Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441383 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94605 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:48 am »

RICE! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH RICE?!

I feel like a snake trying to digest one of those giant pigs from Wind Waker.   
Maybe it would have been wise to bring along a second person to eat some of the stuff. That or just... not try to eat it all myself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94606 on: January 27, 2016, 04:59:34 am »

Goodness I noticed "I say a little prayer" and how my favorite version is actually from a movie.

There is something about it being a Joyous song that just hits the right spot for me. Then it just being a flat out love song.

---

I think I just don't like Song contest shows mostly because their renditions tend to be terrible oversinging.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:41:58 am by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94607 on: January 27, 2016, 07:58:21 am »

I just dreamt that I sharted. In public. Mid-conversation.
And it wasn't so much a "shart" as it was a "violent staccato explosion of diarrhoea" that sent chunks spraying down my legs, and for some reason I was wearing shorts, or really these strange three-quarter-length pants that seemed to be designed for maximum potential shart-embarrassment. There was some stuck to a prominent spot on the back of my calf, accentuated with a small piece of paper from somewhere that I didn't notice until later.

That dream was pretty nasty.
...And no, it didn't come true in my real-pants! Believe me, I checked. In a hurry.[size]
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94608 on: January 27, 2016, 09:47:45 am »

Photograph of a potato sells for $1.08m

I know there's a MaximumZero joke to be made here, but I just can't quite find it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94609 on: January 27, 2016, 09:52:13 am »

I was recently inspired to play Half-Life 1 again, and I forgot how much reverb there is on the sound effects. Walking anywhere sounds like playing with an instrument in Fruity Loops. I'm not sure I like it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #94610 on: January 27, 2016, 12:40:32 pm »

Photograph of a potato sells for $1.08m

I know there's a MaximumZero joke to be made here, but I just can't quite find it.
"I see commonalities between humans and potatoes that speak to our relationship as individuals within a collective species," says Abosch.

He knows the truth.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94611 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »

No one else is weirded out by the philosopher who wants to teach lions to eat tofu?
Creationists have been banging on about vegetarian predators for years, nobody's shocked any more.
This guy's not a creationist though. As far as I can tell his religious affiliation seems to be New-Age Buddhism Lite
He is a transhumanist, though. And that's several orders of magnitude worse than creationist in terms of religious bugnuttery.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94612 on: January 27, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »

for clarity's sake, are you referring to solely the folks who make a religion out of transhumanism, or are you calling transhumanism overall a religion?

i'll be honest, there's a bit of a terminological clusterfuck and it is not your fault, i just need to know whether i should be indignant or not
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94613 on: January 27, 2016, 01:07:00 pm »

I'm not referring to you or anyone else on this forum because you guys are great. I have nothing against transhumanoids and some of my best friends are transhumanoids, I swear. Love the sinner hate the sin, and all that...

It's just that I'm a H+phobe by nature because God made me that way, and I cannot change the natural order of things.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94614 on: January 27, 2016, 01:09:07 pm »

i mean that's totally fair, and we've totally got nutjobs

i just wanna make sure i don't go off on a ranty tangent toward somebody who meant none of the things i'd complain about >___________>

anyway keep on being cool
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94615 on: January 27, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

I will pray for your soul, friend. Lord Jesus have mercy on you on Judgement Day. Amen.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94616 on: January 27, 2016, 01:18:49 pm »

I would rather fix the problems facing humans today to have a better human tomorrow than hope for a better human today and see what we get tomorrow.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94617 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:42 pm »

Buying a plane ticket for my dad. The amount of shit they try to tack on is freaking mind boggling. But, since it's a short flight I wanted to go for the cheapest option which is basically just the seat on the plane. But, as it turns out, taking the cheapest options means you can't pay via debit/credit card. So you need to pick the 'normal' option which gives you 100 boomerang points, whatever the fuck those are and a free digital magazine of your choice. It also costs 10 more euros.

What the actual fuck
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94618 on: January 27, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »

No one else is weirded out by the philosopher who wants to teach lions to eat tofu?
Creationists have been banging on about vegetarian predators for years, nobody's shocked any more.
This guy's not a creationist though. As far as I can tell his religious affiliation seems to be New-Age Buddhism Lite
He is a transhumanist, though. And that's several orders of magnitude worse than creationist in terms of religious bugnuttery.
Take that back you pathetic flesh being.
disclaimeriamnotbeingentirelyseriouskappa

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94619 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

Uh sorry, I know this one's a bit weird.  But that's what the thread's for, right?

I've long enjoyed using equipment that's falling apart.  I don't know exactly why, but I have suspicions.  There was a rusty push-mower, a bed with slats too short which kept collapsing, a desktop where I had to use a penny on a jumper to reset it.  More recently, I've been using my older laptop more and more as it breaks in more ways.

One of the battery clips is missing so it keeps dislodging, which synergizes well with the "new" power adapter which began failing after only three months this time.  The plastic edging which holds the screen in place is about a third gone, which is causing the rest to gradually snap off under the stress.  The screen is slightly "popped out" and the left side sits lower.

The end key broke off a while ago, but pressing the rubber nub worked fine.  Now that's gone too, so I have to press reaaally hard into the depression to register a press.

It crashes randomly, but usually stays up about 2-3 days before going on a crash frenzy.  Recently these crashes have started corrupting Firefox's icons, such that the program and HTML files show up unassigned.  Re-running the Firefox installer clears that up.  (I'm pretty sure this is an issue of bad RAM that got cooked in the heat.  I've been meaning to pull one of the sticks to test...  For like half a year now?)

Bringing things to a head is the fan grinding.  That same overheat situation made it start running loud, but about a month ago it started actually grinding.  Right around Christmas actually.  It's amazingly intermittent.  Usually it ticks rather softly, almost regularly.  That's easy enough to ignore.  But when stressed, or sometimes randomly for no reason, it'll start grinding spastically and loudly.  It doesn't clear itself up, and it's woken me up a few times now.

Bizarrely, striking it in just the right spot has about a 1/4 chance of making it subside for a few hours.  It takes a *hard* strike, too - though I eventually found out that knuckles don't help.  Which is good, they were getting really sore.  This "percussive maintenance" does make it bluescreen occasionally.

But unsurprisingly, it's only getting worse over time.  It's seriously distracting now.  I should really take it to a shop I guess, or open it up myself (I have the know-how), or at least start using my fresh laptop from work.  But it's somehow comforting to stick with something so frustrating, actually painful to use.

... Yeaaah, I really need to get this fixed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 ... 11040