Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6116 6117 [6118] 6119 6120 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433087 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91755 on: December 12, 2015, 12:01:08 am »

Quote from: Steam
Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Psychological Horror, Female Protagonist, Memes

So, it's meant to be a comedy game, and the protagonist is, ostensibly, a Swedish man. Think about it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91756 on: December 12, 2015, 12:01:58 am »

:facepalm:
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91757 on: December 12, 2015, 01:14:37 am »

The thread I made for the sole purposes of rickrolling people was nuked, I think.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91758 on: December 12, 2015, 01:17:21 am »

I noticed again that iced coffee makes me burp a lot. It's like it creates an air bubble as it goes down my throat, and I have no explanation for why this is so.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91759 on: December 12, 2015, 01:19:47 am »

Is it McDonalds coffee? I have that exact same problem with their mochas
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91760 on: December 12, 2015, 01:22:01 am »

Probably because a lot of air gets blended into the coffee when the ice gets ground up. When you drink it through a straw you swallow a lot of air along with it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91761 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:12 am »

Nope, home-made. McDonald's mochas don't do that to me though.

Probably because a lot of air gets blended into the coffee when the ice gets ground up. When you drink it through a straw you swallow a lot of air along with it.

You're thinking of frappucino :P I'm talking about just regular coffee, chilled and served over ice.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91762 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:12 am »

The thread I made for the sole purposes of rickrolling people was nuked, I think.
that's because it was spam
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91763 on: December 12, 2015, 01:25:09 am »

Wait? I thought spam was... posting message after message after message after message after... I made that thread for a bit of entertainment for everyone.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91764 on: December 12, 2015, 01:26:11 am »

I'm going to go out of my way to mark that as "Not Interested."
Hello other me. I did the exact same thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91765 on: December 12, 2015, 01:31:55 am »

Nope, home-made. McDonald's mochas don't do that to me though.

You're thinking of frappucino :P I'm talking about just regular coffee, chilled and served over ice.
Oh.
Well that one's because ...
Dinosaur fart bubbles in your ice.
Yeah.
That sounds believable enough that you won't find out what I might have done.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91766 on: December 12, 2015, 01:43:01 am »

Wait? I thought spam was... posting message after message after message after message after... I made that thread for a bit of entertainment for everyone.
well, okay, it might not technically be spam

it occupied space on the boards without seeming to offer anything of value, though, so perhaps "shitposting" is a more accurate, if more offensive term that might imply i'm trying to be more discouraging than i am

basically, the thread consisted entirely of a meme

a very old, very well-known meme

moreover, the thread offered no clear direction for future posts - jokes like rickrolling work best in the context of an ongoing discussion, rather than a clickbait-style OP (which a title like "This has GOT to stop" most certainly is), because they can be part of the flow, while on their own they come off as a call for attention rather than an attempt to offer entertainment or inspire it (i'm pretty sure i've done at least two rickrolls on this very board, so i can't just say it's a bad thing to do without being more of a hypocrite than i like to admit)

for successful threads, give people something to talk about (not merely something to react to), make it either original or guaranteed-replies (the latter is something like religion or politics where everyone has an opinion they want to talk about), and participate yourself in order to get the discussion rolling

EDIT: for instance, your use of rickrolling in this thread was much better, because you created expectations and then dashed them upon the cruel rocks of rick astley's hairdo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:45:35 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #91768 on: December 12, 2015, 01:49:45 am »

I find that this is a good guideline on what is considered a worthwhile post.
Whatever that video was, I should probably be glad my school enforces Youtube restrictions. What was it? A rickrolling attempt?

EDIT NOPE, was not a rickrolling attempt according to my way of getting around the filter (Saveitoffline.com)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91769 on: December 12, 2015, 02:12:50 am »

I find that this is a good guideline on what is considered a worthwhile post.
Whatever that video was, I should probably be glad my school enforces Youtube restrictions. What was it? A rickrolling attempt?

EDIT NOPE, was not a rickrolling attempt according to my way of getting around the filter (Saveitoffline.com)
EDIT: for instance, your use of rickrolling in this thread was much better, because you created expectations and then dashed them upon the cruel rocks of rick astley's hairdo
I don't know ISG27, from this understanding of rickorolling it was textbook. It set up an expectation/hope of sincerity which was dashed on video loading.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 6116 6117 [6118] 6119 6120 ... 11039