Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462275 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90630 on: November 23, 2015, 09:53:04 pm »

Still can't be good for you.
100% of people who inhale vapors from "vaping" die in their lifetime.

Wouldn't "their lifetime" exclude their death? #pedantry

Edit: RETROACTIVE QUOTING
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90631 on: November 23, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »

Had coworker who was fired for smoking indoorrs, they left insisting that there was no nicotine so they weren't smoking. Where does our recruiting guy find these people?

I can imagine the conversation at the unemployment office.
Unemployment: "It says here you were terminated for violating the company's no smoking policy repeatedly."
Coworker: "Yea, but I wasn't smoking. I was using one of those vapor cigarettes.  That's not smoking."
Unemployment: "Did they warn you to stop?"
Coworker: "Yea but they told me to stop smoking, and I wasn't smoking soooo.... where's my check?"
Unemployment: *Areyouseriousface.jpg*
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:22:54 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90632 on: November 24, 2015, 01:18:03 am »

I actually kind of like the smell of some of them.
I'm still not about getting smoke all over me or my things though.
Oh, I don't mind the smell of e-cigs, either. Most of 'em just smell like shisha (probably since some of them are the same thing).
But if they cause other people half as much discomfort as actual cigarettes cause me, it's probably not nice to blow the vapour in people's faces. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90633 on: November 24, 2015, 02:04:06 am »

They're still pretty damn gross, yeah. One of my coworkers used his indoors for a week or so. Someone chewed him out I guess. Now he just takes excessively long smoke breaks and leaves us stranded in a sea of unhappy customers. I doubt he used nicotine free ones either.

There's only like one other guy working there that doesn't use tobacco... I bet were both addicted anyway and wed die if we got fired :v

The sheer number of lighters lit in the store every day from people testing them makes me wonder if our smoke detectors are even working.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90634 on: November 24, 2015, 05:35:19 am »

Not so much a WTF as the complete lack of one.

I wore a greatcoat to school today. Black, heavy and made of thick wool, practically an armband away from something a Nazi officer or a Soviet commissar would wear. Nobody batted an eyelid.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90635 on: November 24, 2015, 05:44:05 am »

That's because you forgot the hat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #90636 on: November 24, 2015, 05:59:16 am »

I wore a greatcoat to school today. Black, heavy and made of thick wool, practically an armband away from something a Nazi officer or a Soviet commissar would wear. Nobody batted an eyelid.
A guy at my old school wore a top hat to school and nobody mentioned it. He also had that sort of greatcoat on, and an umbrella.
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90637 on: November 24, 2015, 06:04:32 am »

I don't get their attitudes. Ok SURE you aren't going to kill anyone.

But would you like it if I went around with a can of air freshener and sprayed it in your face and everywhere?

No! Heck I'd probably be kicked out of a store if I went around spraying Febreeze.

As well blowing smoke at people was rude even back when people thought Smoking was healthy for you... You didn't go "Well its good for you" and then blow some more in.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90638 on: November 24, 2015, 06:15:49 am »

A guy at my old school wore a top hat to school and nobody mentioned it. He also had that sort of greatcoat on, and an umbrella.
I did that a couple of times myself; it's the one I posted a while back in the photo thread, actually. It has the added benefit of rendering you completely unable to keep a straight face.

Wool overcoats are pretty normal-looking no matter what you do to them, TBH. I've once gotten a tease over my coat's Nazism and that was when I donned an inherited leather one cut like a military greatcoat, shoulder straps and all and I've been using it for the last two years' tail ends of winter.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90639 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:26 am »

Actually, IIRC it's pretty recently been uncovered that a lot of the vape fluids are carcinogenic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90640 on: November 24, 2015, 08:34:33 am »

Actually, IIRC it's pretty recently been uncovered that a lot of the vape fluids are carcinogenic.

Well yes, all of the nicotine ones. Unless they found out the "non-nicotine" ones are as well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90641 on: November 24, 2015, 08:35:17 am »

> they found out the "non-nicotine" ones are as well.

This, I believe.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90642 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:46 am »

Well yes, all of the nicotine ones. Unless they found out the "non-nicotine" ones are as well.

Nicotine isn't a carcinogen. The cancer, emphysema, &c. came from inhaling a bunch of tar-filled smoke with all sorts of nasty additives, which is why vapes were initially touted as a healthy alternative to smoking. The issue with vapes is that researchers found high levels of formaldehyde in the vapor--something like 5x-15x as much as in cigarette smoke under reasonable usage conditions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90643 on: November 24, 2015, 08:46:13 am »

Nicotine isn't a carcinogen. The cancer, emphysema, &c. came from inhaling a bunch of tar-filled smoke with all sorts of nasty additives, which is why vapes were initially touted as a healthy alternative to smoking. The issue with vapes is that researchers found high levels of formaldehyde in the vapor--something like 5x-15x as much as in cigarette smoke under reasonable usage conditions.

Yep but reading the article it seems that the condition for it to produce formaldehyde is unrealistic for most (if not all) people.

As the article said it is the equivalent of a steak that has been cooked for 18 hours. Sure it is full of carcinogens, but it is also charcoal.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90644 on: November 24, 2015, 09:13:41 am »

I've taken to watching Shojo...
So far only one housemate has found out.
But I yelled that if they told anyone I'd kill them. absolutely.
But... If they wanted to watch them with me... That's fine.
Not that they're anything special to me! They're dumb! Really dumb!
Whatever!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 ... 11040