachable does it become special.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #94979 on: February 01, 2016, 08:31:17 am »

To make them unapproachable by the common folk and thus by being unapproachable does it become special.
The illuminati control when you have moments of inspiration so you can't act on it These moments happen at inconvenient times so only the highborn can act on them. Plebs are usually too busy trying to not starve to death.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 11040