Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6063 6064 [6065] 6066 6067 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452365 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90960 on: November 28, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

Of course, it doesn't work on humans, because we like the pain.
To the point that we purposefully cultivate plants with more poison so we can hurt ourselves harder.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90961 on: November 28, 2015, 04:11:32 pm »

Terrified thread, y u go on 'x'ty AIDS tangent?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90962 on: November 28, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #90963 on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:06 pm »

Everything about that comment is incredibly unnerving.

Lord have mercy.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90964 on: November 28, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »

Indeed, that is quite a disturbing comment, on several levels.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90965 on: November 28, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »

I thought I was starting to get over my violent mood swings. I was wrong. I've been in varying levels of a crap mood all day.

It was probably triggered by a female coworker that I had minor feelings for doing something that pissed me off way more than it probably should. Every time someone rolls a rack of clothing out to the sales floor, they're supposed to sign off on it. There's exactly four people(out of potentially a dozen or so depending on who's there and demand) that complies with this rule - myself and her included. For some reason, at the end of the day yesterday, I found she had crossed off all of the lines that I signed on the sheet. No idea why she did that, but I certainly did not appreciate it.

It also doesn't help that another female coworker who normally prints the tags that I normally attach to the clothing apparently just cannot do her job right. Nearly every single rack had at least 3 or so tickets printed wrong or were never printed at all. This is a minor delay if I catch it right away, several tedious minutes of redoing most of the entire rack over again trying to find where it went wrong and correcting it. Before long, we had a massive backlog of racks waiting to be tagged largely because of this.

It helps even less that this same person constantly makes comments about how she "hates men" during lunchtime. Even if she's saying it as a joke, I do not appreciate this, especially since the whole reason I left my previous job was because of sex discrimination, and the fact that state laws against such discrimination only applies to discrimination against women - which is also the reason I suffer from violent mood swings.

Maybe someone should show Gpkid91 that unicorn poop video from a few pages ago. He may be doing it wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90966 on: November 28, 2015, 05:41:05 pm »

yes, probably

i'm like 90% certain we could genetically engineer corn that produces an indigestible oil, given about a decade and millions upon millions of dollars

fund it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90967 on: November 28, 2015, 07:17:10 pm »

So whoever eats it is forever lubed up?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90968 on: November 28, 2015, 07:20:11 pm »

Sounds pretty convenient, really.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90969 on: November 28, 2015, 07:59:58 pm »

Corn plants that produce something like food grade mineral oil in the kernels? We can call it Corn-lax.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90970 on: November 28, 2015, 08:13:38 pm »

That's not how it works. If it cannot be used and stored, it must be removed. It will just flush the contents of your gut out as an oil suspension once it goes through all the piping.

That's already happening if you tried something like drinking edible oil in sufficient quantity - except then you are just overwhelming its capacity to utilize the fats.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90971 on: November 28, 2015, 08:22:16 pm »

It can reduce your ability to absorb fat-soluble vitamins too, if wikipedia's source from the 70s is accurate, too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90972 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:14 pm »

Cave did it first.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90973 on: November 28, 2015, 09:31:45 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90974 on: November 28, 2015, 09:32:58 pm »

This stupid radio station has played the exact same half hour long infomercial three times in a row.
Pages: 1 ... 6063 6064 [6065] 6066 6067 ... 11040