Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448373 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94230 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:11 am »

My PC is suddenly playing the title music for Cities: Skylines. I don't know why, or how. And the Cities: Skylines process isn't open. Steam apparently just decided to play music for no reason.
Steam DOES have a music player...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94231 on: January 21, 2016, 11:25:40 am »

You have to set it up though, so if you don't know about it, it won't be playing anything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94232 on: January 21, 2016, 12:29:15 pm »

Quote from: From Friedrich Nietzsche's preface to The Birth of Tragedy
What I then laid hands on, something terriblr and dangerous, a problem with horns, not neces sarily a bull itself, but at all events a new problem : I should say to-day it was the problem of science itself—science conceived for the first time as prob lematic, as questionable. But the book, in which my youthful ardour and suspicion then discharged themselves—what themselves—what an impossible book must needs grow out of a task so disagreeable to youth. Con structed of nought but precocious, unripened self-experiences, all of which lay close to the threshold of the communicable, based on the groundwork of art —for the problem of science cannot be discerned on the groundwork of science,—a book perhaps for artists, with collateral analytical and retrospective aptitudes (that is, an exceptional kind of artists, for whom one must seek and does not even care to seek . . .), full of psychological innovations and artists' secrets, with an artists' metaphysics in the background, a work of youth, full of youth's mettle and youth's melancholy, independent, defiantly self-sufficient even when it seems to bow to some authority and self-veneration; in short, a firstling-work, even in every bad sense of the term ; in spite of its senile problem, affected with every fault of youth, above all with youth's pro lixity and youth's " storm and stress": on the other hand, in view of the success it had (especi ally with the great artist to whom it addressed itself, as it were, in a duologue, Richard Wagner) a demonstrated book, I mean a book which, at any rate, sufficed " for the best of its time." On this account, if for no other reason, it should be treated with some consideration and reserve; yet I shall not altogether conceal how disagreeable it now appears to me, how after sixteen years it stands a total stranger before me,—before an eye which is more mature, and a hundred times more fastidious, but which has by no means grown colder nor lost any of its interest in that self-same task essayed for the first time by this daring book,— to view science through the optics of the artist, and art more over through the optics of Life. . . .

Typos are from the transcription/ocr, I assume. I have no idea what "pro lixity" is supposed to be.
1. Seems fond of run on sentences.
2. He didn't like The Birth of Tragedy all that much anymore?
3. Sound and fury signifying nothing (for instance, "for the problem of science cannot be discerned on the groundwork of science" makes no sense to me), or maybe the phrases he was using were references (e.g. To past philosophers' works) which I didn't get, with implied meanings.
4. Pretentious much?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94233 on: January 21, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »

For some reason I wound up with two Bay12 tabs side-by-side yesterday or the day before, and ever since then I've been clicking the wrong tab seemingly without fail. So, being a resourceful sort, I switched the tabs around- and then immediately started clicking on the right tab, except that it is now the wrong one. Good job, brain. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94234 on: January 21, 2016, 01:55:26 pm »

But I had it open for a reason! I can't remember what it was, but there was a reason. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94235 on: January 21, 2016, 02:23:19 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94236 on: January 21, 2016, 02:29:04 pm »

Some thread on GD just got deleted for, what I can tell, no reason. No bans in the log no locked thread with some final post no nothing. wot
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94237 on: January 21, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »

Then... move it to a new window.
Or a new tab group.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94238 on: January 21, 2016, 02:38:03 pm »

Some thread on GD just got deleted for, what I can tell, no reason. No bans in the log no locked thread with some final post no nothing. wot
Someone posted gg8 b8 on it

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94239 on: January 21, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

I have no idea what "pro lixity" is supposed to be.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/prolix

Well, that describes his preface too. I only pasted a small part of it. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94240 on: January 21, 2016, 02:47:08 pm »

Someone posted gg8 b8 on it
It wasn't even one page in last I saw it though. Oh well, I guess some people just have to shut it down before anyone discusses something they don't like.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94241 on: January 21, 2016, 02:48:16 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't moved?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94242 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:30 pm »

No it was killed

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #94243 on: January 21, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »

What thread was it?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94244 on: January 21, 2016, 03:46:33 pm »

I thought it was going to be a cirlcejerk about how Wikipedia was shit, but someone probably got salty over GG or something idk.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 ... 11040