Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6054 6055 [6056] 6057 6058 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448675 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90825 on: November 26, 2015, 08:28:01 am »

Everyone I've spoken to agrees that the big, floppy breasts are the best part of that game. I can't imagine why anyone would object.

I bought it for Bayman saying 'SOYA' over and over again like some deranged health foods commercial.
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90826 on: November 26, 2015, 08:33:00 am »

Whatever right now we are just in another ultra-morality cycle

Just like those Christians who said that Dungeons and Dragons, Rock and Roll, and potty humor was EVIL!!!

We will just have to endure this for 10-20 more years before we find out they are being silly.

That's not... How that happened.
Humanity hasn't really liberally regressed since the dark ages.

I just imagine that the world is attempting to find a way to sexualise all genders and body types equally.

True the SJW with videogames could be because more conservative people are playing it.

As opposed to the liberal only (because conservative people believe videogames are EVIL!)

I really dislike this flip. Back when I was being bugged by certain games I advocated a lot of the same things as the SJWs... but they don't really think about what they preach and thus I have to now go on the other side and hold it up.

It is like you spend your life advocating say, the right to bare arms, and then a bunch of crazy people are starting to say that every house should have a AK-47 by law and suddenly you have to go "No! that isn't appropriate!" and now your "against the right to bare arms"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:36:05 am by Neonivek »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90827 on: November 26, 2015, 08:38:39 am »

the right to bare arms
Sleeves are oppression.

:P

On-topic edit: yeah, it's pretty hard to be moderate these days. The us-versus-them dichotomy ruins everything, since worst case scenario, extremists on both sides of the issue hate your guts.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:44:01 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90828 on: November 26, 2015, 09:08:19 am »

sjws ruin everything, yes. Its the only thing they're competent at, unless they can actually shut up long enough to do something productive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90829 on: November 26, 2015, 09:15:41 am »

What is SJWS?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90830 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:17 am »

Soluble Jubbly Wipes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90831 on: November 26, 2015, 09:18:37 am »

What is SJWS?

Skeletal jello women.

Social justice warriors, purveyors of hardline Maximum Political Accuracy. These days, the term specifically seems to apply to the fringe crazies.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90832 on: November 26, 2015, 09:19:58 am »

What is SJWS?
Stupid people on the internet, probably but not nessesarily from tumblr, who try to get people fired because they hurt their feelings and other idiotic ideas that get nothing done. "Social Justice Warriors."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90833 on: November 26, 2015, 09:21:58 am »

Ahhh those idiots that get offended at everything, and if something doesn't offend them, then they are offended on behalf of others anyway.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90834 on: November 26, 2015, 09:22:36 am »

Ahhh those idiots that get offended at everything, and if something doesn't offend them, then they are offended on behalf of others anyway.
You summed it up quite nicely there.

Edit: I wish there was a better term for them we could use... calling them "warriors" of any kind is absurd, and lends them far too much legitimacy. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90835 on: November 26, 2015, 09:33:28 am »

Their BS makes it hard or impossible to discuss the real issues intelligently.  If you see any problem with systematically hypersexualizing female characters for being female, you're "one of them man-haters".  Because *they* throw around "woman-hater/misogynist" at the drop of a hat, because they're attention seekers who send expeditions from their echo chambers to find "offensive" material.

End result, discussion of the issues falls apart because it's too easy to demonize the other side.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90836 on: November 26, 2015, 09:35:39 am »

Edit: I wish there was a better term for them we could use... calling them "warriors" of any kind is absurd, and lends them far too much legitimacy.
It's deliberately ironic.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90837 on: November 26, 2015, 09:40:53 am »

SJF?
Social Justice Flamers?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90838 on: November 26, 2015, 09:45:10 am »

It's deliberately ironic.
I know, I know- but it still hurts my soul to call such people by as noble a word as 'warrior'.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90839 on: November 26, 2015, 09:50:12 am »

Since when is 'warrior' a noble word? A warrior is quite simply a person who is either too dumb or too uncivilized to be a soldier.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6054 6055 [6056] 6057 6058 ... 11040