Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6104 6105 [6106] 6107 6108 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444238 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91575 on: December 09, 2015, 12:21:53 pm »

Uh, well...basically, Voldemort is an evil wizard who really REALLY hates non-magical people (aka Muggles), as well as magical people who were born from Muggles. He pulls some fascist crap when it comes to them. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Even more basically, Wizard Hitler.
Wizard Hitler was in Wolfenstein 3D.
Nah. It was Mecha-Hitler that was in 3D. I don't think there's been a Wizard Hitler in any of the Wolfensteins. Plenty of generic Nazi Wizards, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91576 on: December 09, 2015, 12:23:01 pm »

BBC article titled "Why people are calling American businessman Donald Trump Voldemort."

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books or watched the movies, so I was like "oh good, this should be informative, especially because it's from the BBC!" Nope.

Contains only two sentences mentioning Voldemort at all:
And if you've been on Twitter since he suggested Muslims should be banned from America, you might have seen him being compared to Lord Voldemort.

The White House said Mr Trump's comments were contrary to US values, while the internet compared him to Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter - a lot.

EXPLAIN

whenever trump talks, replace "muslim" with "mudblood"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91577 on: December 09, 2015, 02:07:21 pm »

there exists an .ao TLD, but nobody has registered the website ayylm.ao

i am dissapointed in humanity as a whole

(not really you have to live in angola to register an .ao domain but still)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91578 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:12 pm »

Bloody angolans can't tell a dank memé when they see one ~
One wheel short of a wagon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91579 on: December 09, 2015, 03:29:20 pm »

Oh man, I remember why I stopped going on GameFAQs. I just become the worst shitposter there.
Heh, the GameFAQs boards for smaller games that don't get as much traffic--Ace Attorney boards come to mind--aren't actually half bad.

Yeah a lot of the boards are just crap though. Particularly the Smash Bros. boards. (SHREK AND GOKU FOR SMASH LISTEN TO YOUR TRUE FANS SAKURAI NO MORE STUPID WEEABOO ANIME SWORDSMEN ;__;!!!!!11111111!!!)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91580 on: December 09, 2015, 03:33:26 pm »

No you don't.
Unless that's the country's rule?

Otherwise all the .tv sites couldn't exist without being from Tuvalu.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91581 on: December 09, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »

There are particular youtube videos I just can't load. I can load other videos at the same time but those particular videos just don't start loading and buffer eternally.
Example: Watching a playlist. Go through 1-6, 7 never loads. 8-13 works, 14 won't start to load either. 15-17 work, 18 doesn't. 19-22 yup, 23 nope.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91582 on: December 09, 2015, 03:55:15 pm »

Weird.  Try other browsers?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91583 on: December 09, 2015, 04:00:05 pm »

No you don't.
Unless that's the country's rule?

Otherwise all the .tv sites couldn't exist without being from Tuvalu.

Reasoning about all of a class of items based on one example has led you astray. ;)

IANA is responsible for determining an appropriate trustee for each ccTLD. Administration and control is then delegated to that trustee, which is responsible for the policies and operation of the domain. The current delegation can be determined from IANA's list of ccTLDs. Individual ccTLDs may have varying requirements and fees for registering subdomains. There may be a local presence requirement (for instance, citizenship or other connection to the ccTLD), as for example the Canadian (ca) and German (de) domains, or registration may be open.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91584 on: December 09, 2015, 04:01:59 pm »

I just said that. ::)
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91585 on: December 09, 2015, 04:05:06 pm »

It sounded like you thought about it and then disregarded it. :P

So it turns out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.su still exists.
.su was assigned as the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Soviet Union on 19 September 1990. Even though the Soviet Union itself was dissolved a mere 15 months later, the .su top-level domain remains in use today. It is administered by the Russian Institute for Public Networks (RIPN, or RosNIIROS in Russian transcription).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91586 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »

On Mozilla, flipping to IE doesn't change anything. Don't have any other browsers.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91587 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:37 pm »

Even though the Soviet Union itself was dissolved a mere 15 months later
that's what they wanted us to think
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91588 on: December 09, 2015, 04:14:21 pm »

On Mozilla, flipping to IE doesn't change anything. Don't have any other browsers.
Chrome?
Chromium?
Something?
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91589 on: December 09, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »

... Mozilla? You mean Firefox, right? I mean, Mozilla exists, but... it's not something anyone uses anymore AFAIK.
Pages: 1 ... 6104 6105 [6106] 6107 6108 ... 11040