Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6197 6198 [6199] 6200 6201 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445386 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92970 on: December 31, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »

this is the answer you are looking for.
CGP grey video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEYh5WACqEk
Damn, beat me to it.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92971 on: December 31, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »

It should be noted that CGP Grey went Full Diamond for that video, a position which is...decisive, to say the least. I still have yet to get a decently explained countermand to Guns, Germs, and Steel, but just about everyone in the field who doesn't adhere to it hates it without exception, which is not a great sign.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92972 on: December 31, 2015, 07:16:11 pm »

It should be noted that CGP Grey went Full Diamond for that video, a position which is...decisive, to say the least. I still have yet to get a decently explained countermand to Guns, Germs, and Steel, but just about everyone in the field who doesn't adhere to it hates it without exception, which is not a great sign.

Reminds me of that Onion quote making fun of anti-vaxxers.

“Isn’t it kind of suspicious that every credible study on the subject says the same thing?”

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92973 on: December 31, 2015, 07:30:35 pm »

Yeah but it didn't transmit as rapidly as it did among indians. Granted european colonists probably were giving them smallpox ridden blankets from the very begining to accelerate that

This would have required an good understanding of hoe diseases work from random settlers in a time when even scholars and scientists believed diseases spread through bad smelling air and could be fought with perfume and roses. It's much more likely the majority of "infected goods" of any kind would've been given through honest barter with no ill intentions (regardless of whether the barter was fair in itself of course). This is not excusing the time the militiary did use infected blankets of course, but that upper beyond what the average settler could have pulled off. Not to mention that the only way to procure "infected blankets" in a time before medicinal science is to gather blankets from other smallpox victims.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92974 on: December 31, 2015, 08:16:33 pm »

I wonder what Ted Turner thinks about the fact that people still love Captain Planet today... because it is incompetently hilarious.

I mean if I had to give a show that is the physical opposite of Captain Planet that would be Lazy Town.

I can only think of a handful of episodes of Captain Planet that were good for a non-smarmy way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:19:22 pm by Neonivek »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92975 on: December 31, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »

Heard about my cousin's first day on patrol as a police officer today. It was last week, I think, but it was apparently something.

Stopped a speeder, gave him a ticket. Got a call about an OD, and found the house empty, besides the dead body. Was sitting in the patrol car, idling, when some idiot ran at the car with a knife, and got tased for being a fool. And apparently at one point had to break up some amateurs attempting unauthorized autopsies.

I'd have quit right there. That's a fucked up first day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92976 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:11 pm »

Heard about my cousin's first day on patrol as a police officer today. It was last week, I think, but it was apparently something.

Stopped a speeder, gave him a ticket. Got a call about an OD, and found the house empty, besides the dead body. Was sitting in the patrol car, idling, when some idiot ran at the car with a knife, and got tased for being a fool. And apparently at one point had to break up some amateurs attempting unauthorized autopsies.

I'd have quit right there. That's a fucked up first day.
That sounds like a pretty standard day for a cop, honestly.

Edit: Oh, wait, I remembered that I'm from a shithole, and that one of my cop friends is in Detroit. Carry on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:39:08 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92977 on: December 31, 2015, 08:28:56 pm »

unauthorized autopsies.
Is your cousin in a video game and/or crime thriller?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92978 on: December 31, 2015, 08:30:50 pm »

All I know is that the areas he was given the choice to work were all very shitty areas that other officers refuse to work if given the opportunity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92979 on: December 31, 2015, 08:34:23 pm »

Because that's certainly how you want your fresh on the job rookies to start their career.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92980 on: December 31, 2015, 08:46:38 pm »

Because that's certainly how you want your fresh on the job rookies to start their career.
Something something on-the-job training.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92981 on: December 31, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

Something something on-the-job training.
something something red shirt rookies something.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #92982 on: December 31, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »

I think "unauthorized autopsies" is my WTF for the day.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92983 on: December 31, 2015, 09:06:49 pm »

I have no idea about that. I heard it from my nan, who heard it from my uncle, who heard it from my aunt, who heard it from my cousin.

Could have said "attended an autopsy" and it mutated from there. Could have been an intern dicking about when he shouldn't have.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92984 on: January 01, 2016, 12:28:46 am »

... I didn't even know you could fill up the junk bag in the avernum remakes. I... now I know. I guess I should stop looting this bandit fort and go sell stuff...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 6197 6198 [6199] 6200 6201 ... 11040