Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 [6169] 6170 6171 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452354 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92520 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:42 pm »

Are we thinking of the same droidikas? The rolling ones with personal shields and rapid-fire blasters? My impression was that short of brute-force TKing them a Jedi had little to no counter against destroyer droids.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92521 on: December 22, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »

... no, that was me getting the names mixed up. The stupid walking ones, I meant :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92522 on: December 22, 2015, 01:57:26 pm »

Are we thinking of the same droidikas? The rolling ones with personal shields and rapid-fire blasters? My impression was that short of brute-force TKing them a Jedi had little to no counter against destroyer droids.

All they'd have to do is parry or avoid their shots long enough to get behind them, then saber them until the shield dropped. They turn ridiculously slow when deployed.

(As evidence, star wars battlefront 1, where I could take a missile launcher clone or emp jetpack clone, and basically dodge/roll behind them, and once behind them they were fucked - if they un deployed the shield dropped. If they didn't I would knock it down, and they couldn't turn as fast as I could circle-strafe)

(their being so easy to kill is why they were so rarely played)

Fake edit: Damnit Frumple. *posts anyways*
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92523 on: December 22, 2015, 02:15:33 pm »

All they'd have to do is parry or avoid their shots long enough to get behind them, then saber them until the shield dropped. They turn ridiculously slow when deployed.

(As evidence, star wars battlefront 1, where I could take a missile launcher clone or emp jetpack clone, and basically dodge/roll behind them, and once behind them they were fucked - if they un deployed the shield dropped. If they didn't I would knock it down, and they couldn't turn as fast as I could circle-strafe)
From what I remember, in the movies it was implied that you either couldn't sword their shields or that they would turn to you faster than you can do that. And games have to be balanced, you know.
._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92524 on: December 22, 2015, 02:27:43 pm »

From what I remember, in the movies it was implied that you either couldn't sword their shields or that they would turn to you faster than you can do that. And games have to be balanced, you know.
Plus, as proven by the rest of the movies, deflecting shots from even the basic battle droids was never a sure thing. Trying to get close to one or more of these would be an insane risk. Far better to fall back and try to ambush the droid while the shield is down.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92525 on: December 22, 2015, 03:25:47 pm »

What I find funny is how much Star Wars fiction does MUCH better at handling what Jedi are then all the movies and videogames pretty much combined.

The Jedi are powerful and extremely skilled... but not unbeatable.

Shotguns, stunguns, and other methods are quite effective at taking them down.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92526 on: December 22, 2015, 03:32:57 pm »

Also remote-detonated explosive charges.

But yeah, most reliable way to take down a saber-user? Scattergun, as Neo said, with a wide spread. You've got to be ballsy enough to get close enough to use the equivalent of a sawed-off on a guy with a plasma sword, but they can't block all the shot unless they're already top-tier with their force powers and reflexes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92527 on: December 22, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »

Get a flamethrower. Win.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92528 on: December 22, 2015, 03:44:51 pm »

Jedi throws his lightsaber at your fuel tank, blowing you up before you can get close.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92529 on: December 22, 2015, 03:49:36 pm »

Or if he's a dark sort, blasts you with lightning; same result, less chance of losing his lightsaber in the explosion.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92530 on: December 22, 2015, 03:50:35 pm »

What if a stealthy droid assassin were to employ a flamethrower against a Jedi meatbag?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92531 on: December 22, 2015, 03:51:00 pm »

Nothing says stealthy like a flamethrower
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92532 on: December 22, 2015, 04:13:56 pm »

Nothing says stealthy like a flamethrower
Explosions are clearly the most stealthy of weapons. You can't hear anything over them after all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92533 on: December 22, 2015, 04:25:30 pm »

What if a stealthy droid assassin were to employ a flamethrower against a Jedi meatbag?
Dunno if it's what they used, but there was a droid bounty hunter or two with several dozen jedi kills under their belt, iirc, not even talking the meatbag yammering one. They've obviously got something that works :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92534 on: December 22, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

Seems like slipping some poison into his/her drink, and having a droid deliver it (to prevent sensing nervousness or whatever)would be an easy option.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 [6169] 6170 6171 ... 11040