Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6259 6260 [6261] 6262 6263 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443689 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93900 on: January 14, 2016, 09:13:00 pm »

i apparently havent checked this thread in over one hundred pages, lmao

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93901 on: January 14, 2016, 09:25:30 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93903 on: January 14, 2016, 09:30:01 pm »

Stripping off the GET arguments fixes it https://twitter.com/DPRK_News
Ooh and it's critiquing the republican debate in real time, okay
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93904 on: January 14, 2016, 09:34:03 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  I don't care if it's a joke or not.  It's funny.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93905 on: January 14, 2016, 09:40:44 pm »

Stripping off the GET arguments fixes it https://twitter.com/DPRK_News
Ooh and it's critiquing the republican debate in real time, okay
I wonder what the homepage is, and whether or not I can go there. Still loading...

Edit:Holy shit! It's real. It's a real DPRK website. I thought they didn't have internet, or they censored it to high heavens. This is lovely. It even comes in English!

I can't wait to read some articles. I'm probably on a list too. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:43:14 pm by jaked122 »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93906 on: January 14, 2016, 09:47:25 pm »

The twitter account isn't real (check yesterday for karate salute), but I guess the home page could be.  The DPRK surely has internet, just not the people (ironically).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93907 on: January 14, 2016, 11:15:26 pm »

My guitar, microphone or something in the room has a resonance frequency that happens to match up with B, the note. It makes all my Bs significantly louder when I play them. It's annoying.

EDIT: it was the e strings and the b string, those little scamps

i was playing it all on the A string, so basically every other string got in on the harmonic action
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:20:21 pm by Putnam »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93908 on: January 14, 2016, 11:28:57 pm »

Already posted iun the Dragons Dogma thread but i guess it fits here as well.

I'm surprised Joe didn't acknowledge the AWFUL "romance" system. You can romance literally any NPC in the game (save for the bad guys). That sounds awesome, right? Well it's fuckin' NOT!
I accidentally ended up with an eight year old in my first playthrough because I didn't know that you could romance just about any character, and I didn't know their affection was based on how many gifts you'd given them. I gave like four hundred flowers to this little kid and ended up receiving a VERY awkward scene at the end between my character and this little boy.
I love Japanese video games and all but I sure do hate when this keeps happening
No I'm pretty sure that's hilarious and/or awesome
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93909 on: January 15, 2016, 01:00:31 am »

jesus this poetry form

it's a single couplet of 8 syllables each, must be about immortality, be from the perspective of an animal, use assonance, have each sentence have the same grammatical structure, rhyme, second line must expand the idea of the first but also undercut the assertion made in the first line and both must use epenthesis.

Holy shit, Dwarf Fortress. No wonder everyone only knows one poem of that form anyway.

EDIT: screw it here's an example

gid(i)dhi bodhak trayad tratti
sud(i)dhi skriya, slouni khatti

Okay, I tried making a poem in that form in the trollish language it was written in. I figured words that have "ddhi" have an unwritten vowel in the middle, which is what epenthesis is; I'll cheat a little and say the added i doesn't make an extra syllable. This is approximately what it means:

"The jackal considers itself immortal;
the bear its killer, infallibly hungry."

Literal meaning:

JACKAL CONSIDERATE CREATURE IMMORTALITY
BEAR KILLER INFALLIBLE STARVE

In trollish, "immortal" and "starving" (hungry) rhyme, being "tratti" and "khatti". Notably, "jackal" and "bear" seem to share a root, ddhi.

I don't think I expanded on the idea, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:11:09 am by Putnam »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93910 on: January 15, 2016, 01:10:01 am »

I wouldn't be surprised, if it were possible for the game, if the poetic form was invented to describe the single "poem" of masterfully terrible quality someone cooked up beforehand.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93911 on: January 15, 2016, 01:12:09 am »

Its quality is "not awful, but not very good either". Fairly cheerful. No particular subject, despite being about animals and immortality.

It's also the only poem these people know, and it appears that people have just been telling this poem to eachother for the past month and doing nothing else.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:13:53 am by Putnam »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93912 on: January 15, 2016, 01:16:02 am »

The only poem and the only poetic form? Well, with an example like that I suppose there's not much hope invested in poetry as a form of art in that culture.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93913 on: January 15, 2016, 01:18:23 am »

I don't know, this is a culture practically built around rap at the higher echelons. There should be something.
Checking a random citizen (Bodhak Smrite), he knows a form of poetry known as "The Perfection of Sparks", so there's another one somewhere.

I thought it was a bit odd for someone to name their child "considerate", but then I realized that that is so utterly in-character for beforans that that I might just change every single troll's name to that.

Oh, they're playing music now. Jesus christ, this is brutal. I mean, like, the improvisation instructions closely resemble this song:

From beginning to end, when improvising, artists should always include a falling-rising melody pattern with sharpened third degree on the fall, sometimes include a rising-falling melody pattern with sharpened fourth degree on the fall, often include a rising melody pattern with grace notes, rapid runs, arpeggios and legato and sometimes include a falling melody pattern with sharpened second degree as well as mordents and rapid runs. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:24:13 am by Putnam »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93914 on: January 15, 2016, 01:34:51 am »

jesus this poetry form
That's really not so different from a few exotic poetic forms in real life. Try the Kalevala form, for example, the form Finland's national epic was written in:

• A verse has three or six couplets of four troches to a line (8 syllables total, weight on 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th), though the first one in each line can sometimes have 3 or 4 syllables.
  • No single-syllable words in the last troche.
  • Caesura between the second and third troche.
  • Longer words should be towards the end of a line.
  • Alliteration should be used whenever possible.
  • The second line of a couplet should repeat the message of the first in different words, unless the first line is the name and title of a previously established character.
  • All of this must be sung rather than spoken when recited.
  • There is no minimum or maximum number of verses in a poem, but they should tell a story when recited in full.
  • Common themes are nature, folklore and history.

The Kalevala has 22,795 verses in this form collected from around Finland to form a complete epic story.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6259 6260 [6261] 6262 6263 ... 11040