Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6183 6184 [6185] 6186 6187 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456212 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92760 on: December 26, 2015, 10:02:02 am »

... are you sure? I guess it could just not have rolled out to my area by now or somethin' (which would be incredibly strange, considering we're basically in the same area insofar as that stuff goes), but I just checked a couple videos and it's... not doing that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92761 on: December 26, 2015, 10:06:15 am »

Youtube also targets people to experience their designs asymmetrically, so it proves nothing. I'm sure, I've gone back and checked videos I know don't have those borders otherwise. It just started happening out of the blue about ten minutes ago.

Further investigation has shown that it happens to different degrees on different videos, it appears to be some kind of new ratio restriction.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:11:10 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92762 on: December 26, 2015, 10:11:53 am »

... sucks to be you, then :V
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92763 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:47 am »

Has there been a Christmas dubstep yet?

Dunno, but have some Christmas Industry Synth.
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92764 on: December 26, 2015, 02:26:05 pm »

Downloaded Hearthstone to my new phone. Discovered that after that, I only had 550mb left of storage.

Hearthstone is nearly four bloody gigabytes.

I get that it's a pretty fancy phone game, but really? Couldn't Blizzard have cut ANY of that for the phone version?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92765 on: December 26, 2015, 02:34:17 pm »

Probably not. Its more of a fancy tablet game anyway, unless you are Small Hand Guy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92766 on: December 26, 2015, 04:03:29 pm »

I can't seem to log in to my email today. I hope it wasn't hacked again.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92767 on: December 26, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »

That fiasco with Steam yesterday might have something to do with it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92768 on: December 26, 2015, 04:29:55 pm »

I don't know why steam would know my email password.

It does however look like it may be the work of the same people who hacked into my email AND steam accounts last time though, as they were definitely russian speaking (apparently the steam issue yesterday changed all the page titles to russian in addition to the security issues). I think that one happened from the other direction though, wiyh my email password being used to gain access to the email account I used to use for steam password recovery. I've since changed that password and switched to using a different email account with steam. The email account currently adsociated with steam seems to still be secure.

The really annoying thing is that the customer service people for my primary email seem to be out for christmas, so I don;t know when I'm gonna be able to fix this.

EDIT:
RELATED QUESTION:
How do I report a person or group to steam for TOS violations and general douchey behavior? I found a group on steam that seems to be affiliated with another website (Youhack) that previously published my old email password on their forum.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 04:36:23 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #92769 on: December 26, 2015, 04:37:59 pm »

Youtube also targets people to experience their designs asymmetrically, so it proves nothing.

Makes sense, they have lots of tracking of how people use YouTube going on. So if they tweak something for a bunch of people they can compare how they use YouTube compared to people without the change, and thus decide whether it's a good change to make or not and won't have a bad impact or break anything. Sure, a small percentage of users may get a sub-optimal experience for a bit but that's better than batching a bunch of dramatic changes together with no idea if they'll actually work under real-world situations and real-world load.

People can argue design theory until the cows come home, but without real world numbers to back it up that's just design masturbation. It means nothing, hence progressive and testing releases like that which allow them to gather information to make informed decisions. And when doing a release, no matter how thorough your QA and automated testing is, you simply can't reliably simulate real world traffic or real-world users. So even after all that testing, you still need to do a gradual release so you can stop it if something goes wrong.

Most big sites do a similar thing nowadays for similar reasons. Only way to work at scale.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 04:44:43 pm by MorleyDev »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92770 on: December 26, 2015, 04:54:42 pm »

That fiasco with Steam yesterday might have something to do with it.

All tthey could have gotten from that is the email name.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #92771 on: December 26, 2015, 04:56:31 pm »

So got some Ted Baker smelly stuff for Christmas. "Finely tuned fusion of pink pepper, cardamom, tobacco and vanilla notes"...Okay, questions.
A) Why is the smell of tobacco a selling point? Who wants to smell of tobacco?
B) Why is the end result that I now smell like cinnamon?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92772 on: December 26, 2015, 05:15:52 pm »

And... C) Pink pepper?

As for the tobacco smell, non-burnt tobacco probably smells different from burnt tobacco.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92773 on: December 26, 2015, 05:53:38 pm »

It does, from what I recall of being around folks that smoked the loose stuff. Don't quite remember what it was like, but it definitely wasn't near as godawful as the smell of the smoke.

Chewing kind still smells pretty bad, for what it's worth. They do stuff to that, though, iirc. If the material used is just the raw leaf, it probably isn't as bad.
Ask not!
Ask!

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #92774 on: December 26, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »

I assume the intend is to create a 'rugged manly' smell (So nothing like how I should smell really xD). But the end result is it mostly just smells like delicious cinnamon.
Pages: 1 ... 6183 6184 [6185] 6186 6187 ... 11040