Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6083 6084 [6085] 6086 6087 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449435 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91260 on: December 04, 2015, 02:48:43 pm »

Heresy!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91261 on: December 04, 2015, 02:50:11 pm »

Y'know Google Play Music? The thing that lets you upload all of your music and then stream it from online later? The conspiracy theorist in me says that uploaded music there is used to match and flag copyright content in Youtube videos. With all the weird copies, formats, corruptions, and whatnot that happen to user's music files, you'd have a wide sample of each song people upload to compare to what's being uploaded.

I suppose one could test the theory by finding a song that's been uploaded to youtube at like 120% speed or pitch to avoid getting flagged and putting that on play music, and seeing how long it takes to get flagged.

Conspiracy over. Anyways. The new humble monthly bundle is out, and I think there's two games out of the bundle that I want to play and one that I have. Beginning to question the value of the bundles with regards to my interests.

I dunno. I've always believed bundles are more about giving developers a guaranteed return (of any kind) on their game, rather than being this amazing deal for gamers.

Because honestly, half the stuff put in bundles strikes me as garbage I wouldn't play even if I got it for free. Maybe if I had unlimited amounts of time to play every game I came across, it would be worth it. But living in the real world with a job, sleep and occasionally socializing, the idea of getting 10 games only 2 of which I'll actually play just seems like wasted money.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91262 on: December 04, 2015, 02:51:06 pm »

Yeah, depression and unemplyment are correlated.

You know what I think we should do with that correlation? Use it to discover what we really, maybe subconsciously, think of as "work". Or at least, "activity".

But as Bouchart has said, the more you do, the less fun it gets. Like 5 minute computer games or murder.
One wheel short of a wagon

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91263 on: December 04, 2015, 02:51:32 pm »

As we left behind the constant fear of being eaten in our sleep by a pack of wolves, bears, and basically every predator out there our brains drifted away from that and started searching for new purpose for us. Our goals are not longer survive to see another day. I think this shift have created that need to feel useful. Either that or the fact we are social mammals, which mean that we evolved to work in groups, hence the need to feel of useful or get your ass kicked from the group and be exposed to all other predators.

At least that's what I think could be.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91264 on: December 04, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »

Since there's no rage thread any more, this'll have to do. Google's hamfisted attempt to force people onto their shitty browser by killing Flash support for youtube, leaving people with the options of: watching in 144p, watching in ONLY 360p or 720p on another browser, or switching to Google's browser.

The workaround's only on the main branch Firefox nightly build; us on PaleMoon don't even have media.mediasource.enabled displayed in about:config. And the youtube HTML5 player performs like a bag of dicks because of Google's shitty optimization.
Is this why my dad's PC won't fullscreen 720p youtube videos without an error occurring after a few minutes?

Well, now we know why the smartasses bought youtube rather than some ecologically viable flying cars startup.

Google is literally Satan now. Now'd be the time for a new video hosting site to break out, but they're pretty much all shit with content restrictions like Vimeo, freemium schemes, or both.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91265 on: December 04, 2015, 03:17:40 pm »

So it is, huh?
One wheel short of a wagon

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91266 on: December 04, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »

Since there's no rage thread any more, this'll have to do. Google's hamfisted attempt to force people onto their shitty browser by killing Flash support for youtube, leaving people with the options of: watching in 144p, watching in ONLY 360p or 720p on another browser, or switching to Google's browser.

The workaround's only on the main branch Firefox nightly build; us on PaleMoon don't even have media.mediasource.enabled displayed in about:config. And the youtube HTML5 player performs like a bag of dicks because of Google's shitty optimization.
It's not exactly that nefarious. Flash is... not the gold standard of coding for a while now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91267 on: December 04, 2015, 03:48:21 pm »

It's... getting a lot harder for me to be humble.
Then don't be. It's completely okay to be proud about something you're good at, as long as you don't brag. Be realistic; no, programming can't be picked up in a day, so why worry about such lies? If someone tries to dismiss you with that, just challenge them to prove it and learn programming if it is indeed so easy (it is an useful skill to have in today's world, after all), and watch as their argument breaks down.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91268 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:39 pm »

504s. 504s everywhere.

I think news has gotten out on the internet that a new DF version has released.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91269 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »

It's not exactly that nefarious. Flash is... not the gold standard of coding for a while now.
Yeah, I know Flash is a heaping pile of shit and security risks, I'm just salty that I basically have to choose my poison if I want to use youtube any more.

Switching over to SeaMonkey, since it seems to be the least evil.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91270 on: December 04, 2015, 04:00:05 pm »

You could use Chromium as opposed to Google Chrome?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91271 on: December 04, 2015, 04:01:23 pm »

504s. 504s everywhere.

I think news has gotten out on the internet that a new DF version has released.

504!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91272 on: December 04, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »

Yeah trust me, I know Flash players have had a lot of security vulnerabilities.  But refusing to host it on the app store?  Actively trying to kill off its userbase?  Not appreciated, Google.

I always liked Java better, but there are too many good old Flash games out there to let it die.  And for some reason, lay-people are able to pick it up easily (bizarrely, it's one of the few languages that's completely stumped me).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91273 on: December 04, 2015, 05:38:12 pm »

Bleh. Spent most of the afternoon trying to get SeaMonkey to not look like shit and not have an archaic as fuck tab layout. Not enough success, I'm just going to bite the bullet and use it as a video-only browser and keep using PaleMoon for everything else, even though it's a pain in the ass.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91274 on: December 04, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »

In car. Mom keeps changing the radio station because she doesn't know the songs that are playing. Said she doesn't listen to songs she never heard before.

Also, dude in front of us has an ineligible back license plate. Covered in scratches, and I'm guessing that whatever did that is also what chiseled the paint off of and disfigured the letters/numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 6083 6084 [6085] 6086 6087 ... 11040