Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6060 6061 [6062] 6063 6064 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452196 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90915 on: November 27, 2015, 12:28:51 pm »

Don't know why, today I remembered the day I had to really argue with a dude that Paranormal Activity movies aren't real found footage. He insisted (don't know if he still does) it was really found footage of a real case with real people.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90916 on: November 27, 2015, 12:41:21 pm »

Don't know why, today I remembered the day I had to really argue with a dude that Paranormal Activity movies aren't real found footage. He insisted (don't know if he still does) it was really found footage of a real case with real people.
May be he was joking in such way?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #90917 on: November 27, 2015, 01:33:45 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. Took people a long time to be convinced that The Blair Witch Project wasn't found footage.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90918 on: November 27, 2015, 01:38:58 pm »

May be he was joking in such way?
Sadly no, he wasn't. Going great lengths to explain how the camera was connected to a computer with a huge hard drive and plugged directly to the AC plug so it never stopped filming. He was deadly serious about it. For every point he had a counter point on how all was real, and why it was obviously not a movie but real footage. At times he was sceptical but always found a new resolve to defend the authenticity of the movie.

I lost contact with this guy before the promos of the second part came out, it would be funny to know what he would think about it. And now I remember the why I recalled him, today I saw a poster with a promo of Paranormal Activity IV Return of the Phanton Zone Boogaloo, The Revenge, and thought how funny would be to hear him argue that somehow people keep coming across this real found footage.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90919 on: November 27, 2015, 01:39:57 pm »

And I thought MY suspension of disbelief was strong!

I almost envy him. Being able to enjoy or get immersed in art easily is great.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90920 on: November 27, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. Took people a long time to be convinced that The Blair Witch Project wasn't found footage.
Yeah but the Blair Witch was the first "found footage" movie to make it big (or at least they weren't dime a dozen back then) and it also didn't feature any overt supernatural stuff like demon ghost people throwing stuff around and breaking necks and stuff.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90921 on: November 27, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

Yeah but the Blair Witch was the first "found footage" movie to make it big (or at least they weren't dime a dozen back then) and it also didn't feature any overt supernatural stuff like demon ghost people throwing stuff around and breaking necks and stuff.
Oh that one was the motherload indeed. My cousin swore to me it was true footage found by the FBI and even recently my sister still went with "yeah all those films are pure smoke and mirrors bs, not like the Blair Witch which was real..."

I'm starting to have the sinking feeling I live in a country of idiots. Like yesterday, we went to see the final part of the Mocking Bird because what the hell not, at this point it was something I had to do so my wife could close that chapter in her life. Spoilers alert:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow this has to be the first time I employ the spoilers tag to actually avoid spoil something.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:57:49 pm by LordBaal »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90922 on: November 27, 2015, 02:02:14 pm »

Spoiler: Response to spoilers (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90923 on: November 27, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »

Mockingjay, goddamnit. Mockingjay.

It's Katniss Everdeen, not Katniss Finch.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90924 on: November 27, 2015, 02:37:07 pm »

I'd ship it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90925 on: November 27, 2015, 02:41:57 pm »

My phone provider's site has some new anti-adblocking stuff. You can't do much if you've got one on. Can't pay bills, use a lot of features, or even log in.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90926 on: November 27, 2015, 02:45:00 pm »

That's crazy. Don't they make enough money already without ads?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90927 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:31 pm »

That's crazy. Don't they make enough money already without ads?
Unless your phone provider actually gives the service for free that makes no sense.

Meh... mokingwhatever. I only saw them to get my wife into the sack.
Spoiler: PS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:57:48 pm by LordBaal »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90928 on: November 27, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »

What the fuck is an "enough money"

There is no god, only milking
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90929 on: November 27, 2015, 02:58:54 pm »

Oh, right, their god is probably the stock market, which demands ever-increasing growth.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6060 6061 [6062] 6063 6064 ... 11040