Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6062 6063 [6064] 6065 6066 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451942 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90945 on: November 27, 2015, 11:27:25 pm »

*snip*
HAHAHAHA, prepare yourself, infidel, your guts have been enriched and a storm of fire and brimstone is coming... THE WRATH OF ALLAH SHALL ERUPT FROM YOUR ARSE LIKE AN ENDLESS FLOW OF MAGMAAAAAAAA
I guess the poster was there for a reason, huh.
Now I want spicy food... my breakfast (it is 2:26 PM and I just finished it) was barely spicy at all, despite the hot sauce I added.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90946 on: November 27, 2015, 11:57:47 pm »

I just don't know... Between two Pollyanna movies I know...

One is objectively better. Pollyanna is a much more fleshed out character whose positive attitude is her way of coping with tragedy and her eventual turn for the worst is more everything she has been feeling rising to the top. Everyone has a lot more characterization with their different personalities and opinions being in multiple dimensions.

While the other is just a sap sappy movie where Pollyanna is just a happy go lucky girl whose turn for the worst is more out of shock. Everyone except for her aunt are sort of 2-dimensional real life cartoon characters.

Yet... I just like the sappy Pollyanna. It is just so much more entertaining for me. I guess because the "better" one is so dour all the time, and everyone's motivations become muddled and often unsympathetic ("I won't adopt that kid because I want to adopt Pollyanna! Even though that would mean taking her from her aunt")

I guess it is to say that the Disney version of Pollyanna works just as much on the viewer as she does on the townsfolk. As well the acting is well, extremely believable MOSTLY because a lot of it Pollyanna isn't actually acting (no really... sometimes they just filmed her doing stuff)

---

But can one say that the more entertaining movie is better in a way? Do we always have to measure quality by some sort of artistic metric?

I dunno I am just struggling with this.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:59:30 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90947 on: November 28, 2015, 12:14:14 am »

*snip*
HAHAHAHA, prepare yourself, infidel, your guts have been enriched and a storm of fire and brimstone is coming... THE WRATH OF ALLAH SHALL ERUPT FROM YOUR ARSE LIKE AN ENDLESS FLOW OF MAGMAAAAAAAA
I guess the poster was there for a reason, huh.
Now I want spicy food... my breakfast (it is 2:26 PM and I just finished it) was barely spicy at all, despite the hot sauce I added.
Tragic thing is I still somehow hunger for more, like my stomach has a split personality of many convictions
Bowels surprisingly fine since I balanced the cauldron of incendiary death with mixtures of coke, tea, cranberries, cod liver oil and so on; stomach is halal
Friendly reminder to not abuse spice limit as colon cancer is real and it kills many British who are too adjusted to spice
*EDIT
Chilli may actually decrease risk of colon cancer, who really knows, it's tasty toxin
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:19:34 am by Loud Whispers »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #90948 on: November 28, 2015, 01:46:30 am »

Maybe its because I almost never take the eyeglass of 'seeing items' for any extended length of time, but I never knew there is sometimes hidden food in the blood merchants house, behind the gold wall.  -.-

I also dont play much outside of Aria these days, so maybe thats why too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90949 on: November 28, 2015, 01:54:41 am »

Maybe its because I almost never take the eyeglass of 'seeing items' for any extended length of time, but I never knew there is sometimes hidden food in the blood merchants house, behind the gold wall.  -.-

I also dont play much outside of Aria these days, so maybe thats why too.

What the freeken heck!?!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90950 on: November 28, 2015, 02:11:51 am »

The spice has only ever been used in dares and bets for me.
But when 'tis. My word.

One long noodle, ghost chilli, about a minute of straight 'shoop'ing.

Then my lips are gone.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90951 on: November 28, 2015, 02:15:09 am »

Nevermind rewatching the 2003 Pollyanna made me realize that the 1960 Pollyanna was outright better

I forgot the 2003 version just kind of skips to after Pollyanna already helped everyone... and kind of skips several plot details and gets to the conclusion. It really only does Pollyanna more deeply but without any of the natural acting the 1960s one does.

---

Also does anyone feel like Tony Stark (Ironman) from the movies feels like he was written by Tony Stark in the comic books?

He has none of his weaknesses or negative points... and whenever they bring up a flaw of his it is that "He is too smart" and "Too debonair" with none of his Manwhorish behavior

It is like Tony Stark wrote him, himself.

---

I think I know the 2003 Pollyanna's overall problem and that is that it remained too true to the book to the point where it BARELY changed a single line. Thus all that happened is they condensed it down without changing any of the details to fit the format. So the scene where Pollyanna sleeps on the roof occurs, but not the scene about it being too hot in her room (making it seem like she suffered a ADD attack) thus ruining the point.

And while the 1960s version changed quite a few things. It knew what it needed to add, remove, and condense. What it changed they rewrote to fit the plot and made it tie into everything else.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:47:38 am by Neonivek »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90952 on: November 28, 2015, 07:28:14 am »

http://oddshot.tv/shot/teamfortresstv-20151128121825520

this is a high-level tf2 6s game
a spy got four kills in overtime when the other team was on their last point, winning them the map and preventing their team being knocked out.

absolutely fucking ridiculous

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90953 on: November 28, 2015, 11:01:33 am »

The spice has only ever been used in dares and bets for me.
But when 'tis. My word.

One long noodle, ghost chilli, about a minute of straight 'shoop'ing.

Then my lips are gone.
That's 2006's most spicy spice? Brave, or foolish

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #90954 on: November 28, 2015, 11:32:55 am »

a spy got four kills in overtime when the other team was on their last point, winning them the map and preventing their team being knocked out.

Spies are in 6s now?

Oh, how the mighty leagues fall.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90955 on: November 28, 2015, 03:01:57 pm »

Spies are in 6s now?

Oh, how the mighty leagues fall.
froyo disbanded last week man

also breaking news offclassing is a thing more at 10
that said this whole tournament was eu gimmicks: the musical
tek wrecking reason with dh airshots, flippy landing headshot after headshot, publiclir with insane spy gimmicks, ubersaw hits, arrow drops, skillstick frags, a medic surfing right into kaidus' face and getting meleed to death, the list of ridiculous shit goes on. lan tf2 is the funniest shit ever

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90956 on: November 28, 2015, 03:11:53 pm »

You people and your spices.  You know what make me happy?  Pepper.  And that's if I'm feeling adventurous. 

You people can have your spice all you want.  I'll be perfectly fine over here eating food that did not evolve it's taste as a way to try and kill me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90957 on: November 28, 2015, 03:28:48 pm »

You people and your spices.  You know what make me happy?  Pepper.  And that's if I'm feeling adventurous. 

You people can have your spice all you want.  I'll be perfectly fine over here eating food that did not evolve it's taste as a way to try and kill me.
It's not trying to kill you. It's plant mace. There are far, far more nefarious plants.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #90958 on: November 28, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »

But Greiger, how can you tell if it's good without feeling the pain?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90959 on: November 28, 2015, 04:03:29 pm »

It's not trying to kill you. It's plant mace. There are far, far more nefarious plants.

It's basically a way of saying "please don't eat my babies" and ensuring that most predators really won't come back for more.

We should all be so lucky as to have our babies safely slathered in a coating of murder-sauce.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6062 6063 [6064] 6065 6066 ... 11040