Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6186 6187 [6188] 6189 6190 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454523 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92805 on: December 27, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »

Hail IS a summer thing, but the suddenly 40 degrees cooler is not normal.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

blazing glory

« Reply #92806 on: December 28, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

Christmas Specials.

If any of your ever become (or already are) a producer or whatever it is and you make a television series with Christmas Specials in it, please put something somewhere on the case that tells you what season it came after. (Special 1 is between season's 1 and 2, etc.)

I really hate having to look at Wikipedia to tell which one comes after which.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92807 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:54 am »

Why do I feel if the Titanic sank today people would probably invent a conspiracy that it was sunk intentionally because it was "Unsinkable"?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92808 on: December 28, 2015, 01:33:21 am »

I'm pretty sure the conspiracy would come more from there being a book published twenty years prior that almost perfectly described the sinking of a legendary unsinkable ship called the Titan in the same way as the Titanic did.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92809 on: December 28, 2015, 01:43:16 am »

Why do I feel if the Titanic sank today people would probably invent a conspiracy that it was sunk intentionally because it was "Unsinkable"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic_alternative_theories

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92811 on: December 28, 2015, 02:32:27 am »

Apparently this is a MIDI file found in Windows. No idea why it's there.

It is there to test MIDI playback with a universal file that every machine has. There's two others in there that exist for the same purpose.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92812 on: December 28, 2015, 09:44:11 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Estonia#Allegations_of_Military_Connection
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92813 on: December 28, 2015, 12:31:49 pm »

New bicycle seems to be a bust. I get on it, and the tire drops about half an inch. It's not air pressure, I put air into it. When attempting to ride it, it doesn't get any real speed, and I have it in 7th gear. I did notice that the chain is on the two smallest gears, and while my bike knowledge is not perfect, I would assume that in the highest gears, it'd be on the largest gears.

All this may because it's a mountain bike, not a street bike.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm on a library computer at the moment(since I don't have a printer at home). Once again, they've locked out the volume controls, meaning I can't mute this slow piece of crap.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:45:27 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92814 on: December 28, 2015, 01:02:45 pm »

The most difficult gears are small in the back, large in the front.  Large chainrings, small cogs = hardest pedaling.
It's normal for mountain bike tires to deform a bit, but it should have enough air in it that you can't make the rim "hit" the ground (through the tire), even by throwing your weight on the back wheel.  The pressure is written on the tire somewhere, probably 50-60 PSI for a mountain bike.  Sometimes 40 but eh.

Putting more air in may help with the speed, in general more air = less rolling resistance.  But since it's a mountain bike there's only so much you can do.  You don't want to overinflate, either, which sucks if you don't have a pump with a meter...  Apparently gas station pumps tend to cap at 80psi which is probably dangerously high for a mountain bike tire.  Some do 100psi which is normal for street bike tires, but right out for mountain bikes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92815 on: December 28, 2015, 01:17:09 pm »

Yeah, you'll get a heck of a lot more speed out of it with a higher gear ratio.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92816 on: December 28, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

The calendar says December, the weather says April.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92817 on: December 28, 2015, 03:06:17 pm »

The pressure is written on the tire somewhere, probably 50-60 PSI for a mountain bike.  Sometimes 40 but eh.

That... seems like a lot. I do have a compressor with a gauge, but I'm not sure if I actually trust the readout. The tire felt pretty inflated when the thing read 20 PSI, and my old bike was usually good around 24 PSI. I generally play it by feel.

I'll probably take another go at it next week or so, assuming winter doesn't realize it's supposed to be winter and catches up by dumping 10 feet of snow all at once. It's an especial pain in the ass to mount it, since I had to raise the seat to get the basket attachment onto it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92818 on: December 28, 2015, 03:10:39 pm »

The calendar says December, the weather says April.

Never before have I been so glad to see a weather forecast for 32o weather.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92819 on: December 28, 2015, 03:20:53 pm »

The pressure is written on the tire somewhere, probably 50-60 PSI for a mountain bike.  Sometimes 40 but eh.

That... seems like a lot. I do have a compressor with a gauge, but I'm not sure if I actually trust the readout. The tire felt pretty inflated when the thing read 20 PSI, and my old bike was usually good around 24 PSI. I generally play it by feel.

I'll probably take another go at it next week or so, assuming winter doesn't realize it's supposed to be winter and catches up by dumping 10 feet of snow all at once. It's an especial pain in the ass to mount it, since I had to raise the seat to get the basket attachment onto it.

Usually the tire's recommended pressure is printed on it, if you look closely.  Off the top of my head mine's 40-65 PSI, and it's an ordinary bicycle.
Pages: 1 ... 6186 6187 [6188] 6189 6190 ... 11040