Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6202 6203 [6204] 6205 6206 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445405 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93045 on: January 02, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

Dare you to do it on a CV.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93046 on: January 02, 2016, 02:04:08 pm »

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93047 on: January 02, 2016, 02:09:51 pm »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93048 on: January 02, 2016, 02:27:50 pm »

It just occurred to me that I still lie about my age on all those age restricted things (putting that I'm 87 or something) when I haven't had to for years.
It's just a good habit, really. Keep it up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93049 on: January 02, 2016, 05:34:41 pm »

It just occurred to me that I still lie about my age on all those age restricted things (putting that I'm 87 or something) when I haven't had to for years.
The only difference is that it doesn't make me feel guilty anymore. ;)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93050 on: January 02, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93051 on: January 02, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »

Dare you to do it on a CV.

CV?

Curriculum Vitae. For job hunting.
In the States, that's a resume.
To be fair, it's also a CV in some places as well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93052 on: January 02, 2016, 05:55:32 pm »

Steam's Discovery Queue just showed me the same game twice in the same queue, and a game I already own. Still need two more cards for that Holiday Noir badge...

The only difference is that it doesn't make me feel guilty anymore. ;)

The only thing I've heard of having an effect from lying about your age is Dead or Alive 2. Apparently, it controls the amount of Gainaxing that goes on. Haven't played DoA2 yet, but it shouldn't be too hard to drum up a Dreamcast emulator. Plus there's a certain scene involving Survival mode's highscore, or so I hear...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93053 on: January 02, 2016, 05:56:26 pm »

Steam's Discovery Queue just showed me the same game twice in the same queue, and a game I already own. Still need two more cards for that Holiday Noir badge...
It's not supposed to do that.  Like, ever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93054 on: January 02, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »

My uvula seems to have become partially detached. There's loose skin dangling at the back of my throat. How the Hell would that happen?

It's kind of sore.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #93055 on: January 02, 2016, 07:02:12 pm »

It will show you games you already own if you have, for example, the "game of the year uber edition" and the base game is a separate entry in the steam database. I don't know about the "twice in the same queue" thing though.

Anyway, my WTF:

Origin is also having a christmas sale, so I went to check out mass effect 3. I thought for $10 even if the ending is trash maybe it's worth it, ME1 and ME2 were fun.

But it's not just $10. It's $10, then $5 for the digital deluxe mega upgrade. OK, fine, maybe I'll buy that and get all the dl....oh, that's not all the DLC, if I want the (story only, not cosmetic crap) DLC I have to pay 4,000 bioware points (on top of the $15 for the mega deluxe edition) because points let them rip you off more. So I look at the point cost and it's $10 for 800 points, so I need to but 5 packs of points and spend $50 more dollars just to get the complete game, bringing the total up to $65 for a 3 year old game.

WTF EA, seriously? Now I remember why I never buy anything from you - I'll just google a video of the major plot points and use my money to buy like 15 other games on steam instead.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93056 on: January 02, 2016, 07:17:01 pm »

Origin

WTF EA

Did you expect anything else?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93057 on: January 02, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

It will show you games you already own if you have, for example, the "game of the year uber edition" and the base game is a separate entry in the steam database. I don't know about the "twice in the same queue" thing though.

Not a different entry. Instead of saying "Add to cart", it said "Play now".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93058 on: January 02, 2016, 10:21:24 pm »

... sometimes it hits you, how far things can escalate. I just noticed, in the game I'm playing, that I just walked up and casually beat to death a larger-than-human, cave adapted velociraptor, which has a bite that flash freezes flesh and a hide that emits acids that are apparently can eat through full plate armor to devour the skin and bone beneath. They're capable of instantaneously leaping about eight times their body length and, though this was just two of them, tend to come in sizable packs.

This is basically my character's normal, now. I started killing green skinned midgets armed with sticks. Literal sticks. Now it's freakish acidraptors with deadly icicle teeth. Is this how you make a living in a fantasy world...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93059 on: January 02, 2016, 10:50:36 pm »

*sigh*
The Common App cannot into saving when exiting.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6202 6203 [6204] 6205 6206 ... 11040