Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461830 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91995 on: December 15, 2015, 12:51:33 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking it would be the jurdicision of wherever it origionated from. Though this one would be even more of a mess because of the sheer scale and legal ramifications.

Whoever did it must be really really dumb......

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91996 on: December 15, 2015, 12:57:13 pm »

How many "Syrians" are in Frankfurt these days?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91997 on: December 15, 2015, 01:12:31 pm »

How many "Syrians" are in Frankfurt these days?

Given the fact that the NYC one had 'allah' mispelled, it doesn't sound like it would be anybody that is actually muslim.

The one in LA sounds different, but having both districts get that kind of thing at the same time seems like a rather huge coincidence. It's not outside the realm of possibility that some idiot saw the LA thing and decided to do one at the same time. I have no knowledge on the actual timing of the threats though.

Still kind of a big WTF regardless.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91998 on: December 15, 2015, 01:56:26 pm »

I don't use eBay that often. I occasionally use it to sell textbooks that I don't need anymore, since I'll get nothing if I try to use the Book Buyback service (Less than ten bucks for a book that I paid $80 for originally, thanks but no thanks).

eBay's website is atrocious. It's unacceptable for a modern website, period. All the controls are tiny, the text is tiny, there's fields for both "product description" and "item specifics", where one or the other would suffice (the purpose of "item specifics" is already covered by "item condition"). Whenever you ask eBay to generate an item listing for you, it fails on anything but the most well-known of items. For "Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology: 9th Edition", it picked the summary for "As The River Runs", a novel about a river in the Australian outback..... with a small footnote about the lab manual tacked on the end.

And everything is slow. So, so slow. Unacceptably slow. My connection's fairly average, it shouldn't have trouble on a site as big and public as eBay and yet everything is spinning loading symbols.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91999 on: December 15, 2015, 02:16:08 pm »

...Odds of them being German increasing...
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92000 on: December 15, 2015, 02:22:02 pm »

...Odds of them being German increasing...

Yeah, the LA one is apparently traced to Germany as well.

I'm guessing an idiot teenager who thought it would be funny to do that and thinking they wouldn't get charged just because they aren't in the US.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92001 on: December 15, 2015, 03:21:42 pm »

Discovered Korpiklaani. Never been into metal but :o

Also, I has an idea about a secret santa for someone I know quite well and yet have no idea what to buy.

Does anyone know how one would gt a program for buying one item for less than £1 every day for five days on amazon, and mailing it to somebody's address?
Yes!
But I don't remember the name.

Also it would be $1 not £1 I think.  But there's an xkcd that had this very premise and someone made it a real thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92002 on: December 15, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »

bobcatinabox.com is the site you seek.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92003 on: December 15, 2015, 03:23:57 pm »

Thank you.
I wasn't SURE that was it and I didn't want to give someone the wrong name.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92004 on: December 15, 2015, 03:40:03 pm »

Was speaking with english only speaking friend through skype about WW2, after I named operation Uranus he began laughing about, how Stalin named offensive operation. Really, what is so funny about deity from times of antiquity? ???

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92005 on: December 15, 2015, 03:43:08 pm »

It's commonly pronounced the same as "your anus".
Which is silly, butt...  My family used to joke about it so much that I have to pronounce it "your an us" nowadays to keep from being distracted.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92006 on: December 15, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »

Well... no it really isn't :P

Your Rhymes with Lore

Ur rhymes with Cur

I don't know many people who pronounce the Ur as Yore.

The Anis as "anis" instead of "Anis" depends on the person.... But no one actually puts in that "u" sound made to complete it.

In otherwords it is a "six sounds like sex" situation where someone told the joke enough times people believe them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:04:05 pm by Neonivek »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92007 on: December 15, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »

Plenty of people in English speaking countries that don't drag out their vowels like they do they television series will contract 'your' to rhyme with 'cur'.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92008 on: December 15, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »

I have diarrhea. My parent's solution for this is to give me laxatives, then yell at me when I point this out to them. When I refuse to drink the laxative I am yelled at to 'Fucking drink it now'
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92009 on: December 15, 2015, 04:07:48 pm »

I have diarrhea. My parent's solution for this is to give me laxatives, then yell at me when I point this out to them. When I refuse to drink the laxative I am yelled at to 'Fucking drink it now'

Is it Milk of Magnesia? I know there is a medicine that fixes diarrhea but is a laxative if you drink beyond that amount.
Pages: 1 ... 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 ... 11040