Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6102 6103 [6104] 6105 6106 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446555 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91545 on: December 08, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »

Ah, THERE it is. The exact location of the pay-to-play rule eluded me for the first few glace-overs.

...I wonder if that's legal/allowed in the ToS? Using someone else's bandwidth and forum to make money for yourself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91546 on: December 08, 2015, 07:52:28 pm »

Quote from: Forum Guidelines
...solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Quote from: Wikipedia
In criminal law, solicitation is the act of offering, or attempting to purchase, goods or services. Legal status may be specific to the time or place where occurs.
Well then.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91547 on: December 08, 2015, 07:53:04 pm »

Hmmmmmm.

Looks like we need to call the Toad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91548 on: December 08, 2015, 07:57:04 pm »

I'll probably wither away on its own accord.

Now all we need to do is combine a pay-to-play forum roleplay game with a pyramid scheme.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91549 on: December 08, 2015, 07:57:15 pm »

COULD be joking, but yeah, time to call in Toady One on that.....

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91550 on: December 08, 2015, 08:04:24 pm »

The one named Boris Johnson http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-35037007 , and does London seriously have two mayors or something?
The UK London.
We have the Lord Mayor and the Mayor, the Lord Mayor being mayor of the City of London and the Mayor being the mayor of London which is all of London around the City of London. The City of London and Westminster used to be two rival cities, but then they fused and just became one big London, but the City of London retained its rights in the Magna Carta (hence why the government is in Westminster, not the City of London). Oh yeah and 50 years ago the Westminster borough was awarded city status again, so London is technically 3 cities. Boris is Mayor of Greater London and is generally the more important one when it comes to politics, so his putdown is of greater significance. Boris is also known here for being absolutely hilarious.
I... I... What?  Why?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91551 on: December 08, 2015, 08:13:11 pm »

Raw egg on rice is actually a very real meal. When I first tried it all those years ago when I saw my dad eat it, I thought it was a cure for constipation from the result.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91552 on: December 08, 2015, 08:15:18 pm »

Raw egg worries me, I always overcook instead...  Not sure why, somehow I got the impression that salmonella was super common.
Maybe because I've had *expired* egg dishes, which is different, but once bitten twice shy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91553 on: December 08, 2015, 08:19:47 pm »

For what it's worth, if you stick raw eggs in two or three minutes before the rice is done cooking, they won't be raw eggs anymore :V

Actually the easiest way to make eggy rice, which is delicious.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91554 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:07 pm »

Not to mention that organic products are a scam in and of themselves
Not really. It's harder to grow crops without pesticides and fertilisers, so organic things will naturally cost more. Of course, that doesn't make them any less pointless, but calling it a scam is a bit much.

Fertilizers and conventional farming techniques result in soil loss (slowly decreasing nutrients in the soil, resulting in a need to use more and more fertilizer to keep the soil usable), and fertilizer runoff into the rivers and oceans (resulting in "dead zones").

Some pesticides have been proven to be carcinogenic in humans, and owing to the lack of labeling, the only way to avoid them is to know what products are safe because the pesticide won't be in what you eat, or if it will, to buy organic instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91555 on: December 08, 2015, 09:20:44 pm »

Most organic farmers still use pesticides. The same ones, even. They just spray it on instead of using Bt corn or something. I don't think that's the case as much outside the USA, but around here that's about the speed of it as near as I can tell.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91556 on: December 08, 2015, 09:50:50 pm »

Fertilizers and conventional farming techniques result in soil loss (slowly decreasing nutrients in the soil, resulting in a need to use more and more fertilizer to keep the soil usable), and fertilizer runoff into the rivers and oceans (resulting in "dead zones").
... and the only solution you can see to that is to stop using fertiliser completely? It's very possible to maintain a stable level of nutrients in the soil and supplement it with fertiliser, along with mitigating runoff and such. Unfortunately many farmers like to nuke the earth with nitrates, which is bad, but it doesn't mean we need to go all the way to the other end of the spectrum to be good.

Some pesticides have been proven to be carcinogenic in humans, and owing to the lack of labeling, the only way to avoid them is to know what products are safe because the pesticide won't be in what you eat, or if it will, to buy organic instead.
It's also possible to live in a country that's sensible and bans things like that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91558 on: December 08, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »

Needs more pop culture.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91559 on: December 08, 2015, 11:23:09 pm »

It's also possible to live in a country that's sensible and bans things like that.
It is impossible to do that and also live in the place that I live in.
Pages: 1 ... 6102 6103 [6104] 6105 6106 ... 11040