Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6284 6285 [6286] 6287 6288 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443458 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94275 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:51 pm »

Friends of Bay 12, a state of emergency has been declared for North Carolina. In approximately four hours, two feet of snow will fall from the sky and destroy this once-great statenation, leaving behind only an anarchic hell for the survivors to carve out their tiny kingdoms within. I intend to be one of those new breed of tyrant, but should you never hear from me again, know that I valiantly gave my life in pursuit of this apocalyptic wastelander way of being.

Vigilo Confido.

Ohh no... two feet of snow? You might have to shovel your driveways!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94276 on: January 21, 2016, 10:43:29 pm »

That's... North Carolina?  I can see two feet of snow being the harbinger of the apocalypse here in Florida what with us not having snow trucks, no-one owning tire chains or a decent winter coat, noone owning a snow shovel to shovel said driveway with, and the orange grove farmers flipping their shit and claiming the state economy will crash when it so much as gets below 40. (oh and the fact that that means it would be snowing in hell)

But north carolina?  Doesn't it snow there every year?

Oh well, good luck at any rate.  When your empire decides to expand outside the state remember to take care of the manatees and make sure you keep your battlefleet moving slower than 15 mph.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:45:18 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94277 on: January 21, 2016, 11:07:47 pm »

Note: This isn't recent, I'm still not sure wtf to do, nor do I inderstand either of them.

So a couple weeks back, my girlfriend introduces me to her cousin's cousin (second cousin?), and we talk a little. I see that she's a nerd, which isn't surprising, as my school is a mix of total nerds, jocks, and overly rich drama queens who have too much time to do stuff. Anyway, I hang out with my girlfriend and her second cousin, who wants us to all play games together and stuff with a group of her friends, whatever. So I go to join the group, and it's only the cousin. Which is wierd, because my gfs really close to her. Well, I come to find out that the cousin told my gf everyone was too busy and plans had changed.

So, we're hanging out, and the cousin goes totally silent. Not strange, considering there's like 4 other people in her house, and she's the oldest kid still living there, but she normally says "be right back" or something.

And then I get a text saying "Hey [REDACTED], I don't want to come between you and [REDACTED], so I'm not sure that I should tell you this" from her. I, being the curious little shit that I am, ask what she means.

I'm then told that she has a HUGE crush on me, and has since she met me, but didn't want to admit it to avoid teasing from other people, and to not make things awkward as all fuck.

Of course, she immediately says "gotta go bye!" over TS and leaves.

So basically, tl;dr version is my gf's second cousin has a crush on me, confusing the hell out of me, and now I'm kind of confused on what to do. Anyone been here before, and going to give me advice beyond "Dump your gf and leave the country" or something?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94278 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

Politely turn said cousin down?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94279 on: January 21, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »

Follow your dreams?

[/helpfuladvice]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94280 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:13 pm »

Get a harem.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94281 on: January 21, 2016, 11:18:26 pm »

Well, if they're okay with it...
[/unhelpful advice]
I guess your best bet is to say no.
Black lives matter.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94282 on: January 21, 2016, 11:21:14 pm »

The real question is, how do you feel about her?
I'm assuming you're still faithful to your girlfriend.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94283 on: January 21, 2016, 11:26:12 pm »

Well so far my girlfriend has totally dissappeared off the face of the earth, with no explanation, the cousin alternates between pretending I don't exist and following me around (leading friends to assume I follow her around for some reason), and I really just want to say "Look, it's been fun, but I'm leaving, okay?" to my girlfriend next time I see her (if ever, at this rate), but then I would feel way more guilty than I want to deal with, and all in all I almost wish I could start the past...several years over again. Maybe then I could try to figure out why the hell I can't sleep most nights, and the rest of the time I don't sleep that well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94284 on: January 21, 2016, 11:40:02 pm »

Be up front with the two of them. If the 2nd cousin is the only one you can contact then tell her that you need to talk to the gf and can't get ahold of her. there's a decent chance the gf is intentionally making herself hard to contact to give you space with the 2nd cousin... which doesn't mean she doesn't want to be your gf necessarilly. The entire situation is probably based on background drama between the two of them that you aren't privy too, and there's all kinds of scenarios possible right now.

the key to muddling your way through this is going to be clear communication. Be up front with them, be honest to both them and to yourself, and you'll come out confused but okay.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94285 on: January 21, 2016, 11:40:27 pm »

Act randomly.  It's working well for those two.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94286 on: January 21, 2016, 11:48:31 pm »

Act randomly.  It's working well for those two.

So it seems.

Be up front with the two of them. If the 2nd cousin is the only one you can contact then tell her that you need to talk to the gf and can't get ahold of her. there's a decent chance the gf is intentionally making herself hard to contact to give you space with the 2nd cousin... which doesn't mean she doesn't want to be your gf necessarilly. The entire situation is probably based on background drama between the two of them that you aren't privy too, and there's all kinds of scenarios possible right now.

the key to muddling your way through this is going to be clear communication. Be up front with them, be honest to both them and to yourself, and you'll come out confused but okay.

I expect to come out confused. Okay? That depends on how angry my girlfriend is after all of this. I've already been slightly kicked out of our group of friends, because they blame me for her disappearing, and I'm tired of school as it is. The only reason I even go is to watch the random shit they do, and then they're telling me more and more often to just fuck off already. Oh, and did I mention that my mom seems to think I'm the one that started this?

EDIT: I wish I could just drive to like, Seattle or something one of these days to calm my nerves. Sadly, I don't own a car, and my mom wouldn't be happy if I ran off with hers.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94287 on: January 22, 2016, 12:16:17 am »

Follow your dreams?

[/helpfuladvice]
No, no, your heart! Follow your heart!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94288 on: January 22, 2016, 12:33:43 am »

Follow your dreams?

[/helpfuladvice]

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94289 on: January 22, 2016, 12:35:25 am »

Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if one was to try and literally follow their heart? Spontaneous implosion as the extremities of the body get closer to the organ?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6284 6285 [6286] 6287 6288 ... 11040