Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446383 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91560 on: December 08, 2015, 11:25:22 pm »

Some pesticides have been proven to be carcinogenic in humans, and owing to the lack of labeling, the only way to avoid them is to know what products are safe because the pesticide won't be in what you eat, or if it will, to buy organic instead.
It's also possible to live in a country that's sensible and bans things like that.
It is impossible to do that and also live in the place that I live in.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91561 on: December 08, 2015, 11:26:23 pm »

Raw egg on rice is actually a very real meal. When I first tried it all those years ago when I saw my dad eat it, I thought it was a cure for constipation from the result.
add soy sauce, makes it even better
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91562 on: December 09, 2015, 12:04:21 am »

Some pesticides have been proven to be carcinogenic in humans, and owing to the lack of labeling, the only way to avoid them is to know what products are safe because the pesticide won't be in what you eat, or if it will, to buy organic instead.
It's also possible to live in a country that's sensible and bans things like that.
It is impossible to do that and also live in the place that I live in.
#BornInTheUSA :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91563 on: December 09, 2015, 12:07:00 am »

Yeah it's totally your fault for being born in the wrong country
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91564 on: December 09, 2015, 12:32:21 am »

Oh man, I remember why I stopped going on GameFAQs. I just become the worst shitposter there.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91565 on: December 09, 2015, 03:45:34 am »

BBC article titled "Why people are calling American businessman Donald Trump Voldemort."

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books or watched the movies, so I was like "oh good, this should be informative, especially because it's from the BBC!" Nope.

Contains only two sentences mentioning Voldemort at all:
And if you've been on Twitter since he suggested Muslims should be banned from America, you might have seen him being compared to Lord Voldemort.

The White House said Mr Trump's comments were contrary to US values, while the internet compared him to Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter - a lot.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91566 on: December 09, 2015, 03:54:46 am »

Uh, well...basically, Voldemort is an evil wizard who really REALLY hates non-magical people (aka Muggles), as well as magical people who were born from Muggles. He pulls some fascist crap when it comes to them. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91567 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:57 am »

But they didn't explain who exactly is saying so and why they're saying that. If you're going to make an article titled "Why people are calling American businessman Donald Trump Voldemort" you have to do more than explain who donald trump is and mention that some people on the internet called him voldemort.

These journalists are just as bad as Donald trump, pulling something like that! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91568 on: December 09, 2015, 04:34:16 am »

But they didn't explain who exactly is saying so and why they're saying that. If you're going to make an article titled "Why people are calling American businessman Donald Trump Voldemort" you have to do more than explain who donald trump is and mention that some people on the internet called him voldemort.

These journalists are just as bad as Donald trump, pulling something like that! :P

Look it's right at the top of the screen.

Who: The BBC
Why: well it got you to read the article didn't it?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:37:20 am by wobbly »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91569 on: December 09, 2015, 05:01:49 am »

The BBC used to be decent, dammit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91570 on: December 09, 2015, 05:35:34 am »

I don't know why, but my netbook keeps connecting to the open wireless network provided by my ISP rather than my home router, despite setting the latter to be the preferred network.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I found the setting that controls it. In a very different location from the list of available networks where the above option is.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:37:51 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91571 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:27 am »

Ugh. I can't work it out, I keep doing sweeps of my PC yet there isn't anything as far as I can find that is causing my netspeed to just plummet. Some days I can watch 720p on Youtube, others it Autos to 144p. My download on Steam is down as well, normally its around 500kbs (Australia Shitty Net) but atm its just touching the 200kbs mark...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91572 on: December 09, 2015, 10:43:26 am »

Our minister of tourism telling, how sea is not that important for quality of tourism, and how people should adjust to forgetting about Turkey and Egypt, and how the health of people was better, when they were not going abroad that much. Meanwhile this guy has two villas on seyshell islands, hue.

Thats same level of hypocrite as orthodox church mercedes riding hierarchs speaking  on the internet about internet and western consumerism ruining spiritual health, and how tightening our belts because of sanctions is for the greater good actually.
Yeah, prices going up and salaries down is all average citizen needs, thank you dude.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91573 on: December 09, 2015, 11:34:24 am »

Uh, well...basically, Voldemort is an evil wizard who really REALLY hates non-magical people (aka Muggles), as well as magical people who were born from Muggles. He pulls some fascist crap when it comes to them. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Even more basically, Wizard Hitler.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91574 on: December 09, 2015, 12:19:39 pm »

Even more basically, Wizard Hitler.

Wizard Hitler was in Wolfenstein 3D.
Pages: 1 ... 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 ... 11040