Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6216 6217 [6218] 6219 6220 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433478 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93255 on: January 05, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

I found out that chocolate can go bad.
Bad how?
I've never been good at roleplay.
Practice?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93256 on: January 05, 2016, 05:53:30 pm »

Rancid, I would imagine. Chocolate has oils, which eventually become distinctly unpleasant, though it does usually take quite a while.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93257 on: January 05, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »

How would I practice?

I've never been able to enter the mindset of being another person, nor have I been able to come up with an idea of another person. All my characters are to me are their statistics.

And depending on my class's level 15 choice, I'll either get moderately useless utilities like flight, or I will replace both our rogue and our scout.

I'm playing an Avatar/Jedi-like class called the Kineticist, and you can only choose an element more than once if it was the element chosen at level one. But choosing fire again wouldn't add too much. Earth was my first Expanded Element, so I can't choose that.

Air has flight and some minor utilities. Water isn't as useful outside of ocean or Winter based campaigns. Wood is pretty decent in forest or jungle campaigns, but otherwise isn't that great. Void has little utility, aside from being able to see in magical darkness and being able to survive the vacuum of space. And Telekinetists are a Rogue's wet dream. Invisibility at will and able to perform finesse tasks such as picking locks at a range of 25ft plus 5ft per 2 levels are two of the better abilities.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93258 on: January 05, 2016, 06:04:16 pm »

I swear to god, this computer is sentient and all it wants to do is turn its adaptive brightness feature back on.

It's been off for months. I turned it off as soon as I realized this computer had it. Then it turned itself back on, upon which I turned it off again immediately. Now it's back, and my screen is flashing like a fucking rave party as clouds pass in front of the sun and move out of the way.

Yup. AMD Catalyst settings, the Vari-Bright feature is turned on when I specifically remember unchecking it several months ago.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:07:30 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93259 on: January 05, 2016, 06:05:10 pm »

I swear to god, this computer is sentient and all it wants to do is turn its adaptive brightness feature back on.

It's been off for months. I turned it off as soon as I realized this computer had it. Then it turned itself back on, upon which I turned it off again immediately. Now it's back, and my screen is flashing like a fucking rave party as clouds pass in front of the sun and move out of the way.
you must dance, itisnotlogical
you must dance
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93260 on: January 05, 2016, 06:16:31 pm »

@BlackFlyme:Then be you, in a game.

And think about what you would do if you were there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93261 on: January 05, 2016, 06:29:27 pm »

Yup. AMD Catalyst settings, the Vari-Bright feature is turned on when I specifically remember unchecking it several months ago.
Adaptive brightness is satan
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93262 on: January 05, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »

Rancid, I would imagine. Chocolate has oils, which eventually become distinctly unpleasant, though it does usually take quite a while.
Yeah, it develops this sort of minty not-so-good taste after a while. Most American-made chocolate takes 1-2 years to get to that state because we stuff it so full of horrible tasting preservatives (which is why it doesn't taste as good as European chocolate). Most European chocolate can reach that state in 6 months or so, usually.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93263 on: January 05, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »

What, the bit where it goes white?  That's not bad, just different.
Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93264 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:24 pm »

This is what I did in my Werewolf LARP. My character is basically me if I were actually bad-ass and spoke my mind more often.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93265 on: January 05, 2016, 07:18:07 pm »

It you want that, you can be me. :p

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93266 on: January 05, 2016, 07:26:39 pm »

This. My first RP characters were almost nothing but a stat block that when I needed to RP I overlaid it with my own personality, but over time (and characters) they grew more expressive and individualized as I got more comfortable isolating aspects of myself and differentiating between them, though all of my characters are still in some way an extension of me. The way I got started though was just by making my first couple ones an extension of myself and my personality instead of nothing but an efficiently min-maxed stat block and ability set.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93267 on: January 05, 2016, 07:30:33 pm »

What, the bit where it goes white?  That's not bad, just different.

No, that's a result of improper exposure to heat, not actual going bad.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93268 on: January 05, 2016, 08:10:37 pm »

It you want that, you can be me. :p
>TBF:Be MZ.
You cannot be MZ.
He is too awesome for this pitiful text-based interface.
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93269 on: January 05, 2016, 08:16:54 pm »

Yes, okay. I shall just try to roleplay myself.

Step One: Get a personality.
Steb One Plan B: Failing that, pretend I have a personality.

I'll probably grab telekinetics at level 15. Lift 1000lb per character level, turn invisible, and force choke fools.

Here's the Kineticist Elements, in case anyone's wondering what I am talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 6216 6217 [6218] 6219 6220 ... 11039