Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6148 6149 [6150] 6151 6152 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445859 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92235 on: December 18, 2015, 12:57:44 pm »

So yeah. American English is actually proper English. Suck it, England.

Ehhh?

Have you forgotten Noah Webster?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92236 on: December 18, 2015, 01:21:23 pm »

How does Canada bottles the air? I can't stop but picturing this skinny, bearded old guy lazily coming out from his cabin in the middle of a forest with an big empty plastic bottle of Coca-Cola in his had, then he takes a few steps in his yard, looks to his right, then his left and have a half sigh after a deep breath, pause and then with a raspy, calm and wisdom filled voice mutters to himself "yep, this batch is ready". Then he proceeds to hold the bottle up, close the cap of the bottle, stamp a big label that says "To China" and put it into his mailbox. Slowly walking back to his cabin complain about "nuff work for today".
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:24:30 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92237 on: December 18, 2015, 01:26:45 pm »

That does sound amazing, I want to believe.
What seems weird though is that it would be cheaper to ship in compressed air from other countries instead of scrubbing and compressing local air.  Hopefully it's full of pine forest scent or something.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92238 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:07 pm »

I feel like chucking a shrimp on the barbie and masticating a steak now.

That's always a weird one. I've never ever heard an Australian use the word shrimp unless they were making a joke of it. Isn't calling prawns shrimps an American thing in the 1st place?

P.S. I hope your note masticating the steak in polite company. No-one wants to see or hear that kind of shit.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:07:19 pm by wobbly »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92239 on: December 18, 2015, 02:17:12 pm »

It's compressed air, isn't it?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92240 on: December 18, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

You can't decide what makes a valid language around the Cold War. It's over. Let go.

There's probably more speakers of pidjin English than all English English dialects put together though.

comparing pidjin english to english english is like comparing every cat species to dachshunds

there's a shitload of pidjins

also saying there's a "correct" or "better" dialect of english is only describable as "straight racist, bro"

anyway, five nights at freddy's novel came out early

they're really bad at releasing on time

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #92241 on: December 18, 2015, 03:01:27 pm »

anyway, five nights at freddy's novel came out early

they're really bad at releasing on time
I was about to ask why this exists but then I realized that the series hasn't so much as been milked as it has had all its juices vacuumed out and sold.
i mean for fuck's sake wasn't there some movie or something too?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92242 on: December 18, 2015, 03:06:47 pm »

Honestly they are starting to put pokemon to shame with their milking...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92243 on: December 18, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »

That does sound amazing, I want to believe.
What seems weird though is that it would be cheaper to ship in compressed air from other countries instead of scrubbing and compressing local air.  Hopefully it's full of pine forest scent or something.
Same reason as why it's cheaper to ship in $0.05 plastic trinkets from China than it is to make them natively. Mass shipping is a damned efficient tool for helping to cut costs when combined with extant infrastructure/industry/cheap labor.

Possibly also because it's intended to be a luxury product, i.e. the same reason that China has $22 fancy bottles of PBR.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92244 on: December 18, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »

also saying there's a "correct" or "better" dialect of english is only describable as "straight racist, bro"

No, not really, but possibly linguist.

Saying English is proper English because that's where the English are isn't either, though, it's just observing the fact that other kinds of English are other kinds of English.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92245 on: December 18, 2015, 05:25:23 pm »

Turns out one of my coworkers was... well I'd say he was selling store property under the table, but it was probably the tables he was selling.

I also found out that my stepdad's idiot son has a friend who tried to hide from some drug dealers at our place... at a time where said idiot son was somewhere else, hiding from the same drug dealers. Idiot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92246 on: December 18, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »

I have been on the same stretch of road for an hour! -_- black ice on the highway exit. A salt truck is currently driving up to fix it hopefully. And this after an hour long traffic jam. Snowstorm jus F ed everything up. I have moved literly 100 feet long the last hour. And apparently their is a 50 car pileup on the highway! WTF why did I have to come home today!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92247 on: December 18, 2015, 06:03:56 pm »

Bleeding nose, dislocated shoulder, bruised balls and a detention to boot
The fuck do you get a detention for getting beaten up?
It's because our school has a zero tolerance policy on sex-related matters (ie the pickup line)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92248 on: December 18, 2015, 06:08:46 pm »

Wait, who beat him up?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92249 on: December 18, 2015, 06:10:32 pm »

So you could get suspended if you were to, let's say, quote Weird Al? "I wanna be your love torpedo, are you picking up the subtle innuendo here?"  ???
Pages: 1 ... 6148 6149 [6150] 6151 6152 ... 11040