Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6106 6107 [6108] 6109 6110 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444556 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91605 on: December 09, 2015, 09:43:57 pm »

So, I was looking at Jim talk about Digital Homicide and I keep seeing people saying that Digital Homicide is being kept afloat by the small price to put the game up on steam and the fact that about a dozen people buying it would set them in the black, but steam still allows refunds, right? So that should pretty much stop DH in their tracks, is this just because people don't use it much or has Steam canceled that or is DH actually constantly loosing money?
Edit: Hold on, here we go, according to Steamspy, there are people buying this game and actually playing it past the 2-hour mark, over 15000, actually.
Shit, I didn't need even less faith in humanity.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:49:34 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91606 on: December 09, 2015, 09:54:09 pm »

Digital what now?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91607 on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:25 pm »

A big cancer of a game company, basically, they literally spew out dozens of shovelware games onto steam in a few months under different names, they were being sued by another small phone app company called ECC games for having an assumed name that was also called ECC games.
Alan help.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91608 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »

So, I was looking at Jim talk about Digital Homicide and I keep seeing people saying that Digital Homicide is being kept afloat by the small price to put the game up on steam and the fact that about a dozen people buying it would set them in the black, but steam still allows refunds, right? So that should pretty much stop DH in their tracks, is this just because people don't use it much or has Steam canceled that or is DH actually constantly loosing money?
Edit: Hold on, here we go, according to Steamspy, there are people buying this game and actually playing it past the 2-hour mark, over 15000, actually.
Jim made them e-famous. "What's all the hubbub about? Let's see." "Huuhuuhuu, this is so stupid. You are right Jim."
Also isn't it like $100 to put a game on? Or is that a one time fee per account? If it is a one time then they are still in deep because they use multiple accounts on steam.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91609 on: December 09, 2015, 10:06:19 pm »

Jim made them e-famous. "What's all the hubbub about? Let's see." "Huuhuuhuu, this is so stupid. You are right Jim."
Also isn't it like $100 to put a game on? Or is that a one time fee per account? If it is a one time then they are still in deep because they use multiple accounts on steam.
Well, there's still the refund method, and of the many things I think most people are, I wouldn't call the people who regularly watch Jim that stupid.
Alan help.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91610 on: December 09, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »

The way I've heard it is that they price their games so low that you can (especially during frequent sales) make more off the trading cards then you pay for them. So, just let it idle, collect your cards and craft them into gems or whatever (i've never actually done anything with the trading cards so idk what that's about). Digital homicide wins, the people who purchased the games win, only steam looses. Not sure if that's actually, the case. But that's what I've heard at least.

That and gag gifts. I've had friends send me digital homicide games as jokes before.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91611 on: December 09, 2015, 10:13:20 pm »

Well, there's still the refund method, and of the many things I think most people are, I wouldn't call the people who regularly watch Jim that stupid.
Losing track of time while having fun (heckling the poorness of the game) is not something I would equate with stupidity. The characterization that I used seems stupid because I think that form of entertainment inherently is stupid.
Also there are people who likely hate Jim and might try to support others who do too just to spite him.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91612 on: December 09, 2015, 10:16:38 pm »

Valve's making money (2 cents) from every card sale, and the money has to come into the system from outside at some point - cards aren't just free money that Valve is printing for you, an actual person is buying them for two cents more than you're getting for selling them (at low card prices, anyways).

(Gems are worthless, or nearly so, compared to selling the cards.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91613 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »

Losing track of time while having fun (heckling the poorness of the game) is not something I would equate with stupidity.

To be honest, I would question the metal facilities of anyone who can sit in one place giggling to themselves over their own thoughts for two hours. If the cut off was 15 minutes, maybe...

Valve's making money (2 cents) from every card sale, and the money has to come into the system from outside at some point - cards aren't just free money that Valve is printing for you, an actual person is buying them for two cents more than you're getting for selling them (at low card prices, anyways).

(Gems are worthless.)

Well, obviously no one's buying the cards, but according to this about page on steam, you can turn cards into gems, and then those gems into booster packs for games with actually valuable cards. I would assume that gems are worth very little, but not nothing.

I mean, understand, these games go on sale literally for like, ten cents. If you get like 100 or 150 gems out of them, that's... Actually quite possibly worth it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:25:34 pm by Criptfeind »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91614 on: December 09, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

Undertale cards are worth a surprising amount, so far, at least.
Edit: Though that doesn't explain why people don't just idle Undertale.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:29:47 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91615 on: December 09, 2015, 10:29:31 pm »

Okay, so, undertale booster packs are going for 1.42 on the market right now, I can't check their gem price because I don't own the game, but if they cost the same as a dota booster, you can, assuming you purchased it on sale, get enough digital homicide cards (assuming their games even give cards, I don't actually know if they do) to purchase it, for less then that, via buying their shit games when they are on sale and letting them idle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91616 on: December 09, 2015, 10:31:09 pm »

Or just let Undertale idle, so that doesn't explain the 20000 peak purchases of Galactic Hitman, something so bad that crouching makes you invincible.
Alan help.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91617 on: December 09, 2015, 10:32:13 pm »

Sure? You could, although that wouldn't make you back the money you spent if you're in it for the cash. And you can only get at max half the cards for that game that way.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91618 on: December 09, 2015, 10:36:12 pm »

It still costs about 1200 gems to get one undertale booster pack, and that's at least ~35 or so GH cards just to get one pack.
Alan help.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91619 on: December 09, 2015, 10:40:18 pm »

Ah, that is a lot more then a dota pack. Yeah. That seems a bit out of reach. Although possibly there are other packs where it is worthwhile? idk
Pages: 1 ... 6106 6107 [6108] 6109 6110 ... 11040