Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6040 6041 [6042] 6043 6044 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461011 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90615 on: November 23, 2015, 02:26:06 pm »

Dear people with Vapes here are some things you might not know
1) It is rude to blow smoke at people, even if you are using a nicotine free version.
2) It is rude to blow smoke over people's food... even if you are using a nicotine free version
3) It smells horrible... I don't sprey cans of air freshener in rooms, so it isn't appropriate to vape like crazy.

Seriously I just want to punch some people who use Vapes in the face. They are some rude SOBs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90616 on: November 23, 2015, 02:27:48 pm »

1) It is rude to blow smoke at people, even if you are using a nicotine free version.
2) It is rude to blow smoke over people's food... even if you are using a nicotine free version.
3) It smells horrible... I don't sprey cans of air freshener in rooms, so it isn't appropriate to vape like crazy... even if you are using a nicotine free version.

Seriously I just want to punch some people who use Vapes in the face. They are some rude SOBs.
FTFY. It was bothering me :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #90617 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »

2) It is rude to blow smoke over people's food... even if you are using a nicotine free version
3) It smells horrible... I don't sprey cans of air freshener in rooms, so it isn't appropriate to vape like crazy.

Yeah...what is it with people who vape thinking that using a nicotine free version suddenly makes using it everywhere ok? I don't care about the damn nicotine, the stuff smells horrible and irritates my throat. Stop using it inside where I have to breath it!

Jerks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90618 on: November 23, 2015, 03:04:14 pm »

In other news, smokeless cigars are a thing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #90619 on: November 23, 2015, 03:10:23 pm »

Yeah...what is it with people who vape thinking that using a nicotine free version suddenly makes using it everywhere ok? I don't care about the damn nicotine, the stuff smells horrible and irritates my throat. Stop using it inside where I have to breath it!

Jerks.
Had coworker who was fired for smoking indoorrs, they left insisting that there was no nicotine so they weren't smoking. Where does our recruiting guy find these people?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90620 on: November 23, 2015, 03:24:54 pm »

Had coworker who was fired for smoking indoorrs, they left insisting that there was no nicotine so they weren't smoking. Where does our recruiting guy find these people?

Somebody's brother.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90621 on: November 23, 2015, 03:41:45 pm »

Just in case anyone wasn't aware yet, vapes are mouth-fedoras.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90622 on: November 23, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »

I thought the nicotine-free ecigs just produced steam, though, not actual smoke?
They are still annoying, though. But they are are thousand times less shitty than assholes who actually smoke cigarettes in public. Fuck those people who decide to share their foul-smelling smoke with everyone in a crowded area, such as a busy street in the CBD.

The fact that drinking alcohol in public is outlawed, with heavy fines attached, but it is perfectly okay to puff on a cigarette and blow the smoke at people is patently absurd. It's at least banned in a small area around restaurants, but it needs to be banned in every public space where crowds are expected.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90623 on: November 23, 2015, 05:09:36 pm »

I actually kind of like the smell of some of them.
I'm still not about getting smoke all over me or my things though.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90624 on: November 23, 2015, 05:18:26 pm »

Didn't realize, but my phone takes pictures at 4128 x 2322 in size.

That seems a little excessive.

Also got in shit again from my mom's ex. Because it only takes a week or less to completely alter your lifestyle! Told him that I can't go hanging out with my friends at all hours of the night because everyone actually has things they need to do during the day. At least three work on Sundays, so we can't even have Pathfinder games past nine on Saturdays.

Apparently this doesn't change anything. I should still be out partying with them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:20:32 pm by BlackFlyme »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90625 on: November 23, 2015, 05:27:11 pm »

I thought the nicotine-free ecigs just produced steam, though, not actual smoke?

I can certainly detect a scent in the vapor, it is not purely steam. It's really annoying when we get customers with those. I want to tell them to put it away, but that'll likely result in an argument and I'm not about to lose my job because of vaping asshole.

Also got in shit again from my mom's ex. Because it only takes a week or less to completely alter your lifestyle! Told him that I can't go hanging out with my friends at all hours of the night because everyone actually has things they need to do during the day. At least three work on Sundays, so we can't even have Pathfinder games past nine on Saturdays.

Apparently this doesn't change anything. I should still be out partying with them.

I have to say, this is the first instance I've ever seen of a parent who actually wants their kid partying all night. Granted, you aren't actually his kid, but still...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90626 on: November 23, 2015, 06:00:16 pm »

I can certainly detect a scent in the vapor, it is not purely steam. It's really annoying when we get customers with those. I want to tell them to put it away, but that'll likely result in an argument and I'm not about to lose my job because of vaping asshole.
I just kick those assholes out of my store and move on. Fortunately, my company takes a no-holds-barred approach with it. Then again, water vapor and close to a million dollars of electronics inventory don't really mix well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90627 on: November 23, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »

To everyone who don't know what vapes are, its actually oil vapors. It's why it smells strong.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #90628 on: November 23, 2015, 07:11:55 pm »

Still can't be good for you.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90629 on: November 23, 2015, 09:01:45 pm »

Still can't be good for you.
100% of people who inhale vapors from "vaping" die in their lifetime.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6040 6041 [6042] 6043 6044 ... 11040