Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6089 6090 [6091] 6092 6093 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448906 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91350 on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:36 pm »

Uggghh. I can't tell how much of this pain is my bangover and how much is from walking miles in the cold after dozing off on the bus.

That is generally a bad idea, by the way. Don't fall asleep on the bus. Unless your stop is the last one I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91351 on: December 05, 2015, 11:30:32 pm »

my bangover
10/10 typo. Made me chuckle.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91352 on: December 05, 2015, 11:30:45 pm »

how much of this pain is my bangover
kinky
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91353 on: December 05, 2015, 11:43:08 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91354 on: December 06, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

Vocaroo here.
Futanari Oyako Soukan by Hakujira Uminekodan.

Let's just say I end up having to confiscate a lot of things.
I have no words.

Dear god. I thought that I was weird for knowing what picture that was referring to but... You have taken the cake here, Blaze. Jesus.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91355 on: December 06, 2015, 02:17:24 am »

In terms of familial disasters, Episode 1 is your little cousin smashing his face into the dinner roast, while Episode 3 is crazy uncle Marvin escaping from the attic and murdering grandma with a shovel on the front lawn.
oh man, is this finally relevant?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91356 on: December 06, 2015, 03:49:45 am »

Watched an Anti-Christ movie...
You know... for the Anti-Christ he isn't all that bad... SURE he organized all world religions to worship him
But he also established lasting world peace...
I mean he murders a few people and has mind control powers... But the sheer number of people he has saved alone...
I thought the anti-Christ was supposed to be like... pure evil or something. But currently he is further down the evil scale then Obama.
Survival is not living, see the alien in 'At World's End.' The aliens create a harmonious civil society of peace at the cost of individual freedom and they should fuck off back to legoland because to err is human and get drank m8

Seriously though watch at world's end
i don't remember aliens in that pirate movie m8 :P

Although now that I think about it aliens versus pirates would be kind of cool
Add a dash of Lovecraft to it, and I woudl watch the hell out of pirates fighting creatures beyond the stars.

And probably dying horribly, but oh well.
Did you read Call of Cthulhu? Biggun got defeated by taking a yacht to the face. I recently watched the silent movie (BTW, there's a silent movie. Made in 2005. It's pretty fun) so I might be mixing them up a bit, but most of the people who evacuated the actual island survived the actual fight, only died later.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91357 on: December 06, 2015, 04:30:37 am »

God, I just remembered the original english dub for DBZ tried to make Son Goku out as some sort of superman-ish martyr character. Telling Krillin not to kill Vegeta for the standard "uh killing's wrong who are we to judge" thing when the actual dialogue was more along the lines of "i totally want to fight that guy"

...and then later Goku gives a frigging senzu to Cell before Cell goes off to fight his son, which is such a dick move i can't even imagine how they spun that into protagtalk

i am actually reasonably confident that i never really watched the dub of DBZ... at least, I don't remember any of the cell or frieza stuff

i did watch dragon ball pretty religiously i remember, though

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91358 on: December 06, 2015, 07:26:02 am »

In terms of familial disasters, Episode 1 is your little cousin smashing his face into the dinner roast, while Episode 3 is crazy uncle Marvin escaping from the attic and murdering grandma with a shovel on the front lawn.

I'm not sure if it helps or doesn't help that his acting was just goddamned awful in that movie.

...and then later Goku gives a frigging senzu to Cell before Cell goes off to fight his son, which is such a dick move i can't even imagine how they spun that into protagtalk
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91359 on: December 06, 2015, 07:49:33 am »

Everyone's acting is bad in that movie. Hell Samuel L Jackson is bad. SAMEUL L JACKSON. Hell when he had no lines, Anakin was SERIOUSLY threatening.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91360 on: December 06, 2015, 08:00:21 am »

Watched an Anti-Christ movie...
You know... for the Anti-Christ he isn't all that bad... SURE he organized all world religions to worship him
But he also established lasting world peace...
I mean he murders a few people and has mind control powers... But the sheer number of people he has saved alone...
I thought the anti-Christ was supposed to be like... pure evil or something. But currently he is further down the evil scale then Obama.
Survival is not living, see the alien in 'At World's End.' The aliens create a harmonious civil society of peace at the cost of individual freedom and they should fuck off back to legoland because to err is human and get drank m8

Seriously though watch at world's end
i don't remember aliens in that pirate movie m8 :P

Although now that I think about it aliens versus pirates would be kind of cool
Add a dash of Lovecraft to it, and I woudl watch the hell out of pirates fighting creatures beyond the stars.

And probably dying horribly, but oh well.
Did you read Call of Cthulhu? Biggun got defeated by taking a yacht to the face. I recently watched the silent movie (BTW, there's a silent movie. Made in 2005. It's pretty fun) so I might be mixing them up a bit, but most of the people who evacuated the actual island survived the actual fight, only died later.
Call of Cthulhu is the equivalent of someone waking up from a nap and getting punched in the face and got pissed and decided to go back to bed. But then, I guess that means that disinterest from the elder gods would be an advantage for the pirates, so I guess that you just have to put in enough action so that people forget that the pirates are really just being gnats in the face of elder beings that would accidentally wipe them from existence if they so much as yawned.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91361 on: December 06, 2015, 08:35:38 am »

I'm not sure if it helps or doesn't help that his acting was just goddamned awful in that movie.
It's not his acting. Christensen was, like the rest of the cast, playing damage control for Lucas' incompetence and ego. The prequel trilogy is what you get when you allow George Lucas to make movies with total creative control and nobody telling him that things are bad ideas--remember that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91362 on: December 06, 2015, 09:05:48 am »

I pretty much don't understand the D: at the Star Wars prequels so...seeing all this is a bit of a WTF for me. As well as Lucas' ego and such.
Can I ask being enlightened as to why? :D

(I just took it for enjoyment...nudging aside some obvious flaws.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91363 on: December 06, 2015, 09:33:04 am »

I find a lot of the "We don't need gods anymore" storylines to be... rather silly.

If only because it is once again attributing something not inherent in the idea to it.

"We don't need gods in our modern world!"

Yes... thank you soap box man... Yes we don't need someone who can
1) Fix global warming
2) Feed the hungry
3) Cure the sick
4) Fish up resources

All for what? making a building for him and telling him how much we appreciate it? OHH NO!

Not that I haven't seen it done well mind you. Just like "Magic versus Technology" a lot of the time they just upgrade magic to superstition even when it is an established fact... and they attribute gods to religion, even when the existence of say... Thor doesn't really constitute a religion in it of itself.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91364 on: December 06, 2015, 09:35:18 am »

I think it's less about the idea of worship and more about total devotion and dominion to a will utterly alien to you and which clear dialogue is difficult. No offense to religious people, but that's how you get jihads.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6089 6090 [6091] 6092 6093 ... 11040