Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6123 6124 [6125] 6126 6127 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467327 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91860 on: December 13, 2015, 01:56:15 am »

That said, I do miss the sieges of yore.

there was a bug, it's fixed now, sieges are fine mostly

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91861 on: December 13, 2015, 01:57:22 am »

That said, I do miss the sieges of yore.

there was a bug, it's fixed now, sieges are fine mostly
Yeah, that's what I've heard, which is why I'm going to update... whenever I get around to it, I suppose.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91862 on: December 13, 2015, 04:43:19 am »

Allright, conversation with cleverbot.
I was trying to get it to sing Donut: The musical

Also from cleverbot
Spoiler: 'Totally SFW' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:48:46 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91863 on: December 13, 2015, 06:46:45 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91864 on: December 13, 2015, 07:14:13 am »

What the hell did I just watch?
A bittersweet song about moving on in life. Yes, despite the deceptively happy tunes. Certain cultures like Lyrical Dissonance more than others, I've noticed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91865 on: December 13, 2015, 10:05:27 am »

What the hell did I just watch?
A bittersweet song about moving on in life. Yes, despite the deceptively happy tunes. Certain cultures like Lyrical Dissonance more than others, I've noticed.
Lyrical dissonance, that's what it's called?
Anyways have some more;
Foster the People, Pumped up Kicks. Took a while before people caught on that it was about some kid fantasizing about shooting 'all the other kids.' I'm not sure if ones like Paranoid Android count where they don't emphasize the lyrics so it's easy to miss that they're about violence, insanity and dictatorships. Dégénérations does this quite well where the song builds up to a joyous finale whist lyrically everything degenerates with each generation. Feel Good Inc of course :D Also All these things that I have done by the Killers have some of that stuff about moving on, though it also has many other things

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91866 on: December 13, 2015, 10:21:17 am »

Can't grab a link easily,  as on phone but stones roses - made of stone is a great one. So beautiful til you actually listen to the lyrics

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91867 on: December 13, 2015, 11:43:54 am »

One of my favourite lyrical dissonance songs, though it's in Japanese:
Drive Me Crazy by kirinji
Translation here.

Once you start actually following the lyrics the laid-back singing becomes pretty disturbing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91868 on: December 13, 2015, 12:29:55 pm »

Seriously, a smiley emoticon? Really?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91869 on: December 13, 2015, 12:34:05 pm »

windows has had silly emoticons on the bsod screen since windows 8

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91870 on: December 13, 2015, 12:36:57 pm »

windows has had silly emoticons on the bsod screen since windows 8
...even more reason for me to not upgrade past Windows 7.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91871 on: December 13, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

this topic is about all I can see on Bay 12, and we're not in a feature-making devcycle so it's not as noticeable, but on reddit it's completely awful. Every single time Toady decides to do anything that isn't bugfixes, people immediately say how stupid it is that he wants to develop instead of making bugfixes because he never does that I guess. They then disappear until the next development cycle, at which point they come out in full force to whine.
reddit
There's your problem
^This

no, i don't think so

i mean i know that making fun of an "other" is a very normal thing to do and i'm not blaming you for it but the upper boards at the very least are about as bad

Yeah, but Reddit's also a pretty poor site in general. They don't even use decent forum s0ftware
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91872 on: December 13, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Yeah, but Reddit's also a pretty poor site in general. They don't even use decent forum s0ftware
okay but reddit isn't a forum so why would you expect them to?

it's a content aggregator and commenting system, trying to make it a forum would make it far poorer at that

edit: and i say this as somebody who doesn't have an account and mostly only looks at it when google tells me something i want is there
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91873 on: December 13, 2015, 01:14:49 pm »

this topic is about all I can see on Bay 12, and we're not in a feature-making devcycle so it's not as noticeable, but on reddit it's completely awful. Every single time Toady decides to do anything that isn't bugfixes, people immediately say how stupid it is that he wants to develop instead of making bugfixes because he never does that I guess. They then disappear until the next development cycle, at which point they come out in full force to whine.
reddit
There's your problem
^This

no, i don't think so

i mean i know that making fun of an "other" is a very normal thing to do and i'm not blaming you for it but the upper boards at the very least are about as bad

Hey, see how I just quoted your entire post to reply to you instead of Bauglir?
With threaded discussion software you don't have to do that.  It shows who's replying to whom intuitively and effortlessly, which (in my opinion) is just better for actual discussion.  Or you can just reply to the OP just as easily.  You can even still put a picture next to your name if you really want, depending on subreddit moderators allows that.

Say what you will about the Reddit community (as if it's not literally a thousand different communities with separate moderation and rules), but Slashdot/Reddit have purely better software than Simple Machines.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91874 on: December 13, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

No they don't.

Seriously, if that design is so much better, everyone would be using it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:25:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6123 6124 [6125] 6126 6127 ... 11037