Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6122 6123 [6124] 6125 6126 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468393 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91845 on: December 12, 2015, 09:42:22 pm »

Personally I'm trying to hold out for the final release of this cycle to set up DF again, but seeing discussion here is making it more tempting. Anyone try out 0.42.03 yet, and see any lingering gamebreaking bugs?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91846 on: December 12, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »

There wasn't anything terribly gamebreaking in 42.02 as far as I know, so .03 should be fine.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91847 on: December 12, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »

this topic is about all I can see on Bay 12, and we're not in a feature-making devcycle so it's not as noticeable, but on reddit it's completely awful. Every single time Toady decides to do anything that isn't bugfixes, people immediately say how stupid it is that he wants to develop instead of making bugfixes because he never does that I guess. They then disappear until the next development cycle, at which point they come out in full force to whine.
reddit
There's your problem
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91848 on: December 12, 2015, 10:05:51 pm »

There wasn't anything terribly gamebreaking in 42.02 as far as I know, so .03 should be fine.

Was a bit disappointed by this one:

(*) Stopped cats from dying of alcohol poisoning after walking over damp tavern floors and cleaning themselves (reduced effect)

;)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #91849 on: December 12, 2015, 10:09:01 pm »

Was a bit disappointed by this one:

(*) Stopped cats from dying of alcohol poisoning after walking over damp tavern floors and cleaning themselves (reduced effect)

;)

I wish this forum had a laugh emote.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91850 on: December 12, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »

:))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91851 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:34 pm »

this topic is about all I can see on Bay 12, and we're not in a feature-making devcycle so it's not as noticeable, but on reddit it's completely awful. Every single time Toady decides to do anything that isn't bugfixes, people immediately say how stupid it is that he wants to develop instead of making bugfixes because he never does that I guess. They then disappear until the next development cycle, at which point they come out in full force to whine.
reddit
There's your problem
^This

In regards to sieges, the problem right now isn't the fact that turtling is an option, since like Graknorke pointed out, that was actualy a quite viable option in real sieges. There are many records of sieges lasting for years in big ancient campaigns. The problem is that the invaders have little option when you basically just close your fort down since they dont do stuff like build bridges and actual tunelling, basically the only real way to circunvent a player's defenses that siegers have is that they can send steathy raid parties that can get into your fort before you realize it, depending on how you positioned your initial defenses.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91852 on: December 12, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

reddit
There's your problem
^This

In regards to sieges, the problem right now isn't the fact that turtling is an option, since like Graknorke pointed out, that was actualy a quite viable option in real sieges. There are many records of sieges lasting for years in big ancient campaigns. The problem is that the invaders have little option when you basically just close your fort down since they dont do stuff like build bridges and actual tunelling, basically the only real way to circunvent a player's defenses that siegers have is that they can send steathy raid parties that can get into your fort before you realize it, depending on how you positioned your initial defenses.

I think the problem is pretty nicely solved by avoiding underground farming, or preferably just leaving the soil layers you farm in outside the outermost defenses. You'll have to open up eventually if you're going to run out of food otherwise.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91853 on: December 12, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »

Goblins use beak dogs again.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91854 on: December 13, 2015, 12:25:55 am »

reddit
There's your problem
^This

no, i don't think so

i mean i know that making fun of an "other" is a very normal thing to do and i'm not blaming you for it but the upper boards at the very least are about as bad

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91855 on: December 13, 2015, 12:28:11 am »

True, at this point the upper boards are about a foreign place to me as 4chan.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91856 on: December 13, 2015, 12:32:58 am »

up bad down good

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91857 on: December 13, 2015, 12:37:31 am »

Shit like that is the reason I stopped going to the upper boards.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91858 on: December 13, 2015, 12:40:26 am »

up bad down good
Thou shall not mix thy mind with the deceivers above, for what can be gained by the corruption of TOAD's people? Amen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91859 on: December 13, 2015, 01:49:35 am »

Shit like that is the reason I stopped going to the upper boards.
For me it was probably an entitled fuckhead I encountered on the Suggestion board. But yeah.

That said, I do miss the sieges of yore. A lot of my fortresses were expressly of the "add a bunch of hostile races, bump up how many show up in a given region, cheese the fuck out of my military training, enjoy the glorious slaughter of thousands of outsiders and scores of dwarves" variety.

At least Toady will do his own thing until the end of time, regardless of whether the DF community is large, small or even nonexistent. Yanderedev is more than a little annoyed with the community of his own game, and I feel like something's about to break there. Shame because I really want to play the final Yandere Simulator, whenever it's coming.
YandereDev's going to go meta, you mean?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6122 6123 [6124] 6125 6126 ... 11037