Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6074 6075 [6076] 6077 6078 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457615 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91125 on: December 02, 2015, 03:59:31 am »

Is there a Party Mix that exists where everything is good?
If there isn't, you could always cherry pick your own mix album out of songs you like. After all, with a modern computer, it's just a matter of reorganizing your collection.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91126 on: December 02, 2015, 04:03:38 am »

Think Neo means the snack-food party mix (aka Chex Mix) that's all the little random bits of chips, pretzels, chex, &c.

I hope he's not talking shit about the rye chips, though, those are the best part.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91127 on: December 02, 2015, 04:14:57 am »

Well, making your own snack mix doesn't even require technology. Just buy the snacks individually and mix them in a bowl as you please. Doing that might even be more economical than buying pre-mixed snacks.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91128 on: December 02, 2015, 06:16:20 am »

"I could save money by buying separate nuts and mixing them at home." - Homer Simpson

Also, the spacebar on my keyboard is squeaky, of all things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91129 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:51 am »

Well, making your own snack mix doesn't even require technology. Just buy the snacks individually and mix them in a bowl as you please. Doing that might even be more economical than buying pre-mixed snacks.

I don't even like snack mixes.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91130 on: December 02, 2015, 07:16:46 am »

Spoiler: Ummmmm (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91131 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:35 am »

I know we left the issue behind already, but I just want to point out that if amazon really goes with it's plan for global dominance air delivery with drones, they'll probably end up inventing some kind of force shields not unlike those of sci-fi movies.

Amazon drone, circa 2030

Amazon drone circa 2050

Try our new Death Prime delivery, guaranteed death to all rebels against our robotic overlords in less than 12 hours or you get your money back!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:28:11 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #91132 on: December 02, 2015, 08:40:08 am »

At least until genetic engineering messes up and we end up with these:

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91133 on: December 02, 2015, 08:43:15 am »

My Amazon Tele delivery messed up, the quantum computer I ordered was fused with a fly!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91134 on: December 02, 2015, 09:00:37 am »

Spoiler: Ummmmm (click to show/hide)

That's been around a while now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91135 on: December 02, 2015, 09:15:20 am »

WOOOOOOW

I am starting to see why both Pollyanna movies fudged the whole "telling Pollyanna" detail...

Given that at the time the books were made... Acceptable to lie to a child to hide their conditions, however permanent, from them.

Yet in one version she is basically told pretty much immediately... and in another she isn't but the movie portrays it as "wrong but understandable"

While apparently, if I am correct... in the original they lie to her... for her own good.

---

This is like reading an old James Bond book and finding out that in that universe Lesbianism is created through abuse and fixed by having sex with men.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91136 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:41 am »

Bay12 keeps telling me I've exceeded my login attempts when I try to navigate. Only when I'm offline. Is someone screwing with me or is it just mobile weirdness?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91137 on: December 02, 2015, 11:08:50 am »

Talk to some moderator or admin. See if it's an error or someone or something is trying to login from a different location. You could have a virus on one or some of your devices or something.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #91138 on: December 02, 2015, 12:57:03 pm »

I zoned out in lecture and when I looked back up at the projector it was talking about butterfly topology and twiddle factors.

WTF did I just miss.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91139 on: December 02, 2015, 01:20:55 pm »

Everything. This is why you don't zone out in lecture.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6074 6075 [6076] 6077 6078 ... 11040