Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6114 6115 [6116] 6117 6118 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14435989 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91725 on: December 11, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »

Contact cleaning fluid is a thing to put in your eyes that's not a terrible idea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91726 on: December 11, 2015, 03:21:02 pm »

Contact cleaning fluid is a thing to put in your eyes that's not a terrible idea.
Do you actually put that in your eyes though, or do you put the contacts in it instead?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91727 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:06 pm »

... the latter. Most definitely the latter. My memory may be failing me, but from what I recall most containers of the stuff specifically warn against actually putting it in your eyes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91728 on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:38 pm »

Dunno, my optician said that it's fine so vOv

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91729 on: December 11, 2015, 03:40:15 pm »

If "Contact cleaning fluid" is just saline, then it's pretty safe. If it actually contains cleaning compounds, we might have an issue.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91730 on: December 11, 2015, 03:48:15 pm »

It contains a few tenths of a promille of some BrandName (R) chemicals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91731 on: December 11, 2015, 04:08:15 pm »

Hmm. Well, that's notable. I, unfortunately, am neither a chemist nor a medical student, so I don't know how to figure that out.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91732 on: December 11, 2015, 04:13:41 pm »

So I was thinking of One Punch Man and how it is a Parody... But that it is a Parody with better writing and many times more depths then what it is a parody of. To the extent that it kind of thoroughly curb stomps other animes into dust.

But... is that the only parody like that in existence?

Are there parodies out there with more depth and better writing then their subject matter?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91733 on: December 11, 2015, 04:17:39 pm »

Discworld

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91734 on: December 11, 2015, 04:30:50 pm »

...Kinda wanna say DBZ Abridged. In a way. Sorta? I guess. It's funnier, I suppose, so that's why. Iunno.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91735 on: December 11, 2015, 04:36:00 pm »

One wheel short of a wagon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91736 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »

Are there parodies out there with more depth and better writing then their subject matter?
SAO Abridged is way better than the original IMO, unfortunately there's only like 6 episodes of it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91737 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:09 pm »

This is.

While it might be funnier I am not sure it is a parody :P

I'll have to check out all your stuff. (except Discworld... Tooo many books in such random orders AHHH!)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91738 on: December 11, 2015, 04:52:42 pm »

(except Discworld... Tooo many books in such random orders AHHH!)
The chronology doesn't matter too much there. Just pick up a book and read it. You won't regret it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91739 on: December 11, 2015, 04:54:17 pm »

Personally, I'd recommend reading Small Gods, Guards! Guards! and Reaper Man, in no particular order.

Pages: 1 ... 6114 6115 [6116] 6117 6118 ... 11039