Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6082 6083 [6084] 6085 6086 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451008 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91245 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:24 am »

I decided to wander about one of my forts as an adventurer after 90% of the population was killed off by a titan, and found a wagon in one of my stock piles.

The problem is, the stockpile is only accessible by a single-tile wide staircase.

There was also a general chatting with a cat, mostly explaining why the civ was at war with a group of gobbos who had wiped out the rest of the civ, but thats normal.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91246 on: December 04, 2015, 07:43:07 am »

I had to think of a codename for a surprise I'm planning with a bunch of peers, so it can be talked about publicly without hinting the people we mean to surprise. Against all odds, the group agreed to a codename that has nothing to do with the project and which doesn't allude to it through some clever pun. Apparently, we haven't watched too many spy movies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91247 on: December 04, 2015, 08:00:30 am »

Who?

Mushroom man. Put his religion as "mushrooms" and advocated them as the One True God.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91248 on: December 04, 2015, 08:37:20 am »

We slice bananas 4u
We slice ur banana 4u 2

Anyway, on current WTF, DF's worldgen just created what may be a fun little challenging site to embark on:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It basically gave me this mostly evil canyon/vale thing with sheer, tall (+20 z levels) cliff walls and populated only by goblins. The climate is either cold or freezing, with no access to elves or other dwarf civs, and very few trees overall. I haven't played DF in quite a while, but I never saw something quite like this before. Hopefuly there's decent metals around :v

MUST.... HAVE.... SEEDDDD

I made a post with the seed on the dwarf fort forum section if you want it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91249 on: December 04, 2015, 08:40:29 am »

We slice bananas 4u
We slice ur banana 4u 2

Anyway, on current WTF, DF's worldgen just created what may be a fun little challenging site to embark on:

It basically gave me this mostly evil canyon/vale thing with sheer, tall (+20 z levels) cliff walls and populated only by goblins. The climate is either cold or freezing, with no access to elves or other dwarf civs, and very few trees overall. I haven't played DF in quite a while, but I never saw something quite like this before. Hopefuly there's decent metals around :v

MUST.... HAVE.... SEEDDDD

I made a post with the seed on the dwarf fort forum section if you want it.
Hang the hell on, is that Thailand?

The shape resemblance is uncanny.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91250 on: December 04, 2015, 08:46:21 am »

Ah, yes, the evil canyon of doom, a mordor-eske land populated mostly by goblins and the undead, also know as Thailand >:v

EDIT: what the hell, it actualy is similar to thailand.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:07:07 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91251 on: December 04, 2015, 09:13:46 am »

Who?
Mushroom man. Put his religion as "mushrooms" and advocated them as the One True God.
This is why plump helmet men have bad reputations on the internet

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91252 on: December 04, 2015, 09:16:51 am »

Remove fungus
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91253 on: December 04, 2015, 09:35:38 am »

That Wolf was casually racist a bunch of times, too, IIRC.

On topic:
Spoiler: huehuehue (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91254 on: December 04, 2015, 11:01:04 am »

Its Canada...

We have a commercial where a woman has boiling water dumped over her body as she screams and shouts in pain, giving you a close up of her blistering skin.

:P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91255 on: December 04, 2015, 11:59:15 am »

It's... getting a lot harder for me to be humble. My internal monologue seriously just scoffed at the idea that people can "pick (programming) up in a day", because (self-quote) "it took me a few weeks, and I'm smart"

where the hell did that come from

i mean learning to code in a day is laughable regardless of my big head, but still

EDIT: I think I'm getting especially bothered by this because this article reads like flattery even though it's completely obviously not written for me specifically for reasons I shouldn't have to explain
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:07:27 pm by Putnam »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91256 on: December 04, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »

Humble doesn't mean blind

Humble means you know your smart, smarter then a lot of people... but that doesn't make you a better person nor them less then one.

---

Ugh... People with the "Whoa, don't take it seriously" when it comes to things like boardgames, videogames, movies, or even pets.

It is like the concept of "The point is that I take it seriously" or "It is only fun when I take it seriously" or "It is more fun when I take it seriously"

Never occurs to them.

No no no... Stop having fun because your not having THEIR type of fun.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:50:08 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91257 on: December 04, 2015, 12:57:34 pm »

Since there's no rage thread any more, this'll have to do. Google's hamfisted attempt to force people onto their shitty browser by killing Flash support for youtube, leaving people with the options of: watching in 144p, watching in ONLY 360p or 720p on another browser, or switching to Google's browser.

The workaround's only on the main branch Firefox nightly build; us on PaleMoon don't even have media.mediasource.enabled displayed in about:config. And the youtube HTML5 player performs like a bag of dicks because of Google's shitty optimization.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91258 on: December 04, 2015, 01:00:27 pm »

Since there's no rage thread any more, this'll have to do. Google's hamfisted attempt to force people onto their shitty browser by killing Flash support for youtube, leaving people with the options of: watching in 144p, watching in ONLY 360p or 720p on another browser, or switching to Google's browser.

The workaround's only on the main branch Firefox nightly build; us on PaleMoon don't even have media.mediasource.enabled displayed in about:config. And the youtube HTML5 player performs like a bag of dicks because of Google's shitty optimization.
Is this why my dad's PC won't fullscreen 720p youtube videos without an error occurring after a few minutes?

Well, now we know why the smartasses bought youtube rather than some ecologically viable flying cars startup.
One wheel short of a wagon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91259 on: December 04, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »

Did you know that Dogs actually like working to an extent?

---

Humans too actually. I've had people who are jobless, but don't need the money, describe to me a sort of desire to work that grows a feeling like their time is wasted if they aren't doing something.

Even rich people who live off interest and assets find ways to add work into their lives.
Pages: 1 ... 6082 6083 [6084] 6085 6086 ... 11040