Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6165 6166 [6167] 6168 6169 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456265 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92490 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:43 am »

It's a shame, too, because it would have been a brilliant redemption of the original trilogy. Not enough to make up for all the sins, but a hell of a lot of them nonetheless.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92491 on: December 22, 2015, 12:36:14 am »

An Intel installer insists that it cannot possibly install the wireless drivers for my machine because the installer requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

I was running Service Pack 1.

But it turns out not to matter because the installer secretly installed them anyway. Kept throwing up the message, of course.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92492 on: December 22, 2015, 01:44:24 am »

Wow I so rarely seen, in fiction, seen a villain go from doing a sort of unreasonable or "based on reason" power play that transformed into a completely justified power play because the good guys are stupid.

I'd repeat the situation but I bring up male and female stuff too much... lets just say the guys in power try to speak for the women and dismiss their opinions.

I now need to see this phenomenon again. O_o it was just so stunning.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:46:23 am by Neonivek »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92493 on: December 22, 2015, 05:26:19 am »

Sigh.

We got new snake repellers the other day. They get put in the ground and vibrate every so often because snakes hate vibrations they stay away from them. We dug holes to stick them into then we packed the dirt back around the repellers.

Since putting them in we have gotten 3 snakes. Our neighbors have had one each. (I am only counting the ones that were actually noticed by people, snakes are sneaky fuckers)

Heavy rain where I live and we just discovered that in the act of digging holes for these repellers we (read: my stepdad) busted a pipe. Now because it's raining all the water that is collected from everywhere on our farm goes through one pipe to the house which is, you guessed it, the broken one. It is terrifying.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92495 on: December 22, 2015, 05:31:38 am »

We got new snake repellers the other day. They get put in the ground and vibrate every so often because snakes hate vibrations they stay away from them.

Um, that sounds like a snake attractor, not a repellant.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92496 on: December 22, 2015, 05:32:37 am »

We got new snake repellers the other day. They get put in the ground and vibrate every so often because snakes hate vibrations they stay away from them.

Um, that sounds like a snake attractor, not a repellant.

http://www.oakent.com.au/1372%20repeller.JPG

EDIT: Also, just googled it, a bunch of people say they don't even work
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:36:12 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92497 on: December 22, 2015, 05:57:20 am »

I just discovered a bluegrass band well-known enough to be on Vevo. :o

Edit: Well, I guess some of their songs seem to be sorta pop-bluegrass (since when is that a thing?!) but it's still awesome.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:02:26 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92498 on: December 22, 2015, 08:05:26 am »

Two things:

Electro Gospel Funk and...

Orange soda is more potent, by several orders of magnitude noless, than energy drinks or coffee.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92499 on: December 22, 2015, 08:32:16 am »

I was just listening to two songs at once and didn't realise it until I happened to tab over and realise stuff was playing from Youtube when as far as I knew I was only listening to Spotify at that moment- well, actually it took me a long moment before I realised 'Hang on, who the heck even is this band? Youtube Autoplay, what have you done to me?!" I thought it was just a really abstract, noise-drenched part of the song... it actually sounded pretty cool.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92500 on: December 22, 2015, 08:39:30 am »

I was just listening to two songs at once
For some fucked up reason I can't do that. Whenever I hear two different songs at the same time I get really uncomfortable and start to feel nauseated within seconds. It's a real WTF.

It's curious it only happens with songs. I can watch the tv and have some background music on the pc while working/playing (both devices are in the bedroom), but if for some reason the tv channel starts playing songs I'm forced to either stop the music on the pc or put headphones.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:52:37 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92501 on: December 22, 2015, 08:41:50 am »

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:35:56 am by penguinofhonor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92502 on: December 22, 2015, 08:59:21 am »

I was just listening to two songs at once
For some fucked up reason I can't do that. Whenever I hear two different songs at the same time I get really uncomfortable and start to feel nauseated within seconds. It's a real WTF.

Nah, that's normal.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92503 on: December 22, 2015, 09:07:02 am »

My shoes are in awful condition but I don't want to get out my new ones just yet because it's supposed to rain quite a bit in the next few days and I'd rather not risk the new shoes getting damaged by it.  My legs and back ache a little.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92504 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:31 am »

If I realise two separate songs are playing I will generally stop it (well, apart from a bit of morbid fascination/sonic experimentation), but in this case I was not familiar with either of the songs and so did not know what they were supposed to sound like. I thought it was just heavily-distorted, droning part of the song with an incredibly fuzzy wall of sound- not an uncommon thing in the (sub)genre I was listening to. I can't tell if any of that made a lick of sense, I am hella* high right now.
*Translation: very.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6165 6166 [6167] 6168 6169 ... 11040