Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6084 6085 [6086] 6087 6088 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446846 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91275 on: December 04, 2015, 05:46:21 pm »

... saw a fellow, possibly homeless, dragging a wooden cross (with his backpack et al wrapped around the bottom) along the side of the road. Cross was... bigger than him. Pretty much full sized -- you could properly crucify someone on it, and not just a pre-teen.

Guy was dragging when I went to do something, guy was still dragging when I came back down the road about three hours later. Not... not sure what that was about. Fairly sure I didn't actually want to know, but... still. What.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91276 on: December 04, 2015, 05:53:49 pm »

Was it this guy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91277 on: December 04, 2015, 05:55:52 pm »

Was it this guy
Seems your image is broken, but I can't tell why. Anyway, going by the description, the cross is too small. Clearly does not meet the Roman Cross Size Regulations.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91278 on: December 04, 2015, 05:59:13 pm »

Huh weird, maybe some hotlinking protection?
Whatever it's just a picture of Wolfwood the "preacher" from Trigun.  Love that character.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91279 on: December 04, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »

Could see it, here. But no, not that one. No bike, no dakkacross, no draw lines. Actual human being, bringing a cross down the side of a fairly busy road.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91280 on: December 04, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »

In car. Mom keeps changing the radio station because she doesn't know the songs that are playing. Said she doesn't listen to songs she never heard before.
How does that work? Was she, like, born knowing a few songs? Was she forced to hear music she'd never heard before against her will? Does she not know any songs and change the radio for an indefinite amount of time?

Ah, she probably just asks to not fly more missions.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91281 on: December 04, 2015, 07:28:46 pm »

So after some extreme anime homophobia

I am thinking of it quite a bit. Thinking of movies and shows I kept mental notes on...

It is rather hard to mend mental wounds >_< isn't it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91282 on: December 04, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

Amnesia is like ignoring the wound to such an extent that you don't feel it anymore... or that you don't even remember that it is there.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91283 on: December 04, 2015, 07:45:56 pm »

It's more of having a wound that heals up into a scar without you noticing it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91284 on: December 04, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »

Yeah trust me, I know Flash players have had a lot of security vulnerabilities.  But refusing to host it on the app store?  Actively trying to kill off its userbase?  Not appreciated, Google.

I always liked Java better, but there are too many good old Flash games out there to let it die.  And for some reason, lay-people are able to pick it up easily (bizarrely, it's one of the few languages that's completely stumped me).
Apple started it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91285 on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:44 pm »

YouTube works fine for me vOv.

(I've been using chrome for years, ever since I got sick of Firefox breaking all my extensions every few days)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91286 on: December 04, 2015, 08:04:47 pm »

Playing DF.

I have a small fort hiding under a haunted swamp. First two migrant waves arrived unscathed. About fifteen dwarves eking out an existence, hidden from swarms of zombie buzzards and the like.

Suddenly, migrants. Over fifty of the the bastards. About a third of them are children. The come swarming in, cross the river, and cluster around the abandoned wagon on the surface. A couple get picked off by zombie ducks and buzzards on the way, but for the most part the group is intact.
I order for the gate lever to be pulled. The migrants start hauling ass into the relative safety of the fort. Except for half the children, who decide that the wagon is a great place for playing make believe. A couple of adults stay behind as well.
I briefly considered sending my poorly-equipped militia out to defend the worthless scum children from undead birds and skeletal elven merchants (more to prevent the parents from getting unhappy than anything else, really) but decide against it when a werelizard turns up out of nowhere and starts ripping apart living and dead alike.
I decide to cut my losses and seal up the fort. The surviving migrants are understandably unhappy and stressed.
On the surface, the werelizard finally turns back into a naked elf and runs for it, but barely makes it halfway before getting splattered by a zombie yak.
A few children are still alive, scattered around with the corpses of their parents and friends amidst a small lake of blood. There's not much to be done for them. Most are unconscious, missing limbs, and so on.
I set to work getting the migrants settled in. After a while a human caravan turns up. I've had a new entrance dug out, away from the pools of blood and zombies around the old one. The merchants start heading towards it. Everything's going great. I could get some much-needed food and wood by selling off all the crap collected from the last lot of dead merchants.
Except then two werelizards jump out of nowhere and scattered the caravan. It was the children who survived the original attack. I've no idea how they lived as long as they did. But they did, and now my survivors are left with just water to drink.

Moral of the story: Always finish off your wounded.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91287 on: December 04, 2015, 08:41:22 pm »

Playing DF.
-snip-

Holy shit that's amazing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91288 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:59 pm »

... saw a fellow, possibly homeless, dragging a wooden cross (with his backpack et al wrapped around the bottom) along the side of the road. Cross was... bigger than him. Pretty much full sized -- you could properly crucify someone on it, and not just a pre-teen.

Guy was dragging when I went to do something, guy was still dragging when I came back down the road about three hours later. Not... not sure what that was about. Fairly sure I didn't actually want to know, but... still. What.
My friend and I did something similar with a wooden totem pole we found behind a pizza place, once.
I still don't know what it was doing there, but oh well. It was a very surreal experience.

Hahaha, nice. I've never really had any experiences with werebeasts... hopefully I get some with my new-version fort.
Also zombie hooved critters are horrible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91289 on: December 04, 2015, 09:21:55 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6084 6085 [6086] 6087 6088 ... 11040