Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6188 6189 [6190] 6191 6192 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456384 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92835 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »

Shopping for pants is hard when stores only seem to have ones designed for guys with legs like giraffes.

Everything only seems to come in slim, skinny, and circulation-blockingly tight. And are all oddly long. I'm not a long-legged person.
Stop being me, dangit! I've found that pants only ever come in either 'legs are alright but I'm drowning in fabric' or 'circulation? what are you, a pussy?' sizes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92836 on: December 28, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »

I, for one, despise skinny jeans/pants/stuff, and I have fairly long, rather thing legs too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92837 on: December 28, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »

I also have long legs, and the jeans I wear are fairly skinny, though there's still plenty of space between the fabric and my legs. I don't see how any human can live with jeans that hug their legs and/or turn them purple. How would you put anything in your pockets?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92838 on: December 28, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »

Simple. The pockets are fake on a fair number of skinny jeans.

Why? My guesses are either to make you buy handbags made by the same company or for the glory of the Devil.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92839 on: December 28, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »

I'd guess option B.

I certainly don't want skinny jeans, but I'd rather not wear XXXL clothing-for-elephants either, and the middle ground is surprisingly hard to find.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92840 on: December 28, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »

Just turn up the trouser legs?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92841 on: December 28, 2015, 07:54:14 pm »

If it were socially acceptable and meteorologically viable, I would wear the loosest of robery. Most of my stuff is already fairly loose, and if I could make it looser without it falling off and/or being a complete fashion disaster, I totally, totally would. Form obscuring and floaty are my favorite clothing styles. I like to swish and be able to comfortably hide a kukuri and/or shotgun in my sleeves.

Sadly, society does not approve of loose and form covering clothing, nor have I yet gotten around to figuring out the fabric required to be able to wear something like that in somewhere like florida without dying or having to cannibalize a computer's cooling system for personal use.

And you can do that, gig, but the metaphorical upturned noses you'd receive doing so in anything but the least formal of situations renders it... let's call it "socially unwise".
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92842 on: December 28, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »

My parents suddenly decided to take a ride to NYC. Said they'll be back around 2AM. I still don't know how my mother is going to be awake to take me to work tomorrow morning.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92843 on: December 28, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »

If it were socially acceptable and meteorologically viable, I would wear the loosest of robery. Most of my stuff is already fairly loose, and if I could make it looser without it falling off and/or being a complete fashion disaster, I totally, totally would. Form obscuring and floaty are my favorite clothing styles. I like to swish and be able to comfortably hide a kukuri and/or shotgun in my sleeves.

Sadly, society does not approve of loose and form covering clothing, nor have I yet gotten around to figuring out the fabric required to be able to wear something like that in somewhere like florida without dying or having to cannibalize a computer's cooling system for personal use.

And you can do that, gig, but the metaphorical upturned noses you'd receive doing so in anything but the least formal of situations renders it... let's call it "socially unwise".

I wouldn't have thought it'd be all that unacceptable or massively noticeable to casual glance. Some trousers come with it, anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92844 on: December 28, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »

Hemming's a bit different than rolling up your pants leg :P

May have just been dialect mismatch. Hemmed pants are, indeed, pretty alright. The impromptu version is notably more... notable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92845 on: December 28, 2015, 08:21:28 pm »

Simple. The pockets are fake on a fair number of skinny jeans.

Why? My guesses are either to make you buy handbags made by the same company or for the glory of the Devil.
That's standard issue for women's clothing. Which skinny jeans are. Just sayin'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92846 on: December 28, 2015, 08:22:50 pm »

Skinny jeans are alright, in my opinion.
Then again, my legs are thin enough that they don't really cut off my circulation at all. I guess I've never actually had the real skinny jeans experience. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92847 on: December 28, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »

I was in the Men's section of several stores. Granted, most of them were stuff like Urban Planet, whose Men's areas are barely two shelves, since guys aren't their primary targets. But even Walmart had more shelves full of skinny jeans than "regular fit", as they were labelled.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92848 on: December 28, 2015, 08:32:38 pm »

Hemming's a bit different than rolling up your pants leg :P

May have just been dialect mismatch. Hemmed pants are, indeed, pretty alright. The impromptu version is notably more... notable.
I think this is a case of dialogue conflict, yeah. Turning them up is different here to rolling them up. One is hemming and the other is, well, rolling.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92849 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:37 pm »

But even Walmart had more shelves full of skinny jeans than "regular fit", as they were labelled.
Either they need to get rid of them because they don't sell or the same people need a constant supply.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 6188 6189 [6190] 6191 6192 ... 11040