Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6108 6109 [6110] 6111 6112 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441756 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91635 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:15 am »

What about ravens?

Well ravens can be taught how to talk like parrots. Also they are larger and commonly associated with black magic.
Does not make crows any dumber tho.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91636 on: December 10, 2015, 10:04:05 am »

Magpies are where it's at, folks.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91637 on: December 10, 2015, 10:59:58 am »

What about ravens?

Well ravens can be taught how to talk like parrots. Also they are larger and commonly associated with black magic.
Does not make crows any dumber tho.
Both can, and both are smart. From what I heard, crows have higher-pitched voices, which kinda fits considering they are smaller. One thing ravens do that crows don't is diving in the air for fun.

The coolest thing I learned about them in general has to be that they keep secrets: they have two kinds of voices, a normal, loud one for all crows in the area, and a quieter one reserved for family.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91638 on: December 10, 2015, 11:08:34 am »

So while browsing Unicode character tables, I came upon this. Yep, Egyptian hieroglyphs are supported.

I mean... yeah, it makes sense for egyptologists and whatnot to be able to communicate about that. It just never occurred to me that there would be a whole Unicode block dedicated to them.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91639 on: December 10, 2015, 02:21:28 pm »

Isn't Unicode's goal to support everything in some form or another?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91640 on: December 10, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »

I would think that Egyptian hieroglyphs would be a low priority for them.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91641 on: December 10, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

Some dude was probably an Egypt buff and banged them out in a day or two.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91642 on: December 10, 2015, 02:53:58 pm »

That's the amazing thing about Unicode, there's about a hundred thousand of them.  Going through the lists can be fun sometimes, there's so much random stuff. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #91643 on: December 10, 2015, 03:39:04 pm »

So the strange thing happened today in my English class.

We had a task, to speak for a while on a certain topic. Nothing special. That girl was talking, and she was making mistakes now and then (so was the teacher, alas, I'm not in best place to study English), and I was murmuring the correct words/sentences to myself. Then, the girl said something so incoherent I couldn't even make out what that was about. I looked at her, squinting, like "what the fudge you just said". Out of nowhere she went all: "Oh maybe I shouldn't speak at all" and stormed out of the room crying. Both girl's friend and the teacher lady stared at me, and simultaneously went: "Okay now you talk, get your grade and get out". Which I did.

The fuck.
I guess I'll have to apologise, but it'd be nice to know what for.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:40:45 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91644 on: December 10, 2015, 03:48:04 pm »

It's called, "being better than other people". It has to be politely hidden, like an erection at a dinner party. But it's fine to let the ladies know you got something there.

I can in no way be held responsible for the content of, actions taken on the basis of or reactions to this (shit)post.

One wheel short of a wagon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91645 on: December 10, 2015, 04:09:22 pm »

That's the amazing thing about Unicode, there's about a hundred thousand of them.  Going through the lists can be fun sometimes, there's so much random stuff. 

Code: [Select]
1F595
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91646 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »

Oh geez what the heck is wrong with this teacher's understanding of basic reproductive biology, psychology/psychiatry/psychowhatever and probability.

I...Seriously want to track them down and exposit to them for approximately 2 hours on just how wrong they are.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91647 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »

I would not be surprised if they had just picked someone at random to teach it with that level of bad. That is possibly its own level of dumb.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91648 on: December 10, 2015, 04:52:30 pm »

@Caroline:
WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.
I can't even. I. What. How the fuck does that happen? How the hell does that teacher fail science so hard? I don't even.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91649 on: December 10, 2015, 04:53:30 pm »

@Caroline:
WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.
I can't even. I. What. How the fuck does that happen? How the hell does that teacher fail science so hard? I don't even.
I second this.
Even the expletives.

Also relevant link.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6108 6109 [6110] 6111 6112 ... 11040