Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6170 6171 [6172] 6173 6174 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449881 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92565 on: December 23, 2015, 12:23:02 am »

Yea I have taken a few slots of that VTO from time to time when I could get it.  When on the clock we are expected to be at the computers all the time, sometimes the queue bugs out and even though you know there's a 10 minute 'idle time' you do have to be there if a call comes in anyway.

And while they do a very good job of keeping that from being an issue, you are indeed not obligated (or even allowed to actually) to come back on shift if it suddenly gets busy and yer on VTO.  Usually that only happens with a big outage somewhere or if netflix or PSN decide to go down during primetime.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92566 on: December 23, 2015, 01:07:02 am »

I have no idea how long I played Civ II today but it was several hours at the very least.

I am unsure if getting this was a good or a bad thing.
Good thing. Very good thing. I haven't played any Civ with a friend recently... Which sucks, because I got CIVIV and all the expansions-Thus I want to play it with someone.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92567 on: December 23, 2015, 01:13:48 am »

I have no idea how long I played Civ II today but it was several hours at the very least.

I am unsure if getting this was a good or a bad thing.
Good thing. Very good thing. I haven't played any Civ with a friend recently... Which sucks, because I got CIVIV and all the expansions-Thus I want to play it with someone.

I uninstalled Civ V a couple days ago...it's way too much of a time sink.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92568 on: December 23, 2015, 01:16:13 am »

Administration responds in an amusing way.  The page is now programmed to have a gif of Dennis Nedry saying "Uh Uh Uh, you didn't say the magic word." come up instead of the vto page if a person accesses the page more than 3 times in 2 minutes.   It caused an uproar of people complaining how it's so unfair and that they might as well stop giving VTO out if they are doing that.  Some even threaten to quit.
Ahahaha, I'm not sure what's funnier.  The anti-cheating system, or that reaction.
Reminds me of Ingress players who almost all use this 3rd party map system, IITC, which polls the servers for data that isn't in the official map.  It gives massive tactical advantage, but Google doesn't condone it and keeps it off the app store.  Yet don't you dare call it cheating...  How can it be cheating when everyone uses it?  ::)

They used to change the API occasionally, the game is an open beta after all, which often "broke" IITC.  People got so pissed off.  It'd be like complaining about Toady breaking "Dwarf Therapist"...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92569 on: December 23, 2015, 01:29:50 am »

...So catborgs are rapidly becoming a Thing in the Corrupt A Wish thread.

All after a one-off about a pair of headphones.
You have no clue how much fun it is to watch you all squirm and utterly fail to corrupt my RP about being Cthulhu's unknowing catborg girlfriend.

I have no regrets about my headphone wish.
I kinda want to make an SG out of it...
I'd play.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92570 on: December 23, 2015, 01:30:02 am »

Tried alternative way of socializing. Went into some philosophical club in local library. The theme of discussion was the changes in educational system.
Before everything started, tried talking with some guy about, how stuff usually goes here, what are the usual topics, etc?
This dude suddenly changed discussion to : do you feel joy rising in you about war in Syria and our motherland showing off military might and reshaping the monopolar world into bipolar one? And that it would be pretty nice for our jets to shoot down some nato planes, preferably french. ( and it turns out this warloving guy is professionally teaching people history and has phd in philosophy, and he did spend 30 years in military )
Then the event started :
- this same dude opens the discussion with how everything is awful and then moves to telling, that marxism and christianity are the same thing, as teachings of Marx are less about politics and more about spiritual growth, and god exists, and quantum mechanics are just the proof of that. And the factory workers were getting 5 times more then army  officers in imperial russia and communists ruined everything.
The room blows up with thunderous applauding.
- then is the turn of history teacher, he starts with neolitic revolution changing the human life( well, that is pretty right), tells about pyramid of Maslow as wrong concept in context of russian culture, as russian civilization is actually all about spirit and not that much about matter, then  goes blaming western consumeristic society for enforcing its consumeristic values on our nonconsumeristic 500% spiritual culture - applauding
- third speaker is some female student who instead of speech reads some patriotic poetry about proudly carrying the flag of motherland now matter what. However, everyone is applauding, despite the fact, that she just cheated them by reading one verse instead of giving the speech about changes in education.
- stuff goes on in same manner, during opening discussion said philosophy doctor and history professor uses his phd and job status as proof of him being right.

Really wtf? ???

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92571 on: December 23, 2015, 01:31:56 am »

It'd be like complaining about Toady breaking "Dwarf Therapist"...

(they sometimes do)

(and then people thank peredexiserrant for updating it)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92572 on: December 23, 2015, 01:37:12 am »

Really wtf? ???
They sound like a fun and rational group of people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92573 on: December 23, 2015, 02:24:49 am »

First dude sounds like he was too into Marx. Second dude sounds he was too into Tolstoy. The chick sounds like she was too into dudes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92574 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:40 am »

Really wtf? ???
WTF indeed, I don't think I've ever met such a big concentration of crazy all in one place. I mean, outside of Internet.
._.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92575 on: December 23, 2015, 03:34:38 am »

You need only go to a Tea Party meeting. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92576 on: December 23, 2015, 06:21:53 am »

Thinking about Fallout makes me imagine and want liquorice, since I once ate half a kilo of the stuff while playing. This longing is almost disconcertingly strong. But I am also hungry in general so maybe that will get less bad.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92577 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:01 am »

Thinking about Fallout makes me imagine and want liquorice, since I once ate half a kilo of the stuff while playing. This longing is almost disconcertingly strong. But I am also hungry in general so maybe that will get less bad.
Playing New Vegas made me want to gamble...

I think there might be some grain of reason to why they don't allow drugs and sex in children games.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92578 on: December 23, 2015, 09:03:14 am »

So when I booted up my home computer this morning I couldn't get online because of some DNS error I haven't seen before and don't know how to fix.  I'm at work now but it'll still be waiting for me when I get back home.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92579 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:22 am »

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:32:46 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 6170 6171 [6172] 6173 6174 ... 11040