Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6189 6190 [6191] 6192 6193 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454489 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92850 on: December 28, 2015, 09:51:59 pm »

Alternately, having them on the shelves makes the other products sell better. Is possibility!

Or some other reason. Maybe they ward off vermin (not even the rats will gnaw on skinny jeans!) and keep the other clothes from developing sudden onset moth damage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92851 on: December 28, 2015, 09:56:12 pm »

I was in the Men's section of several stores. Granted, most of them were stuff like Urban Planet, whose Men's areas are barely two shelves, since guys aren't their primary targets. But even Walmart had more shelves full of skinny jeans than "regular fit", as they were labelled.

Walmart always has an odd selection of clothes.  Either the colors are gaudy or they're weird sizes like XXL.

For the most part I only buy socks and shoes from there.  It's hard to screw those up too badly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92852 on: December 28, 2015, 09:57:06 pm »

Jeans that do not have pockets you can fit things into are not jeans I care about. I like my pants I can fit a 3ds into (or similar-sized object).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92853 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:14 pm »

Shopping for pants is hard when stores only seem to have ones designed for guys with legs like giraffes.

Everything only seems to come in slim, skinny, and circulation-blockingly tight. And are all oddly long. I'm not a long-legged person.
I hear you. Pants don't tend to come in "Dwarven Tank" size.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92854 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:40 pm »

The US Surgeon General is actually a vice admiral in a uniformed service which usually wears Navy uniforms, but sometimes Coast Guard uniforms.  This service consists entirely of noncombatant officers and works under the Department of Health and Human Services.  The Assistant Secretary for Health may be an Admiral, or may not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Public_Health_Service_Commissioned_Corps
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92855 on: December 29, 2015, 01:43:43 am »

Why do I feel if the Titanic sank today people would probably invent a conspiracy that it was sunk intentionally because it was "Unsinkable"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic_alternative_theories

I like the one about it being sunk by the mummy's curse.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92856 on: December 29, 2015, 09:07:17 am »

So I had a dream last night where I managed to get a college degree before getting a high school diploma.  Not a bad dream, and that's all I remember about it, except it wasn't the first time I had this dream.  Odd.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92857 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:18 am »

Why do I feel if the Titanic sank today people would probably invent a conspiracy that it was sunk intentionally because it was "Unsinkable"?

If the ship had actually hit the iceberg, the heat from its fuel would have melted the iceberg. Inside job confirmed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92858 on: December 29, 2015, 09:24:23 am »

If the ship had actually hit the iceberg, the heat from its fuel would have melted the iceberg. Inside job confirmed.
SHIP FUEL CANT MELT ICE BERGS! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92859 on: December 29, 2015, 09:33:39 am »

It's almost as bad as the mind-control smoke that comes from ships ;).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92860 on: December 29, 2015, 09:41:10 am »

It's almost as bad as the mind-control smoke that comes from ships ;).
It's just a decoy! The real mind-control agent is liquid, it's spilled from the aft. Ever notice the white, foamy trail behind ships? COINCIDENCE?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92861 on: December 29, 2015, 10:33:53 am »

So it isn't contrails... but conwakes?
In Conway's game of life, a new cell is created with exactly three neighbors.
HL3 CONFIRMED
IT WAKES, IN THE SEA, DON'T YOU SEE?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92862 on: December 29, 2015, 12:50:09 pm »

this is like the most dislikable guy ever: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/12/29/461365287/affluenza-teen-and-his-mother-detained-in-mexico-authorities-say

also why do people think they can flee to Mexico? Mexico will arrest you and ship you right back to America.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92863 on: December 29, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »

Funnily enough it's actually easier to melt steel beams than it is to melt icebergs; water has a huge specific heat value (that's the amount of energy required to raise a fixed amount of the material 1 degree celsius for you non-engineering types), and icebergs are really big. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92864 on: December 29, 2015, 01:03:34 pm »

Funnily enough it's actually easier to melt steel beams than it is to melt icebergs; water has a huge specific heat value (that's the amount of energy required to raise a fixed amount of the material 1 degree celsius for you non-engineering types), and icebergs are really big. :P

Yep, just put an icecube into a fireplace. Surprisingly lasts a while.

MOSTLY it is also because Ice protects itself from heat.
Pages: 1 ... 6189 6190 [6191] 6192 6193 ... 11040