Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6258 6259 [6260] 6261 6262 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442343 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93885 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:12 pm »

My throat pain seems to be subsiding. No idea what caused it. Felt like the aftereffects of getting punched in the throat. I don't recall ever getting throatpunched. I guess that's the best kind of throatpunch, where you do not remember ever getting throatpunched.

I don't remember Water Temple being that hard. Just convoluted due to having to change the water level over and over again, and the frustration of having to constantly equip and unequip the iron boots.

Then again, I finished the Forest Temple as one of the last ones because the Wallmasters were too scary.

The main problem I had with the Water Temple was that it took me a very long time to find that Time Block in the room with the Longshot. I knew there was some passage to that last small key, but never found it for so long. It also took me years to figure out how to get the Fire Arrow, and I've beaten the game without getting it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93886 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

Already posted iun the Dragons Dogma thread but i guess it fits here as well.

I'm surprised Joe didn't acknowledge the AWFUL "romance" system. You can romance literally any NPC in the game (save for the bad guys). That sounds awesome, right? Well it's fuckin' NOT!
I accidentally ended up with an eight year old in my first playthrough because I didn't know that you could romance just about any character, and I didn't know their affection was based on how many gifts you'd given them. I gave like four hundred flowers to this little kid and ended up receiving a VERY awkward scene at the end between my character and this little boy.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93887 on: January 14, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »

Because all the 'children' are in fact very short adults. Probably. Hopefully.

The romance system was awful though.

Spoiler: Minorly Spoilery (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #93888 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:07 pm »

The sad thing is, that could have worked perfectly if it wasn't depicted as you romancing the eight year old.

Kidnapping a friend of the hero, especially when it's a child, is a very villain-y thing to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93889 on: January 14, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »

Grah. Looking for a site in which you enter a word and it "procedurally" or something generates an image from it. Some quite varied stuff, but now I can't find it.
Found it, if anyone's interested.

It's quite lovely.

http://www.random-art.org/about/

I entered ayy lmao and got a blank green screen. 10/10.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93890 on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:12 pm »

My throat pain seems to be subsiding. No idea what caused it. Felt like the aftereffects of getting punched in the throat. I don't recall ever getting throatpunched. I guess that's the best kind of throatpunch, where you do not remember ever getting throatpunched.

I don't remember Water Temple being that hard. Just convoluted due to having to change the water level over and over again, and the frustration of having to constantly equip and unequip the iron boots.

Then again, I finished the Forest Temple as one of the last ones because the Wallmasters were too scary.

The main problem I had with the Water Temple was that it took me a very long time to find that Time Block in the room with the Longshot. I knew there was some passage to that last small key, but never found it for so long. It also took me years to figure out how to get the Fire Arrow, and I've beaten the game without getting it.

First time I reached Ganon's tower I didn't have the fire arrow either.

I know you can beat the shadow section by igniting the torch that activates the platforms in the room without a floor with Din's fire and then using the hookshot to pull yourself to the like like on the edge.

But how do you manage to get the golden gauntlets in that room without the fire arrow? I thought it was impossible.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93891 on: January 14, 2016, 06:54:21 pm »

I spent years. Literally. Years trying to figure out the water temple. Eventually I found that one key that I missed. Eventually.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93892 on: January 14, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »

Already posted iun the Dragons Dogma thread but i guess it fits here as well.

I'm surprised Joe didn't acknowledge the AWFUL "romance" system. You can romance literally any NPC in the game (save for the bad guys). That sounds awesome, right? Well it's fuckin' NOT!
I accidentally ended up with an eight year old in my first playthrough because I didn't know that you could romance just about any character, and I didn't know their affection was based on how many gifts you'd given them. I gave like four hundred flowers to this little kid and ended up receiving a VERY awkward scene at the end between my character and this little boy.

I love Japanese video games and all but I sure do hate when this keeps happening
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93893 on: January 14, 2016, 07:00:17 pm »

I spent years. Literally. Years trying to figure out the water temple. Eventually I found that one key that I missed. Eventually.

Was it the one in the central tower that requires you to raise the water and then go down into a hole left by a floating platform?

Because that's the one I missed for ages on my first time.

Another horribly placed key is the one placed DIRECTLY above the entrance of the forest temple  Either you find it or not, but it's a place that you will never look for a key in because it doesn't even really feel like part of the temple because there is no ceiling.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93894 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:43 pm »

Was it the one in the central tower that requires you to raise the water and then go down into a hole left by a floating platform?
Maybe. It was also years ago that I figured this out.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93895 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:14 pm »

I know you can beat the shadow section by igniting the torch that activates the platforms in the room without a floor with Din's fire and then using the hookshot to pull yourself to the like like on the edge.

But how do you manage to get the golden gauntlets in that room without the fire arrow? I thought it was impossible.

I don't recall needing the fire arrow in the Shadow Barrier, though if it is required I don't remember how I completed it. It's needed in the Spirit Barrier to open the ceiling light, but there was one tiny little spot in the room just before it that gives you a single pixel-wide shot through a torch with a normal arrow to make the shot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93896 on: January 14, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »

The water temple in Ocarina of Time is nothing compared to the water level in Megaman Legends 2.  It's not even close.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93897 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »

I don't recall needing the fire arrow in the Shadow Barrier, though if it is required I don't remember how I completed it. It's needed in the Spirit Barrier to open the ceiling light, but there was one tiny little spot in the room just before it that gives you a single pixel-wide shot through a torch with a normal arrow to make the shot.

https://youtu.be/levySBbx1kA?t=161

this is the part where you usually need the fire arrow. But like I said you can also make by hookshotting on the torch, lighting it, getting over half the platforms and than hookshotting onto the like like.

I thought you couldn't activate the switch that drops the golden gauntlets chest, but apparently you can just jump to it with the hover boots.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93898 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:39 pm »

The water temple in Ocarina of Time is nothing compared to the water level in Megaman Legends 2.  It's not even close.

Water temple is horrible because every movement through the temple takes ages with the iron boots and changing water levels.

If you do find the keys it's not that bad, but searching through that temple for the key you missed is excruciatingly annoying.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:41:09 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 6258 6259 [6260] 6261 6262 ... 11040