Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6200 6201 [6202] 6203 6204 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445969 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93015 on: January 01, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

How did you accidentally ingest rotten potato sludge?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93016 on: January 01, 2016, 07:42:40 pm »

Rot got inside in a way you couldn't tell without actually cutting into the part in question, and I have a tendency to eat potatoes more or less whole. You take a bite out of half a potato and suddenly there is this faintly indescribable taste in your mouth and the next thing you remember you're over a toilet and distinctly unhappy. Stomach has since become stronger, so the latter half didn't happen with this latest instance of spud horror, but the taste was worse nonetheless.

Forget why I couldn't smell it at the time, though. Potato sludge is usually a pretty distinct stench.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:45:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93017 on: January 01, 2016, 07:42:51 pm »

*shrugs* It's a free forum.
Much appreciated.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93018 on: January 01, 2016, 08:07:11 pm »

So I finally saw the new Star Wars and enjoyed it. The reason it's WTF is that every individual part of it except the raw visuals is, in my opinion, a desperate failure, and yet they all coalesce into something enjoyable. Even the story, which is ridiculous bordering on terrible, somehow works out alright. Am I just giving it too much credit, or is there really some je ne sais quoi that holds it together?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93019 on: January 01, 2016, 08:36:22 pm »

Watched some old Ashens video about canned chicken and he mentioned an image on the internet with a different canned chicken so i decided to look it up...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Totally mouthwatering.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93020 on: January 01, 2016, 08:49:51 pm »

Never trust canned foods.

* Ultimuh thinks of all those times his parents bought canned potatoes when he was little.
* Ultimuh shudders.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93021 on: January 01, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »

Forced family viewing of The Big Bang Theory. How the heck do people watch this show? Especially the later seasons, which appear to have gotten far more...eccentric. The two major plot lines in this episode were:

1.) Main character plays "Words with Friends" with Stephen Hawking. At one point he sits for an hour with the ipad chanting "play your turn" and trying to use "jedi mind tricks" on Stephen Hawking in order to make him play.
2.) Girl character starts a college class, tells boyfriend that she doesn't want him to freak out about it, and that she wants to do the work herself and prove to herself that she can do it. Boyfriend responds by going behind her back, rewriting her paper that's due, and giving it to her.

And they wonder why I get grumpy when I get compared to the characters on the show.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93022 on: January 01, 2016, 08:57:37 pm »

You are so Sheldon!
:P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93023 on: January 01, 2016, 09:01:36 pm »

You are so Sheldon!
:P

[insert death threats here]

[insert obscenities]

It's a serious issue. I even bonded with one of my roommates this year over how both our families are relentless with the Sheldon comparisons.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93024 on: January 01, 2016, 09:21:04 pm »

My Steam client is requiring a restart for an update. The only change in the changelog is... they simply updated the Steam Subscriber Agreement. I don't know why you need a client update for that.

The main change to the SSA, by the way, only appears to affect Europeans; hardware purchases are going through a subsidiary in Luxembourg, while digital content goes through Valve Corp. in the US.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93025 on: January 01, 2016, 09:33:04 pm »

Forced family viewing of The Big Bang Theory. How the heck do people watch this show? Especially the later seasons, which appear to have gotten far more...eccentric. The two major plot lines in this episode were:

1.) Main character plays "Words with Friends" with Stephen Hawking. At one point he sits for an hour with the ipad chanting "play your turn" and trying to use "jedi mind tricks" on Stephen Hawking in order to make him play.
2.) Girl character starts a college class, tells boyfriend that she doesn't want him to freak out about it, and that she wants to do the work herself and prove to herself that she can do it. Boyfriend responds by going behind her back, rewriting her paper that's due, and giving it to her.

And they wonder why I get grumpy when I get compared to the characters on the show.
ZIMBABWE
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93026 on: January 01, 2016, 11:42:50 pm »

I've been on B12 for three and a half years without realizing it. Except i only have ~3200 posts to show for it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93027 on: January 02, 2016, 12:15:21 am »

I don't get it either.  Its like the whole (non)humor of the show is entirely carried by laugh tracks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93028 on: January 02, 2016, 12:38:17 am »

When the room was quiet just now, before I turned on the computer and drowned it out, I was hearing a very faint, rhythmic sound, just outside of hearing, seemingly coming from nowhere in particular.
If I never post again, I was abducted by aliens.  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93029 on: January 02, 2016, 01:13:38 am »

When the room was quiet just now, before I turned on the computer and drowned it out, I was hearing a very faint, rhythmic sound, just outside of hearing, seemingly coming from nowhere in particular.
If I never post again, I was abducted by aliens.  :P
In the back of Egan_BW's brain is a sound unlike any other. Faintly, only at the edges, is a thumping, pulsing rhythm. Oontz oontz oontz oontz
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:15:53 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6200 6201 [6202] 6203 6204 ... 11040